United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 08-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Stickman

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Chelsea v United thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
04/05
southampton
norwich
crystal palace
west brom
birmingham
charlton
boro

bad year
Southampton and Boro im all for being in the Prem.

Boro are @#%&!s but they defo have a place imo

Unread 08-11-2009, 09:52 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Right, i've cleared my head (had a fantastic £#%&!, released the tension).

Right. My doomlordery before the game which is usually so reliable totally backfired in my face. Chelsea aren't the unbeatable juggernauts the media would have you believe-they've played some very average teams in the league so far and against us today they looked one-dimensional and robotic. Nothing has changed.

Our team is younger and has more to give overall. If we'd have been at similar strength as them today, we'd have won. No doubt. Bertbatov was a massive loss for us today.

We'll move on, after the international break (AGAIN!!) And I wouldn't be surprised to see us go on 8 game winning streak or something.

We're getting the rough end of the stick at the moment in regards to decisions. Hopefully things will turn around in that respect.
£#%&!in typical!

Unread 08-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Southampton and Boro im all for being in the Prem.

Boro are @#%&!s but they defo have a place imo
not for me, half ground every week (except against us) etc

Unread 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Stickman

this boy is the real deal. You know youve got a talent when youd advocate the moving on of Rio or Vidic so he can make the step up proper.

For me - if Rio's back is going to sort itself out, it has to be Nemanja to go

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Much better than anfield but we're missing something upfront imo.

Thought Fletcher and Evans were super.

Kick in the balls result though.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:24 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Much better than anfield but we're missing something upfront imo.

Thought Fletcher and Evans were super.

Kick in the balls result though.
I think 4-3-3 is the way to go, but Rooney (who was outstanding today) works well as the central player in a 3, so where does that leave Berbatov?

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:25 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

oh, and i appear to have banned aloe blacc for no particular reason. oh well.
youve spent too much time in eastern europe Borsuk

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's always the same pattern too. Someone - usually Rooney - has the ball facing their box, dances around a bit, ends up facing backwards, gives it to a midfielder who predictably gives it to Valencia, Evra, O'Shea etc. who then plays a vague cross into no-one, which is cleared easily.
That's sums it up perfectly. It's so predictable.

The midfield created a superb platform for the front players to attack from, but Rooney aside, United had no ideas.

Valencia worked hard defensively but is garbage at creating anything or beating a man. Giggs had a stinker today which is half expected given his age.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I think 4-3-3 is the way to go, but Rooney (who was outstanding today) works well as the central player in a 3, so where does that leave Berbatov?
I don't think he is suited to the role personally. He is extremely hit and miss there.

If we play 4-3-3 we need someone who can really lead the line, be the focal point of the attack, maintain their position, run in behind, hold the ball up and be a consistent goal scorer. Which means going out and finding a player who can do it.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:40 PM
magic_cantona

We were fantastic today (final 3rd apart) and deserved to get at least a point.

£#%&!ing hell, I feel positive but it hurts like £#%&!.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't think he is suited to the role personally. He is extremely hit and miss there.

If we play 4-3-3 we need someone who can really lead the line, be the focal point of the attack, maintain their position, run in behind, hold the ball up and be a consistent goal scorer. Which means going out and finding a player who can do it.
He's played well there a few times but IMO in that formation he's better suited playing from the left.

Oh, I felt Valencia had a very good game today both in terms of defence and attack. Can't be arsed going into detail why though.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
He's played well there a few times but IMO in that formation he's better suited playing from the left.

Oh, I felt Valencia had a very good game today both in terms of defence and attack. Can't be arsed going into detail why though.
Fair enough. I'd imagine you think that way because he kept cole quiet. If so it's a fair point, but nullifying the full back isn't enough IMO.

He certainly didn't create much or pose much of a goal threat himself.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Fair enough. I'd imagine you think that way because he kept cole quiet. If so it's a fair point, but nullifying the full back isn't enough IMO.

No that's not why. Tactially he was excellent though.

Unread 08-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

ronaldo never did at stamford bridge either and he didnt protect to the full back, so we improved

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

So where does that leave Rooney in your plan??
I thought he was brilliant today.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
ronaldo never did at stamford bridge either and he didnt protect to the full back, so we improved
True dat.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
So where does that leave Rooney in your plan??
I thought he was brilliant today.
Wide left.

It comes as no surprise that you think he was brilliant tbh

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:08 PM
S/Side.Red

I thought Rooney was shocking in the first half, personally.

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Wez

Lee Dixon and Alan Hansen backing us up on MOTD2

Makes a change

Unread 08-11-2009, 11:21 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
It comes as no surprise that you think he was brilliant tbh
well I am a United fan

There are some people on here (& I'm not including you so don't start) who over-analyze & criticise Rooney with a fine tooth comb.
If he does 6 brilliant things in a half of Football, but loses posession 3 times they'll bring up the 3 times he gave the ball away as if all their overseas bum-chum 'grass is greener' Centre Forward options (all scouted on youtube naturally) never give the ball away EVER.

I'd rather be continually kissing one of our players arse's than be forever sneering & sniping at a particular one.