United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-11-2009, 03:50 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Default Re: FC on march to Wembley on Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzalsar3
Go on then. I'll give it a try. I might even report back if its any good.

Where can I catch the United game after ?
There's a few decent pubs within 5 minutes of the ground.

Unread 19-11-2009, 04:36 PM
zzalsar3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
There's a few decent pubs within 5 minutes of the ground.
Won't they be rammed to the hilt though ? Their only lickle arent they ? Call me fussy but I do actually wanna be able to see the Everton match - not just a faceful of some FC oik's denim sweat patches after he's been singing daft songs for two hours while I try to catch a peek of a 14 inch portable telly.

Unread 20-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzalsar3
Go on then. I'll give it a try. I might even report back if its any good.

Where can I catch the United game after ?
The Staff of Life is the closest on Manchester Road near the traffic lights, 2/3 minutes walk. The Swan & Cemetry also on Manchester Road is bigger and probably a better atmosphere. At the bottom of Gigg Lane turn left into Manchester Road as if heading back towards Manchester and it's about 300 yards on the right.

A third choice is the Waterloo, turn right onto Manchester Road and it's about the same distance on the right in the direction of Bury town centre.

If you go to Gigg early, you can go in the MRE ( Manchester Road End - behind the right hand goal as you walk up to the ground)) and the bar will be open, probably with a band on. It's free (once through the turnstyle) but you need to get a member to sign you in.

Unread 20-11-2009, 01:17 PM
zzalsar3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badge
The Staff of Life is the closest on Manchester Road near the traffic lights, 2/3 minutes walk. The Swan & Cemetry also on Manchester Road is bigger and probably a better atmosphere. At the bottom of Gigg Lane turn left into Manchester Road as if heading back towards Manchester and it's about 300 yards on the right.

A third choice is the Waterloo, turn right onto Manchester Road and it's about the same distance on the right in the direction of Bury town centre.

If you go to Gigg early, you can go in the MRE ( Manchester Road End - behind the right hand goal as you walk up to the ground)) and the bar will be open, probably with a band on. It's free (once through the turnstyle) but you need to get a member to sign you in.
Ta for info.

Unread 20-11-2009, 01:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Nice lamb chops at that Swan an Cemetary place.

Unread 23-11-2009, 06:44 PM
In 76 now this is true

Once again a victory for football.

Unread 23-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
Once again a victory for football.
Aye, we were shit.

Unread 23-11-2009, 06:51 PM