United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2022, 10:12 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Just buy him. He’s dragged England to a Euro final and West Ham to. European semi already. He makes teams better, anyone else will be a disappointment.
Far too expensive. I like him, but £100m + is too much and we have too many pressing issues elsewhere.

He’ll go to Chelsea.

Unread 14-04-2022, 10:16 PM
Sparky***

Absolutely ran the game tonight.

City need a replacement for Fernandinho. He’ll end up there probably

Unread 14-04-2022, 10:19 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Absolutely ran the game tonight.

City need a replacement for Fernandinho. He’ll end up there probably
Agree. Rice and Haaland for them this Summer

Unread 14-04-2022, 10:28 PM
armchair

It's actually frightening that he'd improve any side in the world. And he's getting better.

Unread 14-04-2022, 10:47 PM
silv

The sad thing is we have zero chance of getting him as well

MUFC

Unread 14-04-2022, 11:14 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Far too expensive. I like him, but £100m + is too much and we have too many pressing issues elsewhere.

He’ll go to Chelsea.
Our most obvious pressing issue is centre mid and has been for years. Signing him would fix a lot of the defensive issues. Any two of Varane, Maguire and Lindelof behind him would be far superior to what we’ve seen this season.

Rice a RB and a youngish striker should be possible for 200m. Flog Henderson, Martial and AWB and release Pogba to make space.

Likely he tells us to £#%&! off tho when West Ham are in the Champs League next season tho.

Unread 14-04-2022, 11:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Our most obvious pressing issue is centre mid and has been for years. Signing him would fix a lot of the defensive issues. Any two of Varane, Maguire and Lindelof behind him would be far superior to what we’ve seen this season.

Rice a RB and a youngish striker should be possible for 200m. Flog Henderson, Martial and AWB and release Pogba to make space.

Likely he tells us to £#%&! off tho when West Ham are in the Champs League next season tho.
Agree that it is our biggest issue, but I can’t see is spending that much on anyone one player. We won’t spend £200m. I reckon it’ll be nearer £100-£150m and most of that would go on Rice.

We need 4-5 players this summer. Rice is the kinda player you get when you need him and more or less only him.

I’ll be very surprised if we sell AWB and I reckon Martial and Henderson will be here next season.

Unread 15-04-2022, 01:10 PM
Denis Irwell

Should’ve pushed it when they were getting giddy over the goblin.

Ship has sailed.

Top class, that lad. (Not the goblin)

Unread 15-04-2022, 01:13 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Should’ve pushed it when they were getting giddy over the goblin.

Ship has sailed.

Top class, that lad. (Not the goblin)
Remember a certain someone laughing at me on here a few years back when I said he’d be the best defensive midfielder in England within 5 years and that he was exactly what we needed.

Who’s laughing now?

Not us, sadly.

Unread 16-04-2022, 09:03 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Remember a certain someone laughing at me on here a few years back when I said he’d be the best defensive midfielder in England within 5 years and that he was exactly what we needed.

Who’s laughing now?

Not us, sadly.
Akkers was laughing as recently as January.

Unread 16-04-2022, 09:27 AM
AK14

Still am pal

Unread 16-04-2022, 09:39 AM
Pop

Can't be trusted. Would sign for Utd and line up for City the following week.

Unread 16-04-2022, 12:17 PM
Alex Jones was Right

We can sign better for a lower fee and wages. Tchouameni and Laimer, for example, look like they’d transform our midfield. Could probably get both for 100m, likely 80m. Combined wage probably same as what these clowns would pay rice.

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
We can sign better for a lower fee and wages. Tchouameni and Laimer, for example, look like they’d transform our midfield. Could probably get both for 100m, likely 80m. Combined wage probably same as what these clowns would pay rice.
This.

Knowing us, we’d drop £150m on Rice, he’d do his knee and never be the same player again.

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:34 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Can't be trusted. Would sign for Utd and line up for City the following week.
Wouldn't be the first promising defensive midfielder that has done similar to us.

Unread 16-04-2022, 01:47 PM
Dr Stranger

£100m players are the icing on the cake or when you’re genuinely 1 or 2 signings from being a top side.

We’re not. No one player is transforming us because there are too many areas that need addressing.

. 5 players minimum will be leaving. We need about 10 players through the whole of the side over the next 3 or 4 windows. and that’s before we even take into account that ETH might have his own issues with areas where people don’t consider it an issue (GK, LB, ATTACKING MID). I think his style and demands are going to expose the squad and present more issues that perhaps we didn’t know we had.

We need 4 signings this summer, minimum. We’ll have a budget of about £150m and it would be dangerous to assume we’ll get much at all from sales £20-30m, I reckon.. Rice will be £100m+ plus, and he’d take all summer to get. We’d have nothing left for anywhere else and no time to get it done.

We need to change how we go about transfers the profile of player we get. We need to stop shopping exclusively in The premier league for players that clubs don’t want to sell. This is why we end up massively Overpaying for average players like Maguire and Awb and it takes all summer,

Rice would be a great signing, but we have to consider where we are and what we need right now.

Unread 16-04-2022, 02:15 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Absolutely this. Our "marquee" megabucks signings have failed spectacularly for the last 9 years.
Signing Rice would make a huge dent in the budget and we'd end up scrambling around for bargains in other important areas.

Unread 16-04-2022, 07:15 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Quote:
Yep.

Unread 16-04-2022, 07:29 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Wouldn't be the first promising defensive midfielder that has done similar to us.

Federer had him clocked far what he was

Unread 16-04-2022, 07:45 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Don’t think he turned out the player he was all hyped up to be. I think he still plays somewhere

Edit. He last played for a domestic team in Kuwait aged 34 in November 2021.. worth a punt?
Closed Thread