United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Maybe but Carlos has a year left on his loan deal? Surely the better bit of business would be to sign the 23 year old argie and a 27 year old sulker?
Who says we aren't gonna sign both?

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:19 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

7 or 9 would do me !
Give Rooney the number 7 shirt (regardless of Ronaldo staying or not), Tevez can have 10 and Berbatov number 9

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:23 AM
dunk

I'm hoping Spurs demand £35m, United £#%&! them off and go and sign Huntelaar instead.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Jack Duckworth

he should be a very good signing for us, but there's a nagging doubt in the back of my mind that he'll turn out to be a disaster.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm hoping Spurs demand £35m, United £#%&! them off and go and sign Huntelaar instead.
I'd be happy with Berbatov or The Hunter personally. comp[letely different to eachother buteither would add summat different to the squad and I think would score plenty for us.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
he should be a very good signing for us, but there's a nagging doubt in the back of my mind that he'll turn out to be a disaster.
I don't see that, he's a good finishers and great in the air so he'll definitely score goals as a minimum.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:31 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Maybe but Carlos has a year left on his loan deal? Surely the better bit of business would be to sign the 23 year old argie and a 27 year old sulker?
It's getting tiresome that tag tbh. It's pretty obvious and likely he's gonna be very happy at United and clearly wants to join us.

Remember, people we not happy with the Rooney signing FFS. Same with Carrick.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:34 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Berbatov will be outstanding, his touch and control and OT were brilliant last year. The space he will create for Rooney/Tevez and Ronaldo (if hes here) will means goals galore.
I can't see him being anything but a success.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:36 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Yes, I just really do no tlike Berbatov. He is a great footballer with a magnificent control of a football, but so was Mark Viduka.

He's the wrong age, profile and demeanor for this United side IMO. We may as well have signed Crouch, tbh.

Berbatov is a different class to Crouch. Viduka is about 5 stone heavier and runs as if he has bricks tied to his feet and can only turn on the ball, that's it. Berbatov is all over the place and can run games.

Berbatov has proved himself over here.

I think people are a bit upset we're not spending 700 billion on Benzema tbh.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:42 AM
puressence

berbie

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:44 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Berbatov is a different class to Crouch. Viduka is about 5 stone heavier and runs as if he has bricks tied to his feet and can only turn on the ball, that's it. Berbatov is all over the place and can run games.

Berbatov has proved himself over here.

I think people are a bit upset we're not spending 700 billion on Benzema tbh.
I'd rather we spent less and got Huntelaar than more and got Berbatov.

I'd love Benzema, but that is never, ever, going to happen.

In terms of the type of player Berbatov is, he is a thinner Viduka and a shorter Crouch. Viduka proved himself here time and time again. Crouch is a damn good player treated harshly by a £#%&!wit manager and usurped by one of the finest strikers in the World.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

I do enjoy a good, "we aren't signing the exact player I want so it's gonna be a total disaster" post.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Coracao

Never thought i'd see Crouch compared to Berbatov

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:54 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose
Him and Micah Richards already signed but kept under wraps at OT! Wow, this summer really is turning into a classic innit??!!
who mentioned Micah Richards?

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'm gonna trust Fergie on this one personally, he's got a pretty £#%&!ing good recent record on signings so I doubt this'll turn out bad.
agreed

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
I do enjoy a good, "we aren't signing the exact player I want so it's gonna be a total disaster" post.
Don't get me wrong, I think he'll do well. I just don't like him, never have.

I think it's pretty much how everyone on here would feel if we signed Zlatan.

Unread 14-07-2008, 10:58 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
who mentioned Micah Richards?
cant say

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:05 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I'd rather we spent less and got Huntelaar than more and got Berbatov.

I'd love Benzema, but that is never, ever, going to happen.

In terms of the type of player Berbatov is, he is a thinner Viduka and a shorter Crouch. Viduka proved himself here time and time again. Crouch is a damn good player treated harshly by a £#%&!wit manager and usurped by one of the finest strikers in the World.
Dunk, you usually talk sense but I think this is %@#$&!s.

Berbatov really is a different class to Viduka and Crouch. Come on, Crouch? FFS.

Berbatov was born to play for United, it's the perfect platform for him. He's proved himself against the big teams and not only would he score loads playing for us, he'll be involved in so moves for goals. He'll create a lot of space for Rooney and Tevez.

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Stickman

Cool

I just know for a fact if we sign Tovvers (TM koppas) hell achieve god like status with us and hell be booed to £#%&! by opposition as a result.

Closest thing to cantona currently playing imo.

The swagger hell have in the red shirt...

Unread 14-07-2008, 11:06 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
I stand by what I say...

I prefer these threads to the "The Vermin have signed Jermaine Pennant... he must be good so why haven't we signed him... DOOOM!" type threads.
Closed Thread