United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Yes. We're 8th in the league. Do you honestly believe Klopp, Guardiola or even Howe/Emery wouldn't be able to get more out of this squad?
Yes, The squad is a mess.

Guardiola wouldn’t be here because he’d have lost his shit when the club signed a left back on emergency loan and Johnny Evans in the summer.

Klopp went through similar early on until their DoF completely revamped their squad to fit his way of playing.

Howe/Emery… come on.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

Pep playing to the cameras doing his coaching again going off the pitch

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
we are as far behind them now as they were behind us in 2008.

I'm serious.

we are £#%&!ing light years away from them.
Hate to bring it up but they beat us home and away that season

I don’t think city ever went into games against us with no hope
They always felt their team would fight and maybe could get a result

I just hope we don’t suffer another historic humiliation
I didn’t watch a second of that today because I knew exactly what would happen
Sounds like we were lucky it was only 3 nil

Sadly I’m starting to think ETH isn’t the man
He came into the club with his footballing principles and how he wanted his teams to play but that’s disappeared and it looks like he’s just desperately looking for a result every game

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
i get the culture thing to an extent…. but are the glazers on the training field?
People like Jadon Sancho could never get away with pulling their shit at even a reasonably competently run club.

Unread 29-10-2023, 06:57 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Guardiola wouldn’t be here because he’d have lost his shit when the club signed a left back on emergency loan and Johnny Evans in the summer.

Klopp went through similar early on until their DoF completely revamped their squad to fit his way of playing.

Howe/Emery… come on.
So until the Glazers go, all managers get a free ride? £#%&! that. He's doing awful. He's making awful decisions. Things need to improve and he needs to accept that what he's trying isn't working.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:02 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
People like Jadon Sancho could never get away with pulling their shit at even a reasonably competently run club.
There are two arguments at play here that you always conflate. Please stop doing it

Could any manager be successful under the glazers? - with great difficulty but it’s possible. We’ve had glimpses of it since Fergie.

Should ten Hag be doing better regardless of the ownership? 100% he £#%&!ing should.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:02 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Yes. We're 8th in the league. Do you honestly believe Klopp, Guardiola or even Howe/Emery wouldn't be able to get more out of this squad?
Whilst The Glazers/Parsites are still our owners , no manager is going to stand a chance of turning United into a half-decent side let alone a title winning team. yes sure I have also been pissed-off with some of his team selections & tactics, but Im also aware that ETH & just about every Manager since Fergie has been delt a crap hand by having to work under those Parasites!

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:05 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
So until the Glazers go, all managers get a free ride? £#%&! that. He's doing awful. He's making awful decisions. Things need to improve and he needs to accept that what he's trying isn't working.
Of course not, He’s making mistakes. But it’s not as black and white as the manager is awful, change the manager imv.

Players missing chance after chance or making mistakes every game need to take responsibility.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:05 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
Whilst The Glazers/Parsites are still our owners , no manager is going to stand a chance of turning United into a half-decent side let alone a title winning team. yes sure I have also been pissed-off with some of his team selections & tactics, but Im also aware that ETH & just about every Manager since Fergie has been delt a crap hand by having to work under those Parasites!
Repped.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Of course not, He’s making mistakes. But it’s not as black and white as the manager is awful, change the manager imv.

Players missing chance after chance or making mistakes every game need to take responsibility.
And the manager who keeps picking them.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:07 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Of course they wouldn’t. They’re at clubs that are either set up to ensure success or there’s simply no pressure. Anything other than relegation at Villa and they’ve delighted ffs.

United has a toxic mix - it’s badly run by people who have no interest in on-field success, and it’s still by far the biggest club in England.

So the pressure, scrutiny and expectation are enormous, but the structure and mentality to deal with them just aren’t there.

After the last ten years I’m amazed you think Eddie Howe would do better. He’d probably take us down.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:08 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Howe/Emery… come on.
Completely agree.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
There are two arguments at play here that you always conflate. Please stop doing it

Could any manager be successful under the glazers? - with great difficulty but it’s possible. We’ve had glimpses of it since Fergie.

Should ten Hag be doing better regardless of the ownership? 100% he £#%&!ing should.
We've had definite glimpses of it under EtH, no less.

I take your point, but isn't it strange how *all* our managers go the same way after a while?

That's fundamentally down to those who run the club not being interested in winning, as long as (just enough) money rolls in.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:10 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
of course they wouldn’t. They’re at clubs that are either set up to ensure success or there’s simply no pressure. Anything other than relegation at villa and they’ve delighted ffs.

United has a toxic mix - it’s badly run by people who have no interest in on-field success, and it’s still by far the biggest club in england.

So the pressure, scrutiny and expectation are enormous, but the structure and mentality to deal with them just aren’t there.

After the last ten years i’m amazed you think eddie howe would do better. He’d probably take us down.
100%

Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
i get the culture thing to an extent…. but are the glazers on the training field?
No but to a degree they are infulancing the type of players that ETH has to work with, they are hoping & praying that by getting us players on-loan ect that ETH will somhow turn a sours ear into a silk purse 7 any decent young players keep getting sent out on loan instead of being used to challenge the 1st team players for their places, thuds meaning that they know they can get away with playing crap as their is nobody likely to step into their starting places

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
And the manager who keeps picking them.
Not sure he has a choice at the moment.

They’re all at it.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Of course they wouldn’t. They’re at clubs that are either set up to ensure success or there’s simply no pressure. Anything other than relegation at Villa and they’ve delighted ffs.

United has a toxic mix - it’s badly run by people who have no interest in on-field success, and it’s still by far the biggest club in England.

After the last ten years I’m amazed you think Eddie Howe would do better. He’d probably take us down.
Get him in ffs

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Yup.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:15 PM
Patty_b

ETH is not doing a good job at the moment, but to see him go out of the door before some of the absolute dross in our squad that are still stealing obscene livings would sum up what is wrong with the team in the first place.

Unread 29-10-2023, 07:16 PM
Sparky***

There are certain mitigating factors that you have to consider, sure. Firstly the fact that 5 of our first team players are currently injured and our back ups are either last min average loan signings or 36 year old players that were considering retirement. This is not the way a top club should operate, certainly not one that has any sort of pride or ambition. But then that got beaten out of us a long time ago.

That being said, i've watched a few games this weekend in the premier league and outside of maybe the bottom 4 or 5 sides, you know the most hopeless ones, I don't think you'll see another side who give the opposition as much time and space on the ball as we do. We are mind bogglingly easy to play through.

Those "tactics" in the 2nd half, if you can even call them that, were £#%&!ing shambolic . Same goes for those substitutions. All discipline, awareness gone completely out the window as we just charged about leaving absolute acres of space eveywhere. How can that be allowed to happen? What about things like basic team shape and being compact when you don't have the ball?

Grealish and Foden had an absolute whale of a time, stood in oceans of space the entire game. Haaland, a 6ft 5in abominable snowman completely left on his own time and time again in the penalty area and but for Onana this would have been 6 or 7.

Look, we all know they're miles better than us - that doesn't take a genius to work out - but that doesn't excuse how easy we make it for them and just about everyone else we play! Or how habitually ill disciplined and lazy our players are. There isn't a single team in the top 15 of this league that i'd fancy us to beat comfortably. We are about as hopeless at it gets right now at both ends of the pitch - you didn't need the runaround off City to know that much. We've been appalling all season.

The faces on the players at the end of the game told a story, they all look lost. Personally I'll be surprised if ten hag is still here in the new year, that's how desperate I think it's going to get.