United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
They love him at Napoli, he seems to be a madmen to. Hernandes sounds promising too.
You mean Hernanes? he's a top player.

Unread 17-03-2009, 10:46 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
You mean Hernanes? he's a top player.
That's the one.

There's always top talent coming through in S.America, don't know how they do it. On Football Manager I always build my teams around kids from there.

Unread 17-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Grimson

Kids still play the game year-round there, in the streets and alleys, etc. All the clubs in Argentina and Brazil have academies and get the most promising ones in early. River have something like 300 academy players and 50-plus full-time pros on their books.

Fat Ronaldo scored the winner in each of his first two games for Corinthians. Hes still class but he is huge!

Unread 17-03-2009, 11:20 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Kids still play the game year-round there, in the streets and alleys, etc. All the clubs in Argentina and Brazil have academies and get the most promising ones in early. River have something like 300 academy players and 50-plus full-time pros on their books. Fat Ronaldo scored the winner in each of his first two games for Corinthians. Hes still class but he is huge!
Thought he was set to sign for Fenerbache a few months back?

Unread 18-03-2009, 01:15 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Kids still play the game year-round there, in the streets and alleys, etc. All the clubs in Argentina and Brazil have academies and get the most promising ones in early. River have something like 300 academy players and 50-plus full-time pros on their books.

Fat Ronaldo scored the winner in each of his first two games for Corinthians. Hes still class but he is huge!
Different culture I suppose. Technically they are superior really. It's a bit obvious but I think a major problem in England is kids are playing 11 aside games on big pitches from a very early age. They should £#%&! that off and get them in 5 aside leagues on small pitches.

Unread 18-03-2009, 02:32 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Thought he was set to sign for Fenerbache a few months back?
Well it would be difficult for circumstances to conspire in such a way to make it any more clear that he did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Different culture I suppose. Technically they are superior really. It's a bit obvious but I think a major problem in England is kids are playing 11 aside games on big pitches from a very early age. They should £#%&! that off and get them in 5 aside leagues on small pitches.
I agree. Trevor Brooking wrote a very good article about this a few years ago, and he's in the position to do something about it. But it's so ingrained into the infrastructure of the game that any change is going to come very slowly.

Unread 18-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Well it would be difficult for circumstances to conspire in such a way to make it any more clear that he did not.
Sorry Koppas, but
Closed Thread