Default Re: Cleverley called up into the England squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
cos theyre shit
"booooooooooooooo"

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:33 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

0826: FOOTBALL - Jordan Henderson tells Liverpool's official website that he aims to emulate Under-21 team-mate Jack Wilshere and cement a place in the full England team this season.

1252: FOOTBALL - Sky Sports News report that Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley will be called up to the England squad for the friendly with the Netherlands on Wednesday.

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
0826: FOOTBALL - Jordan Henderson tells Liverpool's official website that he aims to emulate Under-21 team-mate Jack Wilshere and cement a place in the full England team this season.

1252: FOOTBALL - Sky Sports News report that Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley will be called up to the England squad for the friendly with the Netherlands on Wednesday.

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:42 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver

fwiw, I think Henderson is a very good player. That's all got understandably lost in the ridiculous fee paid for him. Compare this to Freebie Cleverley and it rightly gets a

I actually think England have a very good group of Central Midfielders coming through. Henderson, Wilshere, Rodwell and Cleverley all impress me because they play with their head up, always on the half turn, always on the move and very composed on the ball. It sounds so simple, but so few English midfielders actually do that. We seem to be producing a different kind of CM and drumming these things in to kids at a younger age.

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
fwiw, I think Henderson is a very good player. That's all got understandably lost in the ridiculous fee paid for him. Compare this to Freebie Cleverley and it rightly gets a

I actually think England have a very good group of Central Midfielders coming through. Henderson, Wilshere, Rodwell and Cleverley all impress me because they play with their head up, always on the half turn, always on the move and very composed on the ball. It sounds so simple, but so few English midfielders actually do that. We seem to be producing a different kind of CM and drumming these things in to kids at a younger age.
If you are always on the half turn don't you just end up running in a circle?

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:46 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Or zig zagging up the field. Like me playing legend mode of Pro Evo.

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:48 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Can't believe you're trying to keep cleverley out of the team YHBR

Eeh. That always tickles me.

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:51 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

It could be argued that across the pitch England have a lot of young talent. Rooney, Welbeck and Caroll should provide enough options up front. Johnson looks a great prospect on the wing and Young is capable of playing at that level. Smalling & Jones look great defenders and Hart will be a world class keeper.

They just need bedding in as soon as possible. There's no point continuing with the likes of Rio, Lampard, Gerrard and Terry because they're unlikely to be around for the next World Cup. We should write off the European Championships and bring through the generation together so that they'll have been playing together for 4 years come the World Cup.

Until that sort of foresight is used, we'll continue to plod along never achieving anything.

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Ginners

plenty of talent in defence too, walker looks an outstanding prospect at right back, smalling and jones in the middle

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:54 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It could be argued that across the pitch England have a lot of young talent. Rooney, Welbeck and Caroll should provide enough options up front. Johnson looks a great prospect on the wing and Young is capable of playing at that level. Smalling & Jones look great defenders and Hart will be a world class keeper.

They just need bedding in as soon as possible. There's no point continuing with the likes of Rio, Lampard, Gerrard and Terry because they're unlikely to be around for the next World Cup. We should write off the European Championships and bring through the generation together so that they'll have been playing together for 4 years come the World Cup.

Until that sort of foresight is used, we'll continue to plod along never achieving anything.
well cappello wont be there after the euros so why would he care about englands chances in next world cup? im sure he has a tournament bonus in his contract so he is going to think short term isn't he

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:55 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Fair enough. You know what I mean....I hope......Moving in mysterious circles, one leg shorter than the other, you see.

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
well cappello wont be there after the euros so why would he care about englands chances in next world cup? im sure he has a tournament bonus in his contract so he is going to think short term isn't he
Which again shows a lack of foresight. What's the point in keeping him on when it's known that he's not going to be offered a new contract?

Unread 08-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
If Capello had any balls we'd see:

Hart

Smalling---Jagielka---Lescott---Cole

Johnson---Cleverley---Wilshire---Young

Rooney---Welbeck

Hart

Walker---Jones---Smalling---Baines

Rooney---Welbeck

Few in there who look like they'd actually want to pass it

Unread 08-08-2011, 03:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Hart

Walker---Jones---Smalling---Baines

Rooney---Welbeck

Few in there who look like they'd actually want to pass it

Got better than Hart, Walker and Baines already (). £#%&! Johnson (although, I wanted us to nick him when 'boro went down ).

Let's buy Wilshire
Closed Thread