United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2009, 08:38 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
You sure about that?
Nope. I just re-checked and have officially seen my arse.

Sorry!

Unread 16-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Nope. I just re-checked and have officially seen my arse.

Sorry!
Credit for admitting it

Unread 16-04-2009, 09:37 PM
user_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by neworderdude
Then again, I'd rather we just retained it tbh

Unread 16-04-2009, 09:53 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

We will @#%&! them. I prefer the first leg at home...if we'd have had that settled defence against Porto and we weren't £#%&!ed from Villa just over 50hrs previous then we'd have won the tie at home. Hopefully Wes will be back playing by then as well

Unread 16-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Zorg

I think it'll be high scoring. I don't rate Arsenal's defence very highly.

3-1 Utd at OT and 2-2 at theirs.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Grimson

They will pose us a lot of problems in attack, with Fabregas back and Adebayor and Walcott finding form. But they're thin at the back at the moment, so we should get loads of chances. They'll rest players for the two games also.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Barracuda

Similar tie to Barca last year IMO, a team who can pass and move very well and very quickly, - and who are much better going forwards than they are defending.

It will boil down to which defence can cope best with the other teams attacking strength - and if we can get our form back to some kind of normality that should be us.

SAF has been saying it will be two great games, attacking etc, etc - I think he will go the total opposite, very tight, again similar tactics to the Barca games.

Not the easiest tie in the world, but all things being equal we should prove too strong over two games.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:29 PM
silv

You just never know against the dirty gunners

They got some quality players. On Paper we should win it. Im hoping Ronaldo is spurred on by his wonder goal and starts producing.

Unread 16-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Stickman

clean sheet at home and we're laughing.

pretty tall order v Arsenal though, we dont do it often...

1-0 at OT would be a fantastic result imo.

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Captain Marvel

would Wenger rest players against the Dippers (after FA Cup semi) so they get beat and therefore Liverpool keep up the pressure on us?

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:45 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel
would Wenger rest players against the Dippers (after FA Cup semi) so they get beat and therefore Liverpool keep up the pressure on us?
yes

Unread 17-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Jack Duckworth

it'll be a tough game as they're in great form at the moment. one thing that does piss me off though is that the media have suddenly forgotten how bad arsenal were for the first part of the season and are now back to their usual %@#$&!s about wenger's great youth policy, flowing football etc. amy lawrence in the observer in particular is as sycophantic towards arsenal as you can get, further ammunition for NWAF.

on the other hand, we do badly for 3 weeks and we're suddenly shit - vidic/vds are overrated, our squad isn't as great as everyone (i.e. the media) was making out etc. now we seemed to have steadied the ship, we're getting nothing more than backhanded compliments. i know i should be used to it, but it really pisses me off.

i think we'll go through over the two legs, but i'd feel alot more comfortable if we went to the emirates without them scoring an away goal.

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:34 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i think we'll go through over the two legs, but i'd feel alot more comfortable if we went to the emirates without them scoring an away goal.

Agreed , A win and a clean sheet at home and i will feel much more at ease for the second leg .

Unread 17-04-2009, 10:41 AM
wiganste

I think they'll be more worried about us than we are of them.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:13 AM
RedMenace

Judging by the amount of "we're not afraid of anyone roars Walcott/Fabregas/Van Persie" type articles that are appearing you might be rght on that one ste.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:22 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Judging by the amount of "we're not afraid of anyone roars Walcott/Fabregas/Van Persie" type articles that are appearing you might be rght on that one ste.
They're hardly gonna say they're shitting themselves, are they?

Beat them at Old Trafford and we'll be ok. Even though we haven't won at the Emirates yest, we have scored every time. The 3 games there have finished 2-1, 2-2 & 2-1.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:27 AM
MUFC One Love

It's weird I haven't thought about it yet, think it's 'cos every game is huge in every competition. I do feel both games will be both teams attacking in each games and plenty of goals, tbh. I fancy us to score a couple of goals at the Emirates.

It's mad to think we're 2 games away from another European Cup final, we've done brilliant in Europe for the past 3 years.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:27 AM
RedMenace

I know, what I meant was they're squeaking a bit too loudly about not being afraid. We could easily have won on our last two visits there. I'd be quite confident of getting goals against them.

Unread 17-04-2009, 11:32 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I know, what I meant was they're squeaking a bit too loudly about not being afraid. We could easily have won on our last two visits there. I'd be quite confident of getting goals against them.
Ah, ok. It was the same at Porto on Wednesday. They talked a good game, they would beat us comfortably and we just went about our business quietly.

The scousers have been at it every day re: the league yet we're keeping it zipped. Just the way I like it.

Unread 17-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Coracao

1 nil at home and i'd be extremely confident of us going through.

We need to make sure we win the home leg this time though.
Closed Thread