United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-09-2013, 12:34 PM
bicyclerepairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Top username. Could you tell me the advantages of a rapid rise rear mech and external bottom bracket as compared to traditional ones?
i'll get back to you, i'll have to consult michael palin on that!

Unread 15-09-2013, 02:50 AM
bicyclerepairman

everyone probably know this already but i've only just seen it.

just read that united offered tottenham close to 150million euros for bale, who ended up signing for real madrid for 100million euros.

carlo ancelotti said: "I know that tottenham received a higher bid for gareth bale than the one from real madrid."

the REAL biggest club in the world had more pulling power. mind you, bale has said his favourite team has always been real madrid.

http://www.football.co.uk/manchester...s4405904.shtml

Unread 15-09-2013, 03:00 AM
BioEars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclerepairman

just read that united offered tottenham close to 150million euros for bale, who ended up signing for real madrid for 100million euros.

carlo ancelotti said: "I know that tottenham received a higher bid for gareth bale than the one from real madrid."

the REAL biggest club in the world had more pulling power. mind you, bale has said his favourite team has always been real madrid.

How many have you had?

This type of thread and replies seem strangely familiar.

Unread 15-09-2013, 03:00 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclerepairman

probably nothing like the same wages though. hence this love for madrid that is so deep-rooted it's only manifested itself in the last few weeks.

Unread 15-09-2013, 05:00 AM
Aman27deep

Like United would offer €150m on a single player. Grow up. The truth is our summer spending was 1/5th of even Tottenham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
leave deepers out of this hey pal.
ffs!

Unread 15-09-2013, 05:17 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If Real Madrid were an English club they would have done a Leeds a long time ago. They are essentially bankrolled by the spanish government in one form or another which allows them to spend money without any real consequence. Having said that they are the biggest club in the world and are run by people who are relentless in their pursuit of making the football team successful.

They don't simply want the best players, they feel as Real Madrid they are entitled to them. It's an almighty arrogant attitude but it's what separates them from everyone else and it's why players generally fall over themselves to go there once they show interest.
You keep saying this shit.

Fact is, since the mid-1960s they have won the same amount of European Cups as us.

Their pursuit of players is steeped in vanity and the insanity of their President. No manager ever gets stability at the club. They are a £#%&!ing circus.

Unread 15-09-2013, 05:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Fact is, since the mid-1960s they have won the same amount of European Cups as us.

Their pursuit of players is steeped in vanity and the insanity of their President. No manager ever gets stability at the club. They are a £#%&!ing circus.

spot on but what sparkles said was not shit at all. All of that is true but we have a media obsessed with putting a negative slant on everything United do, whereas they virtually have their own media, the lion's share of TV money, banks and governments behind them - imagine the hysteria if we enjoyed any of that. Look at the S American tournament fiasco in order to curry favour for England's world cup bid and we get crucified by the @#%&!s for our trouble but that's going off topic. Any tentative enquiry United make of a player but don't follow up is broadcast as a failure to sign the player ffs. It's all a bit of a playground argument but it's ridiculous to pour scorn on the idea that United are the biggest club in the world and on our own merits. It's only recently that S American players have come onto the scene here and they will naturally favour Latin countries. They speak the same language which is a bit of an advantage for a player with little or no education, yet it has to be contrived that no £#%&!er wants to play for us.

Oh, and Barca never won a European Cup until the 90s.

Unread 15-09-2013, 07:01 AM
Lok

Madrid are a farce.

They're even bigger under-achievers in Europe then us.

In my mind, Milan are the kings of Europe.

Players sign for Madrid because they're the biggest team that spend huge amounts. If us or Milan paid the same, we'd also sign these big names.

Unread 15-09-2013, 07:33 AM
sub three hours

Stature is the word and without doubt we have huge international stature. We have an importance and a reputation gained by ability, achievement and history. We're definitely up there with the giants of the game.

Unread 15-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Madrid are a farce.

They're even bigger under-achievers in Europe then us.

In my mind, Milan are the kings of Europe.

Players sign for Madrid because they're the biggest team that spend huge amounts. If us or Milan paid the same, we'd also sign these big names.
Even a lot of their success in the early/mid 90s was bankrolled by Berlesconi with the purchase of the Dutch contingent, Papin etc but not on the scale of Madrid's spending tbf. You would have to include Bryan Munchen too I suppose.

Unread 15-09-2013, 08:01 AM
sub three hours

The Scousers have a certain stature in world football too. As much as we might not like it, they have an importance and a reputation gained by success, achievement and history.

Unread 15-09-2013, 08:02 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
The Scousers have a certain stature in world football too. As much as we might not like it, they have an importance and a reputation gained by success, achievement and history.
and murder

Unread 15-09-2013, 08:04 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I agree with that. But they're no longer relevant to players as they're unlikely to win anything and they have no money.

Unread 15-09-2013, 08:06 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I agree with that. But they're no longer relevant to players as they're unlikely to win anything and they have no money.
I agree but when they were dominant, do you reckon players chose them over us?

Unread 15-09-2013, 10:41 AM
Denis Irwell

Not routinely. Although Glen Hyssen chose them over us he proved to be a flop, yet Macari chose us over them. Probably several other instances but no major gulf between the clubs in that regard. They were seen as ultra-professional and successful and we were seen as glamorous and fantastic support but a cup side.

Unread 15-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Not routinely. Although Glen Hyssen chose them over us he proved to be a flop, yet Macari chose us over them. Probably several other instances but no major gulf between the clubs in that regard. They were seen as ultra-professional and successful and we were seen as glamorous and fantastic support but a cup side.
Robson said in his autobiog that he could easily have signed for them... Imagine that

Unread 15-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Robson said in his autobiog that he could easily have signed for them... Imagine that
I suppose you would've though, under the circumstances at the time. He had no connections with United until he signed.

Thank £#%&! for fat Ron eh? Would've been truly bleak without him.

Unread 15-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

You do realise you're not actually disagreeing with anything I said but rather backing up my points?

Unread 15-09-2013, 02:48 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

Off the top of my head I'd say; Dalglish, Lawrenson, Beardsley, Rush (resigning from Juve) Saunders, Collymore and Torres were signings of theirs that I thought £#%&!ing hell, they're big signings.

But as you say we equally signed big names. Again off the top of my head I can remember thinking £#%&! me that's a big signing when we got; Joe Jordan and Gordon McQueen from Leeds. Both Ray Wilkins and Garry Birtles seemed big signings at the time. Bryan Robson was an epic signing as was Gary Pallister. Both the Roy Keane and Andy Cole signings were big too as were Ferdinand and Berbatov.

Unread 15-09-2013, 03:08 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
thats the best gif ever fact ...
Closed Thread