United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2010, 02:33 PM
The Return of JC

Default Re: Seeing as it's looking increasingly likely we ain't gonna sign anyone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Stop calling me Go on
I only called you that once. Jeez, so touchy.

Unread 16-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: Seeing as it's looking increasingly likely we ain't gonna sign anyone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Cheese, so touchy.
I'd appreciate you not involving me in your lurid fantasies

Unread 16-07-2010, 02:43 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

I think Diouf will score more than 10 goals this season.

Well if everyone else is being optimistic

Unread 16-07-2010, 02:45 PM
thankseric

I'm really looking forward to this season.

Unread 16-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
For the first team?

Unread 16-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Pop

Quote:
Yep. Carling Cup top scorer.

Unread 16-07-2010, 02:53 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Re: Seeing as it's looking increasingly likely we ain't gonna sign anyone.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Yep. Carling Cup top scorer.
Worked for Tevez

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:06 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
For the first team?
Yes, Rooney will suffer a bit if a niggle about the mid point of the season and Doiuf and Berbs will form a strike partnership up front similar to that of Cole and Yorke.

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yes, Rooney will suffer a bit if a niggle about the mid point of the season and Doiuf and Berbs will form a strike partnership up front similar to that of Cole and Yorke.
No Chicarito?

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Pudge_Bear

Our team for the 1st game of the season, IMselection, will be:

-------------VDS---------------

Rafael---Evans--Brown----O'shea

Valencia--Fletcher---Scholes---Nani

-----------Giggs-------------------

--------------Berbatov------------

I've listed that out for no apparent reason, and have no idea whether I'm positive about it or not. If Rio (?), Vidic (?), Evra, Rooney, Park, Anderson (?) and Hargreaves (wum) come back then I think we are fine. 2 issues that cannot be ignored though, if Hargreaves retires and Anderson doesn't do a Nani, we are one central midfielder short. Secondly, our season literally fell to pieces the minute Rooney hobbled off against Munich. We all feared it, and in the space of two games our season was over. I see nothing in the current squad that suggests we could cope if we lost Rooney again in the key moments.

I would like to see the following tbh
1. Swap deal between Vidic and Benzema.
2. Valencia played centrally in a 4-3-3.

Gives us a goal threat without Rooney and an extra central midfielder, crucially without spending a penny.

At our strongest, something like:

--------------------VDS--------------------

Rafael---------Rio-------Evans--------Evra---

-------------Fletcher------Carrick------------

--------------------Valencia-----------------

Nani-----------------------------Benzema----

------------------Rooney--------------------

Bench:
Pole
Oshea
Brown
Park
Giggs
Scholes
Berbatov

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up Re: Seeing as it's looking increasingly likely we ain't gonna sign anyone.....

Quote:
Look forward to it

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:28 PM
armchair

We've been running on empty for a while now.

I'm hoping Berb's abject failure and humiliation may liberate him for the coming season too.

I think we may make a signing or two but I doubt it'll be because we've aggressively gone after a player and more likely because we've sold someone. Certainly not the level of activity we've grown accustomed to.

Good shot of the title. Semifinals or further in the cl. Probably a cup. Can't argue with that.

In Fergie we trust

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:28 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
Our team for the 1st game of the season, IMselection, will be:

-------------VDS---------------

Rafael---Evans--Brown----O'shea

Valencia--Fletcher---Scholes---Nani

-----------Giggs-------------------

--------------Berbatov------------

I've listed that out for no apparent reason, and have no idea whether I'm positive about it or not. If Rio (?), Vidic (?), Evra, Rooney, Park, Anderson (?) and Hargreaves (wum) come back then I think we are fine. 2 issues that cannot be ignored though, if Hargreaves retires and Anderson doesn't do a Nani, we are one central midfielder short. Secondly, our season literally fell to pieces the minute Rooney hobbled off against Munich. We all feared it, and in the space of two games our season was over. I see nothing in the current squad that suggests we could cope if we lost Rooney again in the key moments.

I would like to see the following tbh
1. Swap deal between Vidic and Benzema.
2. Valencia played centrally in a 4-3-3.

Gives us a goal threat without Rooney and an extra central midfielder, crucially without spending a penny.

At our strongest, something like:

--------------------VDS--------------------

Rafael---------Rio-------Evans--------Evra---

-------------Fletcher------Carrick------------

--------------------Valencia-----------------

Nani-----------------------------Benzema----

------------------Rooney--------------------

Bench:
Pole
Oshea
Brown
Park
Giggs
Scholes
Berbatov
That team'd be better if you swapped Nani and Valencia.

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
We've been running on empty for a while now.
True

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Top team for next season :-

VDS

Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Mad Pad

Fletcher
Scholes

Valencia
Nani
Chicarito

Rooney

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
In Fergie we trust

Unread 16-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
at the time of signing Carrick we had a terrific squad and were certain to challenge for the 06/07 title, i thought

the second half of the 05/06 season was top. Ronaldo and Rooney, Saha looking good, confidence returning; we won the league cup and very nearly took the title race right to the wire - still believe we would've nicked it but for that sunderland keeper...

on the liberation point I reckon much depends on the manager and on the support. will he give the young players the chance they need? and will the support concentrate on getting behind them if he does? another factor will be how our rivals start the campaign, and whether Ferguson is prepared to remain positive in his selections even if every shit team in the league carries on with the 4-5-1 %@#$&!s we've had to put up with of late
We should bring back the Giggs/O'Shea midfield axis.

The doom on here is cringeworthy tbh, even some of more sensible posters has given into it.

Unread 16-07-2010, 04:15 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I'd appreciate you not involving me in your lurid fantasies
Stop cheesing me!

Unread 16-07-2010, 05:19 PM
rebelcountyred

if as it looks and we are not going to sign anyone then i would like to see some of the kids given the opportunity, pogba, cleverly, eikrem, however I don't see fergie giving these kids a chance other than in the carling cup, i expect we will be wheeling out scholes and giggsy yet again this year in the hope that united can squeeze the last drop of ability from them.
Don't get me wrong, it's not like i don't think that giggs/scholes cannot do a job it's just that they shouldn't be used as often as they are, come on fergie give the kids a chance.

Unread 16-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Luffy

considering we played last season with #@&%!ed versions of anderson, carrick, rio and hargreaves and berbles looked shit, we did well to finish 2nd.

just to emphasise carrick-anderson was the best duo in our european cup year and looked ready to take us forward, then fergie decided he wasn't ready to give up on scholes or fletch and even giggs in the middle so he 'saved' anderson for the future.

well he only went and screwed him up. we've seen with him that he needs to play to get decent. same for nani and berbatov, tevez, forlan, rossi, pique..... the same will apply to hernandez,
Closed Thread