Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Mr_Ed

Give me Hargo any day of the week.

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:43 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
MSI want £17million for him. That's the clause in the 18month loan deal. No mention of any of that fee going to the player in wages since that fee takes MSI out the equation.
You're right Phil, the fee certainly won't include any of the platers wages but will include any fees paid to MSI for the loan.

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:43 PM
keano's love

Appreciate a good footballer when you see one. ( he is a very honest too )

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
£17 million over 5 years would just about pay his wages so it's obviously drivel.

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Appreciate a good footballer when you see one. ( he is a very honest too )
Do you not understand the rivalry between us and the vermin?

We don't want him as he is a Liverpool player.

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
You're right Phil, the fee certainly won't include any of the platers wages but will include any fees paid to MSI for the loan.
I suspect Utd are in a similar position re Tevez. £10million over two years and then a clause in the agreement to sign the lad outright for a fee circa £10million. So I understand.

In the end, MSI get what they wanted in the Summer. A fee in the region of £20million.

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Torres is £#%&! then?
No, but he had been shit in Spain for so long, no big clubs wanted to take the chance, however, Liverpool, being the Nouveau Riche (or so they thought) at the time, were desperate to spend big and did.

He will be back in Spain within 3 years.

Unread 29-01-2008, 04:54 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I suspect Utd are in a similar position re Tevez. £10million over two years and then a clause in the agreement to sign the lad outright for a fee circa £10million. So I understand.

In the end, MSI get what they wanted in the Summer. A fee in the region of £20million.
Dead right, any deal with the player (his wages) is over and above that figure as the player is only contracted to the club for the length of the loan deal.

If he signs on a perminent basis then a new contract between the player & club would be needed although certain terms may be agreed at the time of the loan deal thus safeguarding player & club.

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:11 PM
dodger

Very limited player

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:39 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Very limited player
Can do everything Hargreaves can do and to a much better quality. He's also a much better passer than the Canadian.

And most importantly, this guy can actually stay fit for the majority of the season unlike sicknote.

Seriously deluded comparison, just makes United fans look bitter.

It's got £#%&! all to do with nationality or name, Mascherano is quite simply much better and isn't as injury prone.

And to the mong who said why aren't a big club signing him? Well because hes obviously given his word to Liverpool and signing for them permanently is his first choice. If that doesnt happen then believe you me Barca, Milan, Madrid and co will be all in for him. He would walk into any midfield in Europe tbh.

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:43 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Can do everything Hargreaves can do and to a much better quality. He's also a much better passer than the Canadian.

And most importantly, this guy can actually stay fit for the majority of the season unlike sicknote.

It's got £#%&! all to do with nationality or name, Mascherano is quite simply much better and isn't as injury prone.

And to the mong who said why aren't a big club signing him? Well because hes obviously given his word to Liverpool and signing for them permanently is his first choice. If that doesnt happen then believe you me Barca, Milan, Madrid and co will be all in for him. He would walk into any midfield in Europe tbh.
His passing is terrible, that's where he's so limited.
As for the comparison to Hargreaves...well I don't know. My jury is still out. That doesn't make Mascherano any good though.

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Ed Sullivan

Read the thread again

Only you and sharath want him. The rest don't.

End of thread.

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Hargreaves is actually a very good passer, obviously not on the level of our other 3 top class midfielder but definitely better than Mascherano. Mascherano is better positionally and thats about it.

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:45 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Read the thread again

Only you and sharath want him. The rest don't.

End of thread.
The rest are deluded, ask people who actually watch football, ask a £#%&!ing neutral. Mascherano is a much better player than Hargreaves. It's as simple as that. Its the only position where they're better off than us, deal with it.

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:47 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
His passing is terrible, that's where he's so limited.
As for the comparison to Hargreaves...well I don't know. My jury is still out. That doesn't make Mascherano any good though.
His passing is quite good actually, for a player with his job. He wins the ball and distributes it well. He's the perfect holding midfielder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Hargreaves is actually a very good passer, obviously not on the level of our other 3 top class midfielder but definitely better than Mascherano. Mascherano is better positionally and thats about it.
Hargreaves is a £#%&!ing horrible passer.

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
His passing is quite good actually, for a player with his job. He wins the ball and distributes it well. He's the perfect holding midfielder.

Hargreaves is a £#%&!ing horrible passer.

If Hargreaves is a £#%&!ing horrible passer than Mascherano must be a total £#%&!ing gash passer.
Compare their abilites

Positioning - Mascherano
Passing - Hargreaves
Pace - Hargreaves
Tackling - I would say equal
Getting foward - Hargreaves
Hair - Hargreaves
General sexyness - Hargreaves

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:58 PM
legendary saf

Bullshit.

No point arguing this. Absolutely no way a Liverpool player will get credit on this site which is understandable but I would have thought the gulf in class between Hargreaves and Maecherano would have been obvious. Guess some people letting their hearts rule their heads.

Tell you what, ask the current managers in the last 16 who they'd take between Mascherano and Hargreaves. It would probably be comfortable win for Masch. These people know their football, unlike some of the mongs on here.

Unread 29-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Bullshit.

No point arguing this. Absolutely no way a Liverpool player will get credit on this site which is understandable but I would have thought the gulf in class between Hargreaves and Maecherano would have been obvious. Guess some people letting their hearts rule their heads.

Tell you what, ask the current managers in the last 16 who they'd take between Mascherano and Hargreaves. It would probably be comfortable win for Masch. These people know their football, unlike some of the mongs on here.
You can't handle it when no one likes the players you do can you?

Unread 29-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Bullshit.

I see many people giving credit to Torres on here, stop trying to make a point with complete bullshit.

Unread 29-01-2008, 06:02 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I see many people giving credit to Torres on here, stop trying to make a point with complete bullshit.
That's because he's more of a clutch player that wins games.

Anyway, back in 2006 I thought both were heading to United that summer.
Closed Thread