United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2016, 07:48 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Do you think bbc and the itv can show those England goals anymore rammed down my face all £#%&!ing night.
Tbf they've shown the Bale goal just as much .....

Unread 16-06-2016, 07:54 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Tbf they've shown the Bale goal just as much .....
Don't mind that given the chance to laugh at you know who, tbf.

Unread 16-06-2016, 08:15 PM
sa7

Good to see Sparky running rings around the local manatee, and that's a £#%&!ing big ring to run.

Unread 16-06-2016, 08:17 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Kowtow

Unread 16-06-2016, 08:30 PM
rockored

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Don't mind that given the chance to laugh at you know who, tbf.
Nerys Hughes?

Unread 16-06-2016, 08:41 PM
King Eric

Wales were poor, we weren't that great either. We seem to lack something, a killer ball at the right time, we have loads of possession and press hard, but don't seem to have many good chances. That's us qualified I think, I hope Wales can join us, but it's gonna be tough for them against the Russians.

Unread 16-06-2016, 09:22 PM
sa7

I enjoyed Savage going on about the "pure passion of the Welsh players" when Rooney's shit was blocked following his lovely bit of skill on the edge of the box.

The two players in question were Ashley Williams (Wolverhampton) and James Chester (Warrington). £#%&!ing Rooney was born nearer Wales than either of those two.

As an aside, I've decided Ashley Williams is one of my most hated players. Gets talked about as if he's Nemanja Vidic, when he's really just the English Robert Huth.

Unread 16-06-2016, 09:42 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
As an aside, I've decided Ashley Williams is one of my most hated players. Gets talked about as if he's Nemanja Vidic, when he's really just the English Robert Huth.
First off, you have low standards for hated players.

But it's an indication of the lack of truly great centre-halves in today's game that he's one of the better ones in the PL. After the seasons they've had, the likes of Cahill and Stones shouldn't be near the England squad

Unread 16-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Zorg

New angle of Bale's goal

Unread 16-06-2016, 10:40 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
New angle of Bale's goal

Lolz

Unread 16-06-2016, 10:45 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
shyeah. would have walked into our team. huth is a dirty @#%&!; williams is just an industrial player. do not see any reason at all to hate him.

Unread 16-06-2016, 11:23 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
shyeah. would have walked into our team. huth is a dirty @#%&!; williams is just an industrial player. do not see any reason at all to hate him.
Once nearly killed a United player

Unread 16-06-2016, 11:38 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
First off, you have low standards for hated players.

But it's an indication of the lack of truly great centre-halves in today's game that he's one of the better ones in the PL. After the seasons they've had, the likes of Cahill and Stones shouldn't be near the England squad
Probably should've clarified, "less obvious hated players"

Unread 17-06-2016, 12:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Beat player on the pitch today.
Not an awful lot of competition there tbf.

Rooneys selection in midfield won't be vindicated by last gasp wins over poor sides like Wales. He will come up against a much better side in this tournament where we will get a better look at him. I find it hard to forget his no show at Upton Park, even if he was great in the FA Cup final against Palace when they sat off him.

I dearly hope he continues to do well, because he's probably going to get games in midfield for us next year

Unread 17-06-2016, 12:25 AM
taff

disappointing result. joe hart is a £#%&!ing clown though

Unread 17-06-2016, 12:25 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Rooneys selection in midfield won't be vindicated by last gasp wins over poor sides like Wales. He will come up against a much better side in this tournament where we will get a better look at him. I find it hard to forget his no show at Upton Park, even if he was great in the FA Cup final against Palace when they sat off him.

I dearly hope he continues to do well, because he's probably going to get games in midfield for us next year
Mou will play him at number 10. There's no way he'll play him in centre midfield imo.

Unread 17-06-2016, 12:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Mou will play him at number 10. There's no way he'll play him in centre midfield imo.
I think he might get games in various positions. If Zlatan shows up then either Rooney plays in midfield or Rashford doesn't play as a striker. Would be a huge risk to develop a tendency to play Rashford wide right chasing backwards and stunt his momentum.

In games at Old Trafford against weaker sides, Rooney in midfield with Zlat behind Rashford will be tempting.

Unread 17-06-2016, 12:41 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

rooney can't vindicate himself in any position playing for england. but he's not a midfielder.

we don't need to drop any of martial, zlat, rashford, rooney, keane or wilson. we just need hodgson as manager.

Unread 17-06-2016, 12:42 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
sturridge is stinking out the place and that takes some doing.
Perfect.

Vote remain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
This gif will make me smile at least once a week for at least the next year. If used properly it could be devastating

Unread 17-06-2016, 12:46 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
rooney can't vindicate himself in any position playing for england. but he's not a midfielder.

we don't need to drop any of martial, zlat, rashford, rooney, keane or wilson. we just need hodgson as manager.
Yeah, my point just that the decision to play him there in this tournament is yet to be judged. These two matches are quickly forgotten once England play a top side. If he does well there then it'll look a good call, and maybe Mourinho will consider it sometimes next year.

Last season we had enough of the ball against deep defences to suggest Rooney could help us in that role. As he did in the cup final. Longer term, we should be edging him out the team in all probability. Guess plenty depends on how successful we are in the market.
Closed Thread