United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2015, 11:52 AM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Christ, I hope so. No experience managing average players and transforming a shit team into a good one. His skill is managing a group of top players with huge egos.

Klopp or koemen would be a worry.
Absolutely spot on. Also he loves quality restaurants, good food and fine wine. Won´t find any of those living in Formby.

Fear not. The two Merseyside clubs hire average managers. Monk nailed on to be the next Liverpool manager.

Unread 26-09-2015, 12:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Tim £#%&!ing Sherwood. Jesus I'm a better football manager than him.

He's also in the papers today insisting Jack Grealish is worth £60m

All depends on what country he declares for.

Unread 26-09-2015, 06:27 PM
ZiggyStardust

From a few years ago but still makes me laugh

Unread 26-09-2015, 08:48 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
"I am pretty confident that there is a group of people that don’t want me to be here as manager. In all competitions this season we have lost less games than Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

“The hysteria around ourselves is interesting to note. Myself and the players stay very calm and work very hard, and they got their rewards.”
Us. The hysteria surrounding US you pathetic £#%&!er.

Unread 26-09-2015, 10:26 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 28-09-2015, 12:44 AM
ScarFace

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-pressure.html

There has been a frenzy, there is no doubt about it, to get me out of here,’ said Rodgers. ‘There is no question about that. Whether that’s a Liverpool hysteria or big club hysteria I am not so sure. The scrutiny here is obviously greater, for me, than any club.

‘But it is a huge club. As a manager you know that and deal with it. It’s not about proving people wrong. I think I’ve shown in the early stages of my management — without being arrogant — that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end.
‘There are very short memories in football. The team was eighth when I got here. We built a team to excite people throughout European football that should have won the league.

"I know how to manage top players. If you give me the tools, I’ll do the work.”

Unread 28-09-2015, 04:44 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

There has been a frenzy, there is no doubt about it, to get me out of here,’ said Rodgers. ‘There is no question about that. Whether that’s a Liverpool hysteria or big club hysteria I am not so sure. The scrutiny here is obviously greater, for me, than any club.

‘But it is a huge club. As a manager you know that and deal with it. It’s not about proving people wrong. I think I’ve shown in the early stages of my management — without being arrogant — that with a talented group of players I can compete at the top end.
‘There are very short memories in football. The team was eighth when I got here. We built a team to excite people throughout European football that should have won the league.

If there is any frenzy to get rid, it's amongst (at least) a large minority of their fans. He's not going to come out and say that though is he? .....and therein lies part of their problem.

Unread 28-09-2015, 08:04 AM
Switching Off

Quote:

You missed off the last sentence Scar!!! Maybe the Mail missed it, but the Graun used it:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...e-match-report

Unread 28-09-2015, 08:07 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
You missed off the last sentence Scar!!! Maybe the Mail missed it, but the Graun used it:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...e-match-report
Whoa. Some neck on him saying that.
Is he not choosing the signings?

Unread 28-09-2015, 08:10 AM
andyroo

What's he complaining about, he's got a bunch of complete tools already.

Unread 28-09-2015, 08:19 AM
20 times

The bloke is on the verge of lunacy.

Unread 28-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Zorg

Quote:

:rattled:

Unread 28-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Pop

Quote:
There are times when you wonder if Stephen King’s novel ‘The Shining’ was inspired by an Anfield trip.

A caretaker is handed the keys to a grand institute and succumbs to neurosis and paranoia after seeing ghosts in every corridor. It looks like the timeline of the last five Liverpool managers.
Hopefully he'll 'correct' the dressing room before he's shoved.

Unread 28-09-2015, 01:19 PM
Child of Darkness

good win fir em over villa

keeps him lingering for another week

Unread 28-09-2015, 01:34 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

:shakehead:

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:43 PM
Baron

Quote:

& are currently......

Unread 28-09-2015, 02:53 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
& are currently......

Unread 28-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Grimson

Unread 28-09-2015, 08:05 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That £#%&!ing picture. Look at me and the sage I have become. :£#%&!er:

Unread 28-09-2015, 09:01 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That £#%&!ing picture. Look at me and the sage I have become. :£#%&!er:
That cup contains a sample of Brent£#%&! (C). He's busy running a competition in Liverpool to find a lucky lady to bear the next son of God.

(Anton doesn't answer the phone these days )
Closed Thread