United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

portuguese lad who comes into our local who is a huge porto fan, is still absolutely baffled that anderson plays where he does for united.

was very much an inside left/number 10 when he played there and he says he was head and shoulders their best player for the two seasons before the move.

Unread 05-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
portuguese lad who comes into our local who is a huge porto fan, is still absolutely baffled that anderson plays where he does for united.

was very much an inside left/number 10 when he played there and he says he was head and shoulders their best player for the two seasons before the move.
He played a total of 22 games for Porto. Tell the lad who comes into your local he's a £#%&!ing gobshite.

Unread 05-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Sparky***

He volunteered to play a game of football?

£#%&! me, that's big of him. He's only paid about £20,000 a week to do it after all.

Unread 05-09-2009, 09:55 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
He played a total of 22 games for Porto. Tell the lad who comes into your local he's a £#%&!ing gobshite.

Unread 05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman
he played a total of 22 games for porto. Tell the lad who comes into your local he's a £#%&!ing gobshite.

Unread 05-09-2009, 10:01 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
And scored twice

Unread 05-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
And scored twice
great goals though

chinese burn for that fella when i see him.

Unread 05-09-2009, 11:32 PM
The Return of JC

I think we're all missing the point here and that is that Berbatov is lazy and we're finishing 4th. At best.

Unread 05-09-2009, 11:48 PM
jem

Default fergie

has spent an awful lot of money on players he doesn't trust.

then he plays £#%&!ing fletch every week.

Unread 05-09-2009, 11:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
has spent an awful lot of money on players he doesn't trust.
I was thinking that myself. Why does he feel the need to completely alter our way of playing the second we come up against a decent team? Berbatov gets dropped, which kind of makes you wonder why exactly we spent £30m on him.

Unread 06-09-2009, 12:53 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I was thinking that myself. Why does he feel the need to completely alter our way of playing the second we come up against a decent team? Berbatov gets dropped, which kind of makes you wonder why exactly we spent £30m on him.
Im more baffled about why fergie thinks we need 6 changes per match.

Unread 06-09-2009, 01:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Im more baffled about why fergie thinks we need 6 changes per match.
Probably to get competitive match fitness for as many of the 1st team squad as possible in the first few weeks of the season.

Unread 06-09-2009, 01:49 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Probably to get competitive match fitness for as many of the 1st team squad as possible in the first few weeks of the season.
Whats pre season for and why havent we kept the same team since west ham may 2008?

Unread 06-09-2009, 01:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Whats pre season for and why havent we kept the same team since west ham may 2008?
The key word in my post was competitive.

As for the rest, injuries, suspension, keeping players fresh, tailoring the team to beat the next opposition. Countless reasons, worked well so far though, tbf.

To think we should have a 'First XI' is a bit naive and rather archaic tbh.

We won't be making 6 changes between each game from this point on.

Unread 06-09-2009, 02:00 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The key word in my post was competitive.

As for the rest, injuries, suspension, keeping players fresh, tailoring the team to beat the next opposition. Countless reasons, worked well so far though, tbf.

To think we should have a 'First XI' is a bit naive and rather archaic tbh.

We won't be making 6 changes between each game from this point on.
Fingers crossed.
Im not looking for a first 11 as such, but just abit of continuity every now and then goes a long way to good football and results

Unread 06-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Sandman

Quote:
The 94 team only played 11 games with each other, why was none of our supporters complaining about rotation then.

Unread 06-09-2009, 02:02 AM
dunk

Quote:
The 94 team only played 11 games with each other, why was none of our supporters complaining about rotation then.
The team that started the '08 CL Final played just 1, tragically (sort of).

Unread 06-09-2009, 02:02 AM
History

Quote:
Was fergie playing 'Midfield bingo' in 94?

Not really complaining just questioning.

Unread 06-09-2009, 02:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Fingers crossed.
Im not looking for a first 11 as such, but just abit of continuity every now and then goes a long way to good football and results
Patience my friend. There are a fair few places being fought for atm as well, there aren't really automatic picks anywhere outside the defence. It'll come in the next few weeks.

Unread 06-09-2009, 02:05 AM
History

The way it looks at the moment if Scholes and fletcher carry on as they are well....
Closed Thread