United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-05-2009, 10:17 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
What about Gerrard after the Champions League Final against Milan? (The one Milan lost).

"Are you still leaving Liverpool now, Steve?"
"Erm, after a night like this, it would be hard to, but the club haven't shown that they want me". (read as "GIVE ME MORE MONEY NOW OR I £#%&! OFF TO CHELSEA".)
Therein lies the difference between our local lads and that greedy @#%&!.

Unread 28-05-2009, 10:33 PM
koppas

Ryan Giggs said a couple of months ago he wouldn't mind playing for Cardiff after United.

Unread 29-05-2009, 03:07 AM
Sandman

Roy Keane said in his book he was a boyhood Tottenham fan, because his favourite player was Hoddle. So why did every journalist that commented on him leaving United say he went to his boyhood club Celtic

I know it's a bit off topic but it's always confused me. Football journalists don't seem to have a £#%&!ing clue.

Unread 29-05-2009, 05:17 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Roy Keane said in his book he was a boyhood Tottenham fan, because his favourite player was Hoddle. So why did every journalist that commented on him leaving United say he went to his boyhood club Celtic

I know it's a bit off topic but it's always confused me. Football journalists don't seem to have a £#%&!ing clue.

the answer is out there somewhere...

Unread 29-05-2009, 05:22 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Only God knows.
somebody send him a pm

Unread 29-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Tumescent Throb

at least Ronaldo's "statement" the other day means you won't have to put yourselves through all this utter utter %@#$&!s again this summer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...rs/8073139.stm

Quote:
Cristiano Ronaldo is set to throw Manchester United into turmoil and demand a move out of Old Trafford. The 24-year-old forward is a £50m target for Real Madrid.
(Full story: The Sun)

Although Ronaldo will go on holiday before making a decision on his United future.
(Full story: Daily Telegraph)

However the prospect of Ronaldo joining Real Madrid may have receded with the Spanish side opting for the £40m signature of Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery.
(Full story: Independent)

In fact, Real Madrid will reject Ronaldo this summer as club president elect Florentino Perez has targeted Milan forward Kaka and Ribery instead.
(Full story: Daily Express)

Ribery was Chelsea boss-in-waiting Carlo Ancelotti's first-choice summer signing but the Blues have lost out to Real Madrid. Ancelotti may look to CSKA Moscow's Russian left-back Yuri Zhirkov.
(Full story: The Times)

Chelsea have been told they will need to put up £20m for AC Milan midfielder Andrea Pirlo. Milan boss Carlo Ancelotti is keen to take the 30-year-old to Stamford Bridge when he is named Chelsea boss next week.
(Full story: Daily Telegraph)

If Manchester United do not complete the permanent signing of Argentine striker Carlos Tevez this summer they will turn their attentions to Lyon striker Karim Benzema and Wigan's Antonio Valencia.
(Full story: Daily Express)
Closed Thread