United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-06-2023, 07:35 AM
Furry Russian hats

It’s shit but Manchester City ended as a club in 2008, their owners could have bought literally any club in the country and this would have been the result, due to their admittedly excellent recruitment and industrial scale cheating.

The sky would have fallen in last year if Liverpool had won the treble or quad because they are real. It’s shite for all the Manchester reds l know but anywhere outside the M60 City are a meaningless joke and always will be.

Unread 04-06-2023, 07:46 AM
jem

it's not just about the money. city have kia elan-ed barcelona, too, adding to the idea that it could have been anyone.

but it's still a bit of a pathetic argument. they have the best squad in the country. and we can't even mark players on the edge of the box.

Unread 04-06-2023, 07:51 AM
silv

thought of jack Grealish holding all three trophies before pissing around ibiza all summer bobbing Emily Atack is enough to make me sick

Unread 04-06-2023, 08:03 AM
MUFC One Love

It will forever tainted and they know it.

They have to be done for it, properly. If they're not other clubs will do what they want regarding FFP.

Unread 04-06-2023, 08:35 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

They have to be done for it, properly. If they're not other clubs will do what they want regarding FFP.
FFP will be scrapped and rightly so. Owners of clubs should be allowed to spend whatever they want of their own money if they want to be successful. It’s allowed in every walk of life so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be allowed in football.

If the likes of Portsmouth want to spend 100 million of what they don’t don’t have in an attempt to be successful then so be it, they can’t complain when it doesn’t work.

People seem to be forgetting that it’s taken City 15 years to get to where they are, it didn’t happen overnight by them ploughing a load of money in to it. The owners quite cleverly seen that instant success isn’t sustainable and spent time building the foundations they have to make them to most successful team in Europe. Does it hurt? Of course it does because it’s City and I’ll be as sick as a dog next week if they do it. The only hope is that whoever owns us next is just as clever and ambitious.

Unread 04-06-2023, 10:20 AM
dunk

Portsmouth effectively did that and fell through the leagues and almost went bust. Leeds the same. The owners made a right £#%&! of the clubs then ditched leaving the fans to face the heartbreak. That’s why FFP was brought in.

No instance success? They won the FA cup inside 2 seasons and the league inside 3. In doing so they bought players from and destabilised all the clubs above them who were following the rules and had built themselves to those positions via genuine means, usurped them and forced themselves into the CL ahead of them. Doing this denied the other clubs the revenue from the CL that would’ve enabled them to continue growing and maybe compete in the future.

Football is a competition. The governors of the competitions have a responsibility to keep the competitions competitive, allowing a state to own a club/s and spend what they like immediately eradicates any competition.

FFP will be refined, and tightened and rightfully so. Every other club works to the rules and accepts punishment if they don’t.

Newcastle are a case in point, from battling relegation to top 4 and a cup final in 18 months. The first thing they did once they had money was to sign a relegation rival’s number 9 for daft money, same player summarily ditched 12 months later once his former club were relegated and his current club had survived. Just shows FFP isn’t stringent enough tbh.

Unread 04-06-2023, 10:39 AM
Jethro

Most Divs I've talked to since yesterday have merely cemented my point. They don't give a £#%&! about the Treble only getting one over on us. And that is why I don't give a solitary £#%&! nor rise to their baiting. They hate it.

Their entire success is as organic as a Big Mac and it eats them up inside.

Unread 04-06-2023, 10:50 AM
AK14

Tbf I found it quite funny that by 7pm last night sky had replaced their win on the on screen yellow ticker with the news that Celtic had won a cup.

I’d love to see Inter snide their way to a 1-0 win.

Unread 04-06-2023, 01:36 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Most Divs I've talked to since yesterday have merely cemented my point. They don't give a £#%&! about the Treble only getting one over on us. And that is why I don't give a solitary £#%&! nor rise to their baiting. They hate it.

Their entire success is as organic as a Big Mac and it eats them up inside.
If this is the type of nonsense you pull with the mrs it would explain a lot. Pack it in

Unread 04-06-2023, 06:26 PM
puressence

It started when Gareth Barry was bought and was on 140k a week ffs 🤦‍♂️

Unread 04-06-2023, 07:03 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
FFP will be scrapped and rightly so. Owners of clubs should be allowed to spend whatever they want of their own money if they want to be successful. It’s allowed in every walk of life so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be allowed in football.

If the likes of Portsmouth want to spend 100 million of what they don’t don’t have in an attempt to be successful then so be it, they can’t complain when it doesn’t work.

People seem to be forgetting that it’s taken City 15 years to get to where they are, it didn’t happen overnight by them ploughing a load of money in to it. The owners quite cleverly seen that instant success isn’t sustainable and spent time building the foundations they have to make them to most successful team in Europe. Does it hurt? Of course it does because it’s City and I’ll be as sick as a dog next week if they do it. The only hope is that whoever owns us next is just as clever and ambitious.
The state ownership aspect isn't allowed though is it? So if sponsorships are messed with etc it's against the rules?

Unread 04-06-2023, 07:11 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Portsmouth effectively did that and fell through the leagues and almost went bust. Leeds the same. The owners made a right £#%&! of the clubs then ditched leaving the fans to face the heartbreak. That’s why FFP was brought in.

No instance success? They won the FA cup inside 2 seasons and the league inside 3. In doing so they bought players from and destabilised all the clubs above them who were following the rules and had built themselves to those positions via genuine means, usurped them and forced themselves into the CL ahead of them. Doing this denied the other clubs the revenue from the CL that would’ve enabled them to continue growing and maybe compete in the future.

Football is a competition. The governors of the competitions have a responsibility to keep the competitions competitive, allowing a state to own a club/s and spend what they like immediately eradicates any competition.

FFP will be refined, and tightened and rightfully so. Every other club works to the rules and accepts punishment if they don’t.

Newcastle are a case in point, from battling relegation to top 4 and a cup final in 18 months. The first thing they did once they had money was to sign a relegation rival’s number 9 for daft money, same player summarily ditched 12 months later once his former club were relegated and his current club had survived. Just shows FFP isn’t stringent enough tbh.
Postage.

Unread 04-06-2023, 07:36 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Yea but if you don’t like the ffp rules just break them, if you’re backed by a middle eastern state why follow the rules

Unread 04-06-2023, 07:46 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Yea but if you don’t like the ffp rules just break them, if you’re backed by a middle eastern state why follow the rules
Stockholm syndrome @#%&!s aots.

Unread 04-06-2023, 08:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
It’s why the rules need tightening, punishments need to be harsher and someone needs making an example of..

Unread 04-06-2023, 08:16 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Exactly. Just spend whatever you want, it’s allowed in every other walk of life so why not football?

Should probably consider scrapping some of the other overly restrictive ‘rules’ in the game of football too.

I can walk down the road and pick up a football with my hands anywhere I want. But if I do that on a ‘football pitch’ it’s suddenly an issue and I could be sent off for it?

Erm, why? £#%&!ing sick of this absolute bullshit.

Unread 04-06-2023, 08:44 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

Sure if you want to destroy clubs that have more than economic value, they are part of the community. 3 Premiership Rugby Clubs disappeared including Wasps.

Sport requires competition.

Unread 04-06-2023, 09:41 PM
measlyshark

Quote:

No you won't, you'll be happy as Larry as your overlords have won. £#%&! off you sycophantic, Stockholm @#%&!.

Unread 04-06-2023, 11:36 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by measlyshark
No you won't, you'll be happy as Larry as your overlords have won. £#%&! off you sycophantic, Stockholm @#%&!.
Are they termed shots fired

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

I know it’s only Twitter etc, but that does seem to be where all the plebs who will be calling this the greatest soccerball achievement ever will likely reside

Haven’t we got the means to retweet a tainted treble hashtag amongst our reputably largest fan base, would that be trending if it was?

Unread 04-06-2023, 11:44 PM
tatty

City fans aren’t going to care about oil money driving their success, why would they?

Oil money is football now, they are competing against other major oil clubs and possibly Real Madrid.

All other clubs are inconsequential also-rans, and that includes us at the moment.
Closed Thread