United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:16 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Rooney's been dogshit for a while but Jones and Smalling are just not good enough and never have been
I've given them a chance in the past but I'm sick of the pair of them

How long have we waited for them to come good
They hardly have the potential to be Bobby Moore or Baresi so £#%&! knows why we've held onto them this long waiting for them to come good

Chancers
it was their first game back in months. We're decimated by injury in that area of the pitch.
They were off the pace today nqat ..& I agree that neither are quite good enough to take us to the level we want to be at.

But all 3 of those lads give everything on the pitch. I'm not so sure the same can be said for one or two others.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:16 PM
puressence

6 plus months you've waited. £#%&! me absolutely hate 90 percent of Utd fans ... 4 players not played any football for 2 months one longer another shell of the player he was that's 5 going against a team who can pass all day ... taken 26 games for a team to beat us and you still £#%&!ing moan. Jose is building something for the club to progress further it's not a quick fix If we get cl watch next season how far he takes us .. he's an amazing manager and I always feel like something will happen with him in our dugout.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:17 PM
saffers

Good performance, unfortunately a fake result.

But at least now complete focus on the Europa.
Or maybe not given that West Ham WILL beat the scouse....

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Denis Irwell

Unfortunately, Spurs WILL beat United

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:19 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:21 PM
utd99

Quote:

You sound like Ty.

Tiberian

Quote:

Mourinho probably having weekly tantrums over the results of those above us, "£#%&!ers let us in again"

AK14

Quote:

Will we be above Liverpool by Xmas then?....

Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
The team he put out Today could beat Celta Vigo, they're £#%&!ing £#%&!, Southampton are shite and Spurs will be mathematically done if Chelsea beat Boro Tomorrow and West Brom on Friday.

This idea our fixtures were impossibly difficult is shite.
Never said they were impossible. But they're tough. And we'd need to win all of them. And the two Europa League games.

Celta are shit, but so are Burnley, Stoke, Swansea, Hull, Bournemouth etc. Those results and the other 76 draws this season are evidence that this side will drop points. There's nothing to suggest wed win all our remaining games.

We can go all out to try and win six games or all out to try and win two.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:22 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Unfortunately, Spurs WILL beat United
If west ham win I think we would be well up for it, knowing the europa league final is in the bag providing all goes well on Thursday.

I thought we did well today and we played very well in Vigo who have beaten Barca 3 years in a row and knocked real out of a two legged cup tie this season. We created enough chances to win 4 or 5 nil. What's this meme about mourinho turning united into a negative team? Such a shame to see certain folks on here buying into the myth.....

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
it was their first game back in months. We're decimated by injury in that area of the pitch.
They were off the pace today nqat ..& I agree that neither are quite good enough to take us to the level we want to be at.

But all 3 of those lads give everything on the pitch. I'm not so sure the same can be said for one or two others.
And Arsenal beat us with Holding, Koscielny and Monreal in a back 3.

irk

Quote:

saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Never said they were impossible. But they're tough. And we'd need to win all of them. And the two Europa League games.

Celta are shit, but so are Burnley, Stoke, Swansea, Hull, Bournemouth etc. Those results and the other 76 draws this season are evidence that this side will drop points. There's nothing to suggest wed win all our remaining games.

We can go all out to try and win six games or all out to try and win two.
Nice that that our unbeaten run ending made you return! #antiunitedgang

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:25 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
van gaal history has been wiped out from our club pal

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
If west ham win I think we would be well up for it, knowing the europa league final is in the bag providing all goes well on Thursday.

I thought we did well today and we played very well in Vigo who have beaten Barca 3 years in a row and knocked real out of a two legged cup tie this season. We created enough chances to win 4 or 5 nil. What's this meme about mourinho turning united into a negative team? Such a shame to see certain folks on here buying into the myth.....

Don't do it to yourself pal.

Eggs in one basket now.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

Today was just very predictable given the circumstances. We set up ok. Started ok. We were always likely to play on the break. Couple of early chances that give us something to protect. Had we got it, I'm sure we'd have worked much harder to keep it. But once we went behind and then quickly to 2-0....did people really expect us to throw eveything at them to get a point that isn't good enough just to prove that we are United and we never give up etc etc

It was no worse than many times we've lost to them in better form and more critical games. We were worse last season.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So we should expect to be shite now?

How very Moyes.
One league defeat in 8 months and you're talking about Moyes?

really?

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Nice that that our unbeaten run ending made you return! #antiunitedgang
Apart from the posts actually defending United amidst criticism of United, yeah.

#Fakepostassessment

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:28 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Today was just very predictable given the circumstances. We set up ok. Started ok. We were always likely to play on the break. Couple of early chances that give us something to protect. Had we got it, I'm sure we'd have worked much harder to keep it. But once we went behind and then quickly to 2-0....did people really expect us to throw eveything at them to get a point that isn't good enough just to prove that we are United and we never give up etc etc

It was no worse than many times we've lost to them in better form and more critical games. We were worse last season.
Lot of people underestimate the damage to flow 8 changes can make, we've not had a settled team for months(coincidentally since we last played consistently well)

But absolute nonsense to say we are anti football and so on.

6 months the haters waited for us to lose. previous years all it took was 6 days!

Next season will be very different, losers and low energy @#%&! like smalling will surely be disappeared and more real men will be brought in.