Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Sparky***

Default Re: Rio charged with Violent Conduct by FA

Well I for one, am shocked.

Unread 26-01-2010, 03:43 PM
dodger

I must confess I've not seen it, does he have a case to answer?

Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Any gifs of this? some clown at work still hasn't seen it.

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Me too. I'm amazed the FA managed to squeeze it into their packed list of players from a wide range of clubs who need to be retroactively disciplined.

Unread 26-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Redordead

I dont think we are victimised at all. All the top four clubs fans go on about how they are singled out etc - I would say the big four get more home decisions than the other clubs. Now we have had a few 50:50 s go against but that is football.

Regardless of Gallas - Rio was wrong and should get punished -

Unread 26-01-2010, 03:51 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Me too.
I thought the FA might overlook it like they do so many things that go on in the game

Rio should take a leaf out of 'stinks of piss's book & refuse to go to the World Cup if they ban him.

I'm sick to £#%&!ing death of the FA treating United as a special case..using them as a £#%&!ing 'example' whenever they get a chance.
I thought Rio just swung an arm out in frustration to break free of the @#%&! holding on to him. He had his back to the player for a start.

Bunch of @#%&!s

Unread 26-01-2010, 03:51 PM
pcp

I'd £#%&!ing refute it, from the coverage I've seen there's one blurry camera angle looking at pitch level 60 yards away through a load of other players, need to prove guilt not innocence, he could just say he was trying out a new dance move, up to the FA to prove there was intent, much like the the gallas case, you can't say he was at least trying to play the game, he injured a player through his wreckless challenge, being too slow is not an excuse to stamping on someone IMO.

Unread 26-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Manchester

Am I right in saying that Fagan was holding onto him, and Rio attempted to swat him off? And for that the FA have given him a 3 match ban?

£#%&!ing hell, might as well do Evra again just for the crack.

The FA let Gallas off with that challenge against Bolton last week. Nothing was done about Tevez's challenge on Brown, nor Bellamy's over the ball challenge on Valencia last week. But yeah, ban Rio :shakehead:

Unread 26-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Sparky***

Everyone should know by now that when you play for manchester united you immediately throw yourself open to a level of scrutiny that no other team in this country have to deal with.

You will be held accountable for every slight indiscretion, even if similar instances by other teams are overlooked by the authorities every week.

The FA like to stick the boot into manchester united whenever they can because i'm sure they see us as arrogant and that we think ourseves "bigger than them" in someway.

Unread 26-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Mark Corrigan

I don't think it's deserved at all tbh.

He's shrugged the soft @#%&! off and he's gone down like a bag of shit looking for a penalty

3 match ban?? £#%&! off

Unread 26-01-2010, 04:02 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead
I dont think we are victimised at all. All the top four clubs fans go on about how they are singled out etc - I would say the big four get more home decisions than the other clubs. Now we have had a few 50:50 s go against but that is football.

Really? Was it that bad? And was fagan injured?

Unread 26-01-2010, 04:04 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan

He's shrugged the soft @#%&! off and he's gone down like a bag of shit looking for a penalty

3 match ban?? £#%&! off
Rio was wearing a red shirt unfortunately

Unread 26-01-2010, 04:05 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redordead

We are victimised by the FA without any question whatsoever.
I don't give £#%&! if that sounds 'scouse' or not.
There are plenty of examples of our lads recieving punishment where players commiting similar offences at other clubs have got off scott free.

The famous one in recent years is the one where Rooney & Scholes were sent off in the Amsterdam pre-season tournament. They get back to England to find that those red cards 'count for real' & they're hit with a 3 match ban before the sesaon even £#%&!ing starts - rewind a year earlier & Steven Gerrard & Neil Mellor are sent off in the exact same tournament & they DON'T recieve a domestic ban. How strange

Look at Arsene Wenger. How many times can he get away with accusing opponents of "deliberately trying to injure his players" & slagging off the Ref before he get's the same treatment as Fergie?

The FA can't ignore our 'incidents' because they react solely to what the media agenda of the day is.
Gary Neville WARNED by the FA about his future conduct last week after doing £#%&! all compared to the blue @#%&!s.
Keano getting a ban after his book all those years ago...Since then, how many other players have been banned for writing something in a £#%&!ing book? None. No matter how controversial.

Bunch of £#%&!ing #@&%!s.

Unread 26-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Baron

He span around & cracked Fagan in the back of the head with a raised arm, it's irrefutable.

End of.

Unread 26-01-2010, 04:07 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan

3 match ban?? £#%&! off
Absolutely.
Thought I was the only one who thought that.
They should fight the FA all the way over this. The £#%&!ing scouse loving @#%&!s.

Unread 26-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Albert Tatlock

Wouldn't surprise me if Rio did it on purpose to get a ban.

He knows that if he's fit he's on the plane to SA so why not just dick about for the rest of the season on full pay, have a jolly holiday playing some footie in SA then back to Real / Barca in September

Hope he has a good WC so that we get a good price for the @#%&! !

Sparky***

As soon as I saw the incident i thought "well that's a ban".

You get sent off for just 'intent' these days, so he was never going to get away with clouting the bloke round the head.

The FA usually seize their opportunity to punish us and Ferdinand has basically gift wrapped them a violent conduct charge and put a big bow on the top.

Was it really worth it? At least if he was going to do it, do it properly like Ronaldo did. Break the @#%&!'s nose so he'll be less likely to get within swinging range next time.

Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He span around & cracked Fagan in the back of the head with a raised arm, it's irrefutable.

End of.
Wasn't his head unless my eyes are broke. Looked like he just caught his back when his arm was fully extended, he would have hardly felt it :bi:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Absolutely.
Thought I was the only one who thought that.
They should fight the FA all the way over this. The £#%&!ing scouse loving @#%&!s.
I kind of agree but he's gonna get the ban isnt he? Be interesting to hear what Fergie has to say on it.

Unread 26-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Redordead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Really? Was it that bad? And was fagan injured?
No it wasnt that bad - but there was no ball near, he swung his elbow and if the ref had seen it - straight red.

Course fagan made a meal of it - our players would tables turned. Rio had been out for ages and is a senior professional.

No one defending that can tell me if that was from their centre back on rooney you would be saying how we never get justice penaltys etc.

When fans defend stuff like that it weakens us when (like EVRA ) it is an unfair decision. IMHO.

Unread 26-01-2010, 04:20 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
As soon as I saw the incident i thought "well that's a ban".

You get sent off for just 'intent' these days, so he was never going to get away with clouting the bloke round the head.

The FA usually seize their opportunity to punish us and Ferdinand has basically gift wrapped them a violent conduct charge and put a big bow on the top.

Was it really worth it? At least if he was going to do it, do it properly like Ronaldo did. Break the @#%&!'s nose so he'll be less likely to get within swinging range next time.
We taught him well didn't we?
Closed Thread