Unread 21-07-2022, 04:07 PM
wiganste

Should be saving it tbf.

Unread 21-07-2022, 04:34 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Should be saving it tbf.
This. I don't know why they don't have pot shots from outside the box the whole match, women keepers can't save any long range efforts. No anticipation, poor spring and short arms.

Unread 21-07-2022, 04:37 PM
NedKelly

The lionesses showing the boys how it’s done

No change there, am I right guys? Lmao

Unread 21-07-2022, 06:04 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Good strike tbf
it was
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Should be saving it tbf.
yes she should
seemed to be a bit of a twitter kerfuffle with people saying that, or that any half decent bloke keeper would save it, would have given Barthez problems though, nqat.

The quality is getting better though, super goal from Russo in the earlier round. Disapointed with the lack of aesthetic quality in the Spanish team. There should be a channel doing bloke friendly commentary where such things can be discussed.

Unread 21-07-2022, 08:09 PM
tatty

Enjoying Ger vs Aus...it's almost like watching the men.

Unread 21-07-2022, 08:33 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Enjoying Ger vs Aus...it's almost like watching the men.
Enjoying it enough to make a thread...?

Unread 21-07-2022, 08:50 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Enjoying it enough to make a thread...?
Nein threads.

Unread 21-07-2022, 09:50 PM
andyroo

That goal

Unread 28-07-2022, 05:45 PM
Pop

Unread 28-07-2022, 05:52 PM
windy waffles

An insult to one of the original magnificent bastards.

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:14 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Ffs

Unread 28-07-2022, 06:38 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Fair play to the women for giving it a go and playing the game but the media have really £#%&!ed this up, Rooney and Maldini comparisons are turning it into a laughing stock

I've watched a couple of games and tbh they should be playing 7 aside on small pitches

On a serious note, there is an argument for that. They have the skills and no doubt some great 'soccer' players among them, but women are just too small physically to play the same game on the same terms

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:04 AM
Pop

This girl is something else. Maldini, Moore, tomorrow it'll be Beckenbauer.

Utd really should be looking to partner her beside that new Argentinian midget. She could be a new Stam.

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:07 AM
windy waffles

They're moaning this morning that the women are only going to pocket £55k each whilst, if the men won it last year, they would have won £450k each...

Quote:
Women in Sport condemned the bonus gap yesterday, saying: “Why shouldn’t we ask for equal prize money and pay? We are already seeing this across tennis and cricket.

“This expresses and demonstrates the value that these teams bring to sport.

“Increased investment is vital across every level of women’s sport.

“For girls to realise their aspirations they need a place to do this on their doorsteps.

“This should be the legacy of the Euros.”

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:12 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Fair play to the women for giving it a go and playing the game but the media have really £#%&!ed this up, Rooney and Maldini comparisons are turning it into a laughing stock

I've watched a couple of games and tbh they should be playing 7 aside on small pitches

On a serious note, there is an argument for that. They have the skills and no doubt some great 'soccer' players among them, but women are just too small physically to play the same game on the same terms
I’ve been saying this for ages and everyone who watches football agrees with me, everyone who doesn’t watch it thinks I’m being sexist. It’s not sexist to acknowledge the goals dwarf the women ffs

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:15 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I’ve been saying this for ages and everyone who watches football agrees with me, everyone who doesn’t watch it thinks I’m being sexist. It’s not sexist to acknowledge the goals dwarf the women ffs
Just sizeist you Tory gammon brexit DINOSAUR

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:18 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
They're moaning this morning that the women are only going to pocket £55k each whilst, if the men won it last year, they would have won £450k each...

It’s been said a million times. They don’t make the same money the mens do

If it was anything close then there’s a serious point and discussion to have. I don’t know why basic economics and logic get thrown out the window .

Probably media sensationalism, but it really does filter down to people who actually think there’s a case in point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Tbf it has improved a lot . Atleast the 25 mins I watched against Sweden against a game I watched a decade ago.

It’s the constant push from the media and personalities within to make it seem like it’s this great game and bigger than it is , is what gets tiresome.

You can’t even have an honest discussion, if you don’t agree with points , you’ll be accused of sexism.

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:23 AM
Pop

Euros? I thought it was the World Cup? Was wondering where that awful mouthy purple haired American @#%&! was tbh.

£#%&!ing tripe.

Unread 29-07-2022, 08:57 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

Just tuned in the cricket and noticed the boundaries are closer than the mens. You might be onto something here

Unread 29-07-2022, 09:01 PM
Finport Red

Honestly don’t care one bit.
Closed Thread