United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-11-2008, 02:55 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I don't think he was awful. That little 1-2 on the right wing was class. He wasn't particularly worse than anyone else tbh. Which isnt saying much.

But I know we're not signing him. He obviously knows it too. It's sad. We'll get over it though.
yep he certainly knows it so I can't blame him for not bursting his arse like he did in every game last year because I think we should have signed him...but it's not happening and just hope Berbie is fit for next week

Unread 23-11-2008, 08:41 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
yep he certainly knows it so I can't blame him for not bursting his arse like he did in every game last year because I think we should have signed him...but it's not happening and just hope Berbie is fit for next week
we should have tevez this summer and not berbatov.
if you really wanted to point the finger at a striker yesterday it should be the one who missed our only proper chance in the game. A chance hour should be putting away.
i think we will regret not signing tevez as berbatov really isn't the one in my opinion.

Unread 23-11-2008, 01:31 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Gutted for the lad, last season he was absolutly brilliant for us and he started this year off very well too.

It's obvious Berbatov has effected his confidence as he now feels not wanted, i really hope we sign him still but it's looking more and more unlikely.

Unread 23-11-2008, 05:07 PM
legendary saf

Some doubts are starting to creep into my mind but this sort of form is expected when you cannot play regularly.

Start the lad against Villarreal and City with Berbs out - if he's still utter shite(which he won't be) then questions must be asked.

Fergie certainly hasn't done him any favours this season.

Unread 23-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Luffy

tevez is rightly criticised for his poor performance, but what everyone looks at is his work on the ball.

what people fail to see is his work off the ball - and the off the ball stuff is the difference between drawing and winning.

sadly his movement has been utter shit as well, and thats the bit thats unforgiveable. missed shots, missed passes, dribbles that £#%&! up - they're part of the game and mistakes happen.

but when our team dominates but keeps running into brick walls and barely troubles their keeper or even look like penetrating the defence, you have to ask why.

our strikers have been shite of late. all of them. not ok, not off-colour, but shite. its come to the stage where they all need a £#%&!ing kick up the backside.

Unread 23-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
tevez is rightly criticised for his poor performance, but what everyone looks at is his work on the ball.

what people fail to see is his work off the ball - and the off the ball stuff is the difference between drawing and winning.

sadly his movement has been utter shit as well, and thats the bit thats unforgiveable. missed shots, missed passes, dribbles that £#%&! up - they're part of the game and mistakes happen.

but when our team dominates but keeps running into brick walls and barely troubles their keeper or even look like penetrating the defence, you have to ask why.

our strikers have been shite of late. all of them. not ok, not off-colour, but shite. its come to the stage where they all need a £#%&!ing kick up the backside.
Spot on. All of them have been poor.

Unread 23-11-2008, 06:12 PM
armchair

I thought he was terrible but would've probably given him a full 90. No idea what I'd pay for him.

Unread 23-11-2008, 06:15 PM
borsuk

tevez + anderson = second season syndrome

happens all the time

Unread 23-11-2008, 06:17 PM
MUFC One Love

So we're definitely not buying Tevez then?

Unread 23-11-2008, 06:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
So we're definitely not buying Tevez then?
no...apparently

to be fair he's not the answer on his showings this season

Unread 23-11-2008, 06:22 PM
dunk

Strange thing about Tevez at the moment is that Fergie won't leave him on for the full 90, he keeps replacing him with midfielders rather than just leave him on there. How many late goals did he get last season, important goals, yet he still takes him off.

I still hope we sign him, I'd be tempted to jut throw on the team that did so well for u last season, get some momentum going and the introduce other players, either that or put all the new players in fro now, tell the fans and stop £#%&!ing about.

Unread 23-11-2008, 07:05 PM
£#%&! KFC

Cool

Vedad Ibisevic has scored 16 goals in the Bundesliga for Hoffenheim we've been watching him and he would cost £15million less than Tevez

Unread 23-11-2008, 07:17 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'd be tempted to jut throw on the team that did so well for u last season
hargreaves
wes
scholes

nice idea, though

Unread 23-11-2008, 07:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
hargreaves
wes
scholes

nice idea, though
A fair point well made. I was thinking final third more thane defence though.

I wonder if all those who criticised Wes last season as shit ad a stop gap full back still feel the same way.

Unread 23-11-2008, 07:31 PM
borsuk

Quote:
I wonder if all those who criticised Wes last season as shit ad a stop gap full back still feel the same way.
probably. it kind of goes with the 'i'm a complete #@&%!' territory, i'm afraid.

Unread 23-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
probably. it kind of goes with the 'i'm a complete #@&%!' territory, i'm afraid.

Unread 23-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Strange thing about Tevez at the moment is that Fergie won't leave him on for the full 90, he keeps replacing him with midfielders rather than just leave him on there. How many late goals did he get last season, important goals, yet he still takes him off.

I still hope we sign him, I'd be tempted to jut throw on the team that did so well for u last season, get some momentum going and the introduce other players, either that or put all the new players in fro now, tell the fans and stop £#%&!ing about.
I think its perfectly fine for the manager to challenge his players, particularly as tevez's reactions to berbatov's arrival has been pathetic. since day one, we've had crap in the press about him and his loan not being made permanent, we've had this weird plea for sympathy everytime he gets subbed off, why does he shake his head? something tells me its not frustration at his own poor performance.

how a player rises to a challenge makes or breaks him, is he a great or is he better suited being a big fish in a small pond?

Rooney was benched for awhile this season, people thought tevez was playing better than him and he went on a scoring run, til he hit the 100 goal pressure point. rooney may be playing shit, but I think dropping him while he has the 99 goals hanging round his neck will do more harm than good.

once the dust has settled with dimi settling, wayne bagging his 100th and tevez in his stride, I expect fergie to play the strikers against each other so they push each other on.

the question is, does tevez have what it takes to be in that position or will he sulk and pack his bags. the sounds coming from his camp will not do him any favours whatsoever. He can go to real madrid.

Unread 23-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Coracao

I think it is clearly evident that the first choice are Rooney and Berbatov. I don't really see that changing.

I just can't see Tevez being here next season. He got a few important goals off the bench last season, but he isn't going to be happy with that role, and i'm not sure he is actually the right sort of player to be playing such a role anyway.

We still need an option of someone who is going to play off the shoulder of the defender and run in behind. Not sure if Campbell will be that player or not.

Unread 23-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
I think its perfectly fine for the manager to challenge his players, particularly as tevez's reactions to berbatov's arrival has been pathetic. since day one, we've had crap in the press about him and his loan not being made permanent

the question is, does tevez have what it takes to be in that position or will he sulk and pack his bags. the sounds coming from his camp will not do him any favours whatsoever. He can go to real madrid.
from Tevez' pov the question is actually Will i have a top club next season or not?

he will btw, and it'll be United

unless, as you say, he burns his bridges

Unread 24-11-2008, 12:04 AM
Barracuda

Looking at the games in general, we are seeing a team that is perfectly capable of playing most teams off the field, but is still dropping silly points due to missing so many chances.

Maybe SAF is coming to the conclusion that the mix of forwards isn't quite right, and that the £20M+ it will take to buy Tevez might be better spent elsewhere ... Benzema or Aguero for example.

For all the quality in the squad, it still lacks a real ruthless streak - Tevez has his plus points but ruthlessness isn't one of them. In fairness to him it's not really something Rooney or Berbanator has either, but they've already been bought and he hasn't.
Closed Thread