United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:12 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
no one has fought more to remove greenwood than the glazers you £#%&!ing nonce.

Unless you're counting rachel riley
yep there's one example straight away

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:15 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
You missed one:

“I’ll sneer from 4,000 miles away”
Aimed at me?

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:16 PM
Finport Red

Quote:

I’m fairly certain Larry will consider the ‘o’ in ‘counting’ superfluous.

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
fans who fight more to remove greenwood than the glazers, what a sad state we're in
Its the Glazers who tried to force Greenwood back on us, because its cheaper than getting a new striker in.

But carry on apologising for them.

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:25 PM
larry

nowhere have i apologised for the glazers, i hate them more than anything else in the world

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:29 PM
red in cumbria

So you are on the same side as them regarding Greenwood, doesn't that make you at least wonder a little?

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:32 PM
larry

gary still insistent they're going to sell

Unread 03-09-2023, 07:34 PM
red in cumbria

They can say (or rather brief client hacks) they're not selling all they want, but one thing they ultimately can't buck is the markets.

If the stock market price plummets and shareholders start looking elsewhere, its over.

Unread 03-09-2023, 09:21 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They can say (or rather brief client hacks) they're not selling all they want, but one thing they ultimately can't buck is the markets.

If the stock market price plummets and shareholders start looking elsewhere, its over.
Stock market price is irrelevant to them. The value lies in the non-listed shares they own.

Unread 03-09-2023, 11:27 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Stock market price is irrelevant to them. The value lies in the non-listed shares they own.
This shit again, of course they care, their wealth is tied up in millions of shares.

They might not care about short term fluctuations in the price, but they put the club on the market shortly after the stock hit a new low under Ralph Rangnick (£8.50) per share.

If they choose to delay the sale it's because Avram & Joel have convinced the others that things will improve under Ten Hag, thus the share price will stabilize, and they will get billions more for the club in the future.

At any right I'm starting to get suspicious of news on the sale of the club. Everytime something positive happens with Qatar, the stock pops & does the opposite when the Glazer's want to say......I wouldn't be surprised if short sellers make a handful of cash on Tuesday

Unread 03-09-2023, 11:40 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
This shit again, of course they care, their wealth is tied up in millions of shares [/i]
But not the ones traded on the market …

Unread 04-09-2023, 12:42 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
But not the ones traded on the market …
??? I can't be bothered to post how much each Glazer owns in shares.

If they postpone the sale, because they think they can get £10b in a few years that's one thing....

If they choose to end the sale and go with minority investment....hedge funds will short the shit out of MANU over time & their net worth will get hammered in the long run.

(which is why you here stories about Avram & Joel wanting to buy out their siblings)

Unread 04-09-2023, 07:24 AM
pedr0

Quote:
??? I can't be bothered to post how much each Glazer owns in shares.

If they postpone the sale, because they think they can get £10b in a few years that's one thing....

If they choose to end the sale and go with minority investment....hedge funds will short the shit out of MANU over time & their net worth will get hammered in the long run.

(which is why you here stories about Avram & Joel wanting to buy out their siblings)
there are 2 classes of shares.
- the ordinary stock, traded on the market
- the preferred stock, which is owned by the glazers

the preferred stock has 10x the voting rights of the ordinary stock. so the glazers own 70% of the total shares but control 99% of the voting rights. the share price of the ords does not equal the value of the preferred stock, otherwise nobody would be offering more than £4bn for it.

the rest of your analysis makes no sense. the market will somehow react differently to some arbitrary distinction between whether they are postponing or ending the sale? what's the difference? the share price noise is just speculation on their being a possible takeover, same as with every listed company.

if the glazers choose to stay it's because they think their asset will be worth more in the future. some short term share price noise isn't going to affect that.

Unread 04-09-2023, 01:03 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0

the preferred stock has 10x the voting rights of the ordinary stock. so the glazers own 70% of the total shares but control 99% of the voting rights. the share price of the ords does not equal the value of the preferred stock, otherwise nobody would be offering more than £4bn for it.

the rest of your analysis makes no sense. the market will somehow react differently to some arbitrary distinction between whether they are postponing or ending the sale? what's the difference? the share price noise is just speculation on their being a possible takeover, same as with every listed company.

if the glazers choose to stay it's because they think their asset will be worth more in the future. some short term share price noise isn't going to affect that.
This is the key stock. While they own 55% + 1 share of the preferred stock, they have control of the club. The rest of the shares are worth jack in terms of power at the club if you don't own at least that much.

Unread 04-09-2023, 03:53 PM
Dr Stranger

I’d be ok with yesterday if this happened. Cheers.

Unread 04-09-2023, 04:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://x.com/mufcmpb/status/1698686...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

I’d be ok with yesterday if this happened. Cheers.
I would love to see them blasted into the sun.

Unread 04-09-2023, 04:17 PM
DublinRedDevil

'i would like to buy this mars bar from you. however, instead of giving you one pound for it now, the mars bar will take out a loan to buy itself, which it may or not pay back in due course.'
nom nom nom
@#%&!s.

Unread 04-09-2023, 05:33 PM
jem

Quote:

so, you're saying "it was the jews"?

Unread 05-09-2023, 01:21 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0

the preferred stock has 10x the voting rights of the ordinary stock.
so the glazers own 70% of the total shares but control 99% of the voting rights. the share price of the ords does not equal the value of the preferred stock, otherwise nobody would be offering more than £4bn for it.

Ffs, I've already had this discussion for you. The so called preferred stock your referring to (B class shares that give them voting rights) are common stock.

Their value is tied to the price of the NYSE! Again...

Quote:
Take Darcy Glazer, who is apparently the one who wants to sell. According to the Athletic. next to Joel Glazer she owns the most shares in the company. (Class A & B)

Let's say, Darcie Glazer's currently has £392,000,000 worth of MANU stock at current price.
If it drops down to the share price under Ralph Rangnick it's worth around £231,000,000. That's close to having your wealth cut in half.
That also means a reduction in dividend pay outs.

If they choose to delay the sale for more money, and Ten Hag keeps them in the top 4, I'm sure the share price will stabilize until 2025/26, but again....

If they choose to end the sale outright, and go with minority investment, over time their wealth will get hammered, which is why the media is reporting a split in the family over the sale.

Unread 05-09-2023, 05:18 AM
Ethers

Why don’t you try and buy a B-class share in Manchester United, for the current NYSE price of the stock, and then get back to us.