United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 10-08-2023, 10:48 AM
Baron

Honestly, fair play to him.

Bayern will extend his career into his late 30's the way Lewandowski has, he could play there for years & still come back & smash the PL record.

He'll at least end up with some pots, potentially a CL if they gel & he gets a massive pile of money to live & work in Bavaria.

Unread 10-08-2023, 10:49 AM
suedeshoes

He's desparate to join United

Unread 10-08-2023, 10:49 AM
windy waffles

Can't wait to hear his German.

Unread 10-08-2023, 10:50 AM
Hyman_Roth

£94m being quoted for Kane. Wasn’t Antony £86m?

£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 10-08-2023, 10:53 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

£#%&!ing hell.
One year left on his contract

Probably better to compare it to the mount transfer if any.

Unread 10-08-2023, 10:53 AM
dunk

£500k a week…

And that’s the asking price outside of England.

Unread 10-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Stickman

Still don’t see him going.

Unread 10-08-2023, 10:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

£#%&!ing hell.

Soz rothers but that's a nonsense comparison.

You seriously think Levy would have sold him to us at all? Let alone for the same amount he's gone to bayern?

If there was any hope at all, we'd have been in for him I expect. We appear to have identified early there wasn't so we moved on to other targets. Absolutely the right thing to do rather than spending another £#%&!ing summer chasing ghosts.

Unread 10-08-2023, 10:56 AM
Baron

Quote:

£#%&!ing hell.
Kane's wages are quoted at £575k p/w - the total of his deal will be somewhere around £300m over the course of his deal.

Antony would be nearer a third of that & much younger with a re-sale value that (so long as he actually delivers) could be what we paid at least etc.

Not exactly comparable.

Similar to what I've just said about Mount & Pavard to Marlo - all deals are unique, the total cost for Kane to United is simply out of our range in FFP terms when we need so many other players to bulk out the squad.

If Kane was so desperate to join us he would have sat out the year at Spurs & joined us for free in 12 months or a knock-down fee in January.

I don't blame him for going to Bayern, they're a great club & he'll win loads, live abroad for a few years & possibly get in the mix for top individual honours as well if they win the CL.

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:04 AM
marlo

Bayern will be favourites for the cl this season if he goes

City will fail miserably this season in my opinion

Haaland won’t be as potent and losing gundogan and mahrez means their squad is not great.

Foden and Cole palmer off the bench is very meeeeh.

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:06 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

£#%&!ing hell.
You honestly think that Levy would agree that amount with an English club?

Give your head a wobble rothers

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:06 AM
pedr0

Quote:

£#%&!ing hell.
we got absolutely bent over for Antony, no two ways about it.

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:07 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Still don’t see him going.
I think he will, he has to, no? If he sys no now, he's turning down guaranteed trophies for another season of utter turmoil and embarrassment.

Spurs most know he wants to go too.

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:09 AM
Baron

City have vast amounts of money from FFP () & will have a formidable defence with Gvardiol joining.

Surely they'll just be buying some better replacements later in the window, they have no rush while you're just sticking Haaland & De Bryune out to make mincemeat of the PL in the meantime.

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:09 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I think he will, he has to, no? If he sys no now, he's turning down guaranteed trophies for another season of utter turmoil and embarrassment.

He needs to cut his losses and go. He'd have probably won the premier league and champions league with man city by now if his idiot brother hadn't negotiated an iron clad 6 year contract that he had no way of getting out of.

Moral of the story is, if you're unsure about where your club is heading long term then get a release clause.

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:14 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

Let’s see….

I couldn’t see the England captain in the Bundesliga when his stock is so high and his home league is the “box office” league. I thought he’d hold out on Germany with his young family but i’ve been wrong more times than I care to count before.

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:32 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Soz rothers but that's a nonsense comparison.

You seriously think Levy would have sold him to us at all? Let alone for the same amount he's gone to bayern?

If there was any hope at all, we'd have been in for him I expect. We appear to have identified early there wasn't so we moved on to other targets. Absolutely the right thing to do rather than spending another £#%&!ing summer chasing ghosts.
Not at all. I know levy wouldn’t have sold him to us - it’s just a comparison highlighting how we seem to constantly over pay and under sell. People talk all the time about united tax and how no club will sell to us but other top European clubs (which Bayern 100% are) seem to manage.

Kane would have been a game changer for us - exactly what we need at this precise moment - a cantona/van persie type signing. I accept that it was never going to happen so fair enough, what do we do, we go out and overpay for Hojlund and Mount. And last season get openly raped over Antony. All players that will hopefully develop and come good but non of them game changers. Very very expensive bodies.

It would be nice if we were on the right side of this for once.

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:43 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Not at all. I know levy wouldn’t have sold him to us - it’s just a comparison highlighting how we seem to constantly over pay and under sell. People talk all the time about united tax and how no club will sell to us but other top European clubs (which Bayern 100% are) seem to manage.

Kane would have been a game changer for us - exactly what we need at this precise moment - a cantona/van persie type signing. I accept that it was never going to happen so fair enough, what do we do, we go out and overpay for Hojlund and Mount. And last season get openly raped over Antony. All players that will hopefully develop and come good but non of them game changers. Very very expensive bodies.

It would be nice if we were on the right side of this for once.
Bayern are hardly getting him on the cheap
100 million pounds for a 30 year old player with one year left on his contract is a ridiculous amount of money

Personally think we’re selling much better this window
You can’t compare teams selling their best players to us trying to off load our deadwood
We’ve done very well to get 30 mill for Maguire

We did the right thing not going for Kane
Levy would never have sold him to us and if he actually somehow would it would have to be far higher than what Bayern are paying

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:44 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Bayern will be favourites for the cl this season if he goes

City will fail miserably this season in my opinion

Haaland won’t be as potent and losing gundogan and mahrez means their squad is not great.

Foden and Cole palmer off the bench is very meeeeh.
Haaland hasn't scored in his last six competitive games apparently.

Unread 10-08-2023, 11:51 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Haaland hasn't scored in his last six competitive games apparently.
Still a certainty for everyone's FF teams. Maybe.