United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:52 PM
Ginners

whats the problem with darren bent? scored 2/2 for sunderland, had a good goals to game ratio at spurs and scored shitloads for charlton? he scores goals, no he isnt the complete player but neither was andy cole.

i think defoe is better, but bent isnt shit.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
whats the problem with darren bent? scored 2/2 for sunderland, had a good goals to game ratio at spurs and scored shitloads for charlton? he scores goals, no he isnt the complete player but neither was andy cole.
Don't mention Andy cole in the same breath as darren bent, you mong.

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:54 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
indeed.

Darren Bent.

Darren £#%&!ing Bent.

Darren

yes that's right, you heard me

Bent.
Will score goals like Defoe, but on there level.

Then again, either one of them or Owen?

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:57 PM
J_RED

Quote:

i think defoe is better, but bent isnt shit.
18 in 60 is not really great is it

Unread 20-08-2009, 12:59 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Don't mention Andy cole in the same breath as darren bent, you mong.
why? in terms of games played to goals scorerd he's up there.

bent so far

252 appearances 100 goals

1 goal every 2.5 game

cole

499 appearances 229 goals

1 goal every 2.1 game

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:00 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
18 in 60 is not really great is it
or 25 in 79 if you could Europe.

Pete's Shoes

I would like us to sign Tuncay. Captain of Turkey, for whom he has scored 20 goals in 68 games , not a bad return and used to top level football, so no problems adjusting to Champions lg etc. Good work ethic, ask any Boro fan they will tell you that not only was he their best player he also ran his %@#$&!s off a la Tevez. For 6million I think he would represent good business either starting or coming off the bench.

That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
why? in terms of games played to goals scorerd he's up there.

bent so far

252 appearances 100 goals

1 goal every 2.5 game

cole

499 appearances 229 goals

1 goal every 2.1 game
Actually it's 298 appearances and 120 goals.

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
I would like us to sign Tuncay. Captain of Turkey, for whom he has scored 20 goals in 68 games , not a bad return and used to top level football, so no problems adjusting to Champions lg etc. Good work ethic, ask any Boro fan they will tell you that not only was he their best player he also ran his %@#$&!s off a la Tevez. For 6million I think he would represent good business either starting or coming off the bench.
i've been quietly imopressed when i've seen him. midfield has to be priority though. creativity needed, give Van Der Vaart a go. We're ok up front, i trust the young lads, i just hope SAF starts to.

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Actually it's 298 appearances and 120 goals.
i was looking at league only

if we include all games, then his ratio is 1 in 2.48

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
i've been quietly imopressed when i've seen him. midfield has to be priority though. creativity needed, give Van Der Vaart a go. We're ok up front, i trust the young lads, i just hope SAF starts to.
Tuncay would fit in to the system we've had for the last few years, he's very versatile. I just think we may be missing a player to shake things up a bit and think he'd do it. He's hardly a gamble, I reckon he'd become a cult figure with us

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Good shout.

That overhead kick he got as well, tremendous.

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:05 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Owen in his whole career has scored 1 every 2.05

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:06 PM
antonin jablonsky

Up front, as a different option I'd like Macheda and Welbeck to be given a go.

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:06 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
i was looking at league only

if we include all games, then his ratio is 1 in 2.48
Not saying he's a bad player (have both him and Defoe in Dream Team) just feel he is no wherever near the quality we should be looking to invest in.

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:08 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
How Owen is in the squad over Macheda is baffling me, Owen offers nothing to our attacking threat, he's basically there to stick the ball in the net if he gets the chance. He'll score goals alright but we'll struggle with him in the team.

Federico offers more than that, he can drop off, good range of passing and works hard for the team.

I said it all summer long, Owen is £#%&!ing woeful as a footballer plus he aint got the pace required anymore.

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
How Owen is in the squad over Macheda is baffling me, Owen offers nothing to our attacking threat, he's basically there to stick the ball in the net if he gets the chance. He'll score goals alright but we'll struggle with him in the team.

Federico offers more than that, he can drop off, good range of passing and works hard for the team.

I said it all summer long, Owen is £#%&!ing woeful as a footballer plus he aint got the pace required anymore.
I'll reserve judgement on Owen, though I wouldn't have him starting games currently,

Unread 20-08-2009, 01:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Will score goals like Defoe, but on there level.

Then again, either one of them or Owen?
Exactly at their level.

i don't think darren 'do i want to go to hull NO' bent could handle the pressure of playing for a club like us. He went to bits at spurs ffs.

Andy cole scored goals at every level of the game and formed part of probably the greatest striking partnership this club has seen.

Darren £#%&!ing bent.

ffs.

Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Couldn't agree more. Worryingly there is an under20 world cup coming up in which Welbeck may figure. Dunno if Italy are in it but if they are then Macheda could too

Smeggs

IF it does go spectaclarly wrong with Owen (and it is far too early to tell btw) we will probably deserve it for bringing him to the club in the first place.
Closed Thread