United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Papadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
If we sell him we sell him.

We managed after selling far more important players than Ronaldo.
Like who

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:46 PM
borsuk

Default s/side is right

ronnie will stay at united if (a) we guarantee success (b) we look after him right and (c) real do not turn it around big time. Both (a) and (b) are quite likely, i'd say.

As for (c), i can't see real getting back into any kind of shape - in fact, i can quite easily see a liverpool-esque future for them as barca, sevilla and, possibly, valencia/villarreal/athletico/some other surprise team become top dogs for the next few years. they're now reaping what they sowed with the galacticos policy - a terrible squad, little sign of youth coming through and deep-seated problems masked for a while by big-name signings motivated more by shirt sales than talent. where real bought robinho, barca bought messi; where real got beckham, diarra and ruud, barca got ronaldinho, deco and eto'o. the difference in quality is only going to become more apparent.

it's such a terrible shame

we shouldn't laugh

koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc
Like who
Apart from Eric in 1995/96 season, I struggle to think of a season where one player has been so important and made such a difference.

Rossi the Red

Since when do we ever sell our best young players!? He'll be here for another 5 years. No questions o'that!

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:47 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Since when do we ever sell our best young players!? He'll be here for another 5 years. No questions o'that!
If you think he will be here for 5 years, you need to have your head examined.

Unread 29-01-2007, 01:49 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
If you think he will be here for 5 years, you need to have your head examined.
Why? if we're successfull, which i think we will be, the only other club to go to would be Barcalona. If we win nothing this year or the next, then questions might be asked.

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
ronnie will stay at united if (a) we guarantee success (b) we look after him right and (c) real do not turn it around big time. Both (a) and (b) are quite likely, i'd say.

As for (c), i can't see real getting back into any kind of shape - in fact, i can quite easily see a liverpool-esque future for them as barca, sevilla and, possibly, valencia/villarreal/athletico/some other surprise team become top dogs for the next few years. they're now reaping what they sowed with the galacticos policy - a terrible squad, little sign of youth coming through and deep-seated problems masked for a while by big-name signings motivated more by shirt sales than talent. where real bought robinho, barca bought messi; where real got beckham, diarra and ruud, barca got ronaldinho, deco and eto'o. the difference in quality is only going to become more apparent.

it's such a terrible shame

we shouldn't laugh

Exactly. I think the importance of it all falling apart all over again under Capello should not be underestimated. They got in a new president, Calderon, who promised Kaka, Robben and Fabregas but delivered Emerson, Reyes and Diarra instead.

That was a bad start, but his main attraction was Capello - the man who would come back to the club where he won the title and change things around. Capello was supposed to be a new era, with a new attitude and a different strategy towards transfers with him making the decisions.

Six months later and the president has continued to make a complete prat of himself, and is now disliked by the playing squad, Capello has problems with half the players, the fans dislike Capello's style of play and he is getting sick of the fans, and the club are buying players over his head already. Not to mention they keep losing to average sides.

The players are lazy and unmotivated, the board clueless and the manager hated by the fans, press and players.

Real's answer? "Well we're going to get Kaka in the summer."

They have learned nothing.

If we win the league I can't see Ronaldo wanting to swap United for that lot. It may have been different when United were also in a mess, but we're a much brighter proposition than Madrid these days.

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:08 PM
koppas

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Exactly. I think the importance of it all falling apart all over again under Capello should not be underestimated. They got in a new president, Calderon, who promised Kaka, Robben and Fabregas but delivered Emerson, Reyes and Diarra instead.

That was a bad start, but his main attraction was Capello - the man who would come back to the club where he won the title and change things around. Capello was supposed to be a new era, with a new attitude and a different strategy towards transfers with him making the decisions.

Six months later and the president has continued to make a complete prat of himself, and is now disliked by the playing squad, Capello has problems with half the players, the fans dislike Capello's style of play and he is getting sick of the fans, and the club are buying players over his head already. Not to mention they keep losing to average sides.

The players are lazy and unmotivated, the board clueless and the manager hated by the fans, press and players.

Real's answer? "Well we're going to get Kaka in the summer."

They have learned nothing.

If we win the league I can't see Ronaldo wanting to swap United for that lot. It may have been different when United were also in a mess, but we're a much brighter proposition than Madrid these days.
Top post there lad.

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:13 PM
jem

Default ronaldo will leave in the summer

or next summer. or the one after. or maybe the one after that. I can't sleep at night.

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:16 PM
violater

ronaldo needs to be offered a new contract imo.
a contract right about nwo to tie him to the club for a while.

i think the club dropped a %@#$&! whn they tied up rooney new 100k a week deal without doing ronaldos.

if real offer ronaldo a £100,000 a week deal i have a bad feeling he will go.

on the otherhand i think he now likes it here(after ruud has been £#%&!ed off)

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:48 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papadoc
Like who
Cantona,Keane,Robson,Hughes,Irwin,Ruud etc etc

Id take any of them in their prime over Ronaldo.

No player is or ever will be bigger than the club so if he wants to leave let him leave as long as we get a tidy sum.

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:49 PM
legendary saf

United without Ronaldo = dead.

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooom

ps your avatar is gay

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:51 PM
violater

Quote:
Cantona,Keane,Robson,Hughes,Irwin,Ruud etc etc

Id take any of them in their prime over Ronaldo.

No player is or ever will be bigger than the club so if he wants to leave let him leave as long as we get a tidy sum.
ruud and keane were not as important in the team when they were sold as ronaldo is now...

ronaldo is probably our best player at the club or joint 1st.

ruud and keane were holding the club back when we got rid of them both.

so its not the same circumstances.

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:52 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Dooooooooooooooooooooooooom

ps your avatar is gay
Ah you're the #@&%! in the other thread who thinks our squad is good enough.

Just wait till the inevitable injuries to Giggs, Scholes and Carrick hit us.

You will be regretting your words. You will be thinking to yourself, "legendary saf was right".

I hate Hargreaves and I dont rate him but id definetly take him this January rather than nothing. O'Shea and Fletcher i can't trust at all.

Unread 29-01-2007, 04:57 PM
koppas

Quote:
We haven't had a spell this season without him - would be interesting to see how we would be doing if he had a period out.

SAF could have a point. Don't think DEAD is the correct word to use though.

Unread 29-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Ah you're the #@&%! in the other thread who thinks our squad is good enough.

Just wait till the inevitable injuries to Giggs, Scholes and Carrick hit us.

You will be regretting your words. You will be thinking to yourself, "legendary saf was right".

I hate Hargreaves and I dont rate him but id definetly take him this January rather than nothing. O'Shea and Fletcher i can't trust at all.
In the words of a great man "£#%&! off and support Chelsea"

Unread 29-01-2007, 10:24 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
I am genuinely worried that Ronaldo will leave in the summer

I just have a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach.

From the person that was posting links to the "I hate Ronaldo.com" site two minutes after Rooney was sent off in Germany and couldn't wait to see the back of him

Another goldfish special

Unread 29-01-2007, 10:38 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
From the person that was posting links to the "I hate Ronaldo.com" site two minutes after Rooney was sent off in Germany and couldn't wait to see the back of him

Another goldfish special
To be fair to him, they all were.

Only a minority backed Ronaldo. Some of the stuff posted on RI that day was a disgrace.

Unread 29-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Riverside

Think how many John O'Sheas we could buy for £35 million or so.
Closed Thread