United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Ashley's Grime

Default Re: Vidic offski

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
now now al, the casual observer could mistake you for a raving homophobual.
Yes, well said Albert.

Unread 19-05-2010, 07:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Inter won the title by 2 points.

Bayern finished outside of the top four last year didn't they? On the rise for years?
i said a couple of years. and it's a simple fact based on what i've seen with my own eyes over in Munich and from what my mates there have told me. klinnsman's appointment was a set back, but the set up was so strong that they have been able to put that behind them immediately.

doubt they finished outside the top 4 last season btw, bearing in mind the big game you may have noticed they have got coming up on saturday

Unread 19-05-2010, 07:49 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i said a couple of years. and it's a simple fact based on what i've seen with my own eyes over in Munich and from what my mates there have told me. klinnsman's appointment was a set back, but the set up was so strong that they have been able to put that behind them immediately.

doubt they finished outside the top 4 last season btw, bearing in mind the big game you may have noticed they have got coming up on saturday
Yeah they finished 2nd as it happens, but to an average Wolfsburg team (who we beat with our stiffs, and who Fulham also beat this season). 7 defeats in 34 games aswell, but fair enough Klinsmann had a shocker.

How do you explain your comments over Inter? They struggled big-time to juggle their European and league commitments, which meant they limped over the finishing line. If Lazio hadn't rolled over for them, who knows what might have happened.

Unread 19-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

don't understand your point

how do you explain United holding off Arsenal and winning the league in 99 despite drawing 4 of their last 8 games while they were knocking out Inter and Juve and reaching the FA Cup final?

what does it matter how many times Bayern lost in their league? they got more points than everyone else over the season

these leagues are supposed to be competions, not processions

Unread 19-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Liu Jian

It suggests their squad isn't as good as you make out.

Unread 19-05-2010, 09:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

i can see you're struggling with this now

Wolfsburg had a different manager this season to what they had last season

Bayern, also with a new boss, knocked United out of the CL and are on course for the Treble

Inter managed their run-in and are also on the verge of the Treble

Barcelona were incredibly lucky to reach the CL final last season and were again utterly unconvincing in this season's CL semis

United went closer to 4-in-a-row than any other team in English football history, despite the constant criticism the squad has faced this season

Unread 19-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Liu Jian

Bayern were lucky to get through to the final after two 4-4 draws where they won on away goals.

See what I did there?

Unread 19-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Bayern were lucky to get through to the final after two 4-4 draws where they won on away goals.

See what I did there?
yeah you typed something that i typed about 10 posts ago

well done though

Unread 19-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Liu Jian

You also mentioned 'stunning' game changing moments, but it has been much more luck, and while the Bundesliga is competitive, it's also a bit shit...which means Bayern themselves are a bit shit...

Unread 19-05-2010, 09:39 PM
dunk

I'm starting to think that Liu doesn't understand football. He seems to think that unless a team is romping to every trophy, leathering everyone they meet along the way, they are actually shit.

Or at least, that's the way his posts read

Unread 19-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

along with Inter, Bayern are one of the top 5 teams in europe this season and fully deserve to be considered as the very best if they win on saturday night.

barcelona and chelsea have both been seen off by Inter very stylishly and very convincingly.

United would be fifth on my list, level with Real perhaps

no offence, but if you disagree i really couldn't give a £#%&!.

Unread 19-05-2010, 09:51 PM
armchair

I think it would be best all around if he went to Real as part of the Benzema deal.

Unread 19-05-2010, 09:56 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think it would be best all around if he went to Real as part of the Benzema deal.
Liu? I'd agree with that. I think he'd enjoy it there, waving his white hanky at the TV whenever Real fail to win by 5.

Unread 19-05-2010, 10:04 PM
borsuk

bayern have improved as the season has gone on, bit like inter. bayern were actually ready to sack van gaal at one point (last season iirc) but have really come on.

barca dominated inter home and away in the group stages, when inter gave as unambitious and anemic a pair of performances as i can remember from a top european side, especially at home, but were well beaten when they met in the quarters.

tbh the cl is as much about who can run into form/have players fit at the right time as it is anything else. it's really a pretty shite tournament when all's said and done.

Unread 19-05-2010, 11:20 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
along with Inter, Bayern are one of the top 5 teams in europe this season and fully deserve to be considered as the very best if they win on saturday night.

barcelona and chelsea have both been seen off by Inter very stylishly and very convincingly.

United would be fifth on my list, level with Real perhaps

no offence, but if you disagree i really couldn't give a £#%&!.
Oh God, how am I supposed to sleep tonight after that earth-shattering news?

Dunk, you're obsessed with me. No time for sleep cos you're always day dreaming. You are clueless . 'Everything is fine, la la la...'

Unread 19-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
bayern have improved as the season has gone on, bit like inter. bayern were actually ready to sack van gaal at one point (last season iirc) but have really come on.

barca dominated inter home and away in the group stages, when inter gave as unambitious and anemic a pair of performances as i can remember from a top european side, especially at home, but were well beaten when they met in the quarters.

tbh the cl is as much about who can run into form/have players fit at the right time as it is anything else. it's really a pretty shite tournament when all's said and done.
tbph the group stages are merely a preamble. last season Barca lost to Ruben, this season to Shakhtar. or was it the other way round? who cares really. United lost at home to Besiktas ffs van gaal does have a habit of rubbing people up the wrong way as well. personally i can't stand the bloke and i've never even met him!

Quote:
Oh God, how am I supposed to sleep tonight after that earth-shattering news?
is there some kind of point to this comment?

i honestly thought forum posting cliches had moved on, lawless notwithstanding, obviously.

Unread 19-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Liu Jian

Just highlighting that it's presumptuous to assume anyone on here cares that you don't give a £#%&!.

Great thread though, I must say.

Unread 19-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Just highlighting that it's presumptuous to assume anyone on here cares that you don't give a £#%&!.

Great thread though, I must say.
I hope you're going to pick your toys up and put them back before bed.

Unread 19-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Inter Milan vs Bayern Munich

looking forward to it

the biggest club football game in the planet

between probably the two best teams in europe this season

Unread 19-05-2010, 11:57 PM
Liu Jian

Thumbs up Re: Vidic offski

Quote: