United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:19 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yes, I do think Mourinho prefers the underdog role and it didn't sit well with a few at Madrid.

He's just also, for all his meticulous planning, just more volatile and emotional. Remember Fergie after Rafa's facts rant? Just washed his hands of it and left it alone. Job done. No need to keep going. Mourinho would have started insulting Benitez's wife

That Gerrard quote

Quote:
"When I met up with England all the Manchester United players told me Fergie was just laughing at Rafa, saying: 'I've got him. I've got him.'"

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:57 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
The ending.

Does look pretty intimidating tbf.

Unread 23-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Need to spread rep etc..

Unread 23-09-2016, 03:48 PM
red in cumbria

Some of you talk of his time at Madrid as if it was a carbon copy of Gollum's here

He didn't exactly do badly, even less so compared to certain other recent holders of that poisoned chalice.

Unread 23-09-2016, 03:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Some of you talk of his time at Madrid as if it was a carbon copy of Gollum's here

He didn't exactly do badly, even less so compared to certain other recent holders of that poisoned chalice.
It wasn't that he did badly, more the toll it took on him and his personality.

Unread 23-09-2016, 03:51 PM
silv

pseudo experts again taking pleasure in the 'demise' of Mourinho.

Unread 23-09-2016, 03:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Basically, he's a bit of a bitch
Yes most people's strengths turn out to be their biggest weaknesses also. With Fergie his single minded and ridiculous stubborness was a blessing when it came to shifting dead wood in the squad but when it came to doing battle with horse owners...

Unread 23-09-2016, 04:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That Gerrard quote
17:53

He's loving it

Unread 25-09-2016, 07:03 PM
TheFatGoth

http://www.marca.com/en/football/rea...46d8b459d.html

Unread 25-09-2016, 07:10 PM
20 times

Never heard of the @#%&!

£#%&! him

Unread 25-09-2016, 07:13 PM
BobJones

We keep hearing how everything is a shambles at Madrid yet they've got 2 European cups in 3 years.

Unread 25-09-2016, 08:55 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

love that guy

Unread 25-09-2016, 11:05 PM
utd99

Micky two-mates.

Unread 26-09-2016, 07:23 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
£#%&!ing hell Tyson Fury has let himself go, vs2c

Unread 14-10-2016, 01:04 PM
TheFatGoth

Mediawatch have been publishing some excerpts

Quote:
Jose said he loved the idea of a night out with us and told us he wanted to come along too, so I rang Moonshadows and changed the reservation from two to three. Jose didn’t make it… It was a shame really because he missed a great night. Demi Moore and Sarah Jessica Parker were there. Well, two astonishing lookalikes anyway. We shared a pot of green tea with them and lots of laughs and Demi even gave us a lift back from Malibu to Santa Monica in her silver Mercedes. Nothing untowards, all good clean, honest and platonic fun and the sort of evening Mourinho would have thoroughly enjoyed. Great food, great views, great company.

Quote:
I swept in to steal him [Mourinho] away. On the TV news that night there were shots of me linking arms with him and walking alongside and into the Chelsea Harbour Hotel as it was then. I was trying to steer him away from the gathering crowds and into a room where I could have him all to myself. I must admit the footage looked a bit odd, a bromance-type image of two blokes arm-in-arm, but I didn’t care. My mission had been to get Jose out of the crowd and on his own, so I wasn’t going to let him go!

Quote:
Lampard jetted off with England to the World Cup in Brazil that summer. The great and the good of football, and quite a few of the evil and corrupt in the game, were also attending the greatest show on earth. Not Jose. He was heading to Africa to tackle the greatest scandal: 842 million starving people around the planet. The Chelsea boss was swapping the touchline for the front line in the fight to eradicate hunger around the globe.
Quote:
My attention was drawn to events down the corridor. There, lying face down and stretched out on the floor was Jose Mourinho. Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro was attending to him along with Chelsea’s player liaison officer Gary Staker. Now I understood why [Jose] Morais had tried to block my path and stop me turning the corner. He didn’t want me to witness what was going on with his boss. Once I’d seen the situation he had absolutely no chance of stopping me. I immediately strode down towards the prostrate Chelsea manager and called out, ‘Wow, what a great story this is!

Unread 14-10-2016, 02:16 PM
Ethers

What a £#%&!ing helmet.

Unread 14-10-2016, 02:39 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
The ending.

Does look pretty intimidating tbf.
Just kiss already.
Closed Thread