United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2007, 04:37 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Would you make the effort to go and watch even a 10th of the shit football they put on television?

The chances of most teams putting on a show that's even gonna vaguely excite me are slim. The chances of me tuning in just in case are even slimmer

The chances of me tuning into more than 5 minutes of Liverpool vs PSV tonight for example are slim to zero. I want PSV to hurt them. But I don't need to watch them do it.
I'd watch CL alright. Might flick between the games on Sky.

Problem I have is that there's other people who quite fancy watching a bit of TV, I have to pick and choose at times in the interests of diplomacy!

In the Premiership, I think there's only real Spurs and maybe the odd Everton game worth watching outside of the big 4.

Unread 03-04-2007, 05:24 PM
M46Red

I watch any football I can. I find on the whole, people who only watch United, are shit when it comes to football arguments and can make United fans look stupid.

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
I'd watch CL alright. Might flick between the games on Sky.

Problem I have is that there's other people who quite fancy watching a bit of TV, I have to pick and choose at times in the interests of diplomacy!

In the Premiership, I think there's only real Spurs and maybe the odd Everton game worth watching outside of the big 4.
I think you're exaggerating......

Quote:
Originally Posted by M46Red
I watch any football I can. I find on the whole, people who only watch United, are shit when it comes to football arguments and can make United fans look stupid.
........and I've got no idea what you're on about.

I'd fancy my chances in a football argument with you though

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:37 PM
tatty

If it isn't United or a game directly affecting us then it bores me (WC and Euros aside).

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:39 PM
M46Red

Quote:
I'd fancy my chances in a football argument with you though
Thats why I said in general, there are exceptions, what maybe I mean is, when you see these dicks at Old Trafford who you know are only there because it is cool to be seen watching United. I imagine people like this aren't really football fans.

Ok then, who won....

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
LushyLouTheLesbianShoe

if you're only interested in United then you're probably one of these new glory hunters that we've been attracting recently, to be brutally honest

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:40 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
If it isn't United or a game directly affecting us then it bores me (WC and Euros aside).
I'll watch them but they're just not as interesting as a Utd pre-season game or a re-run of the U18s in action.

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:41 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LushyLouTheLesbianShoe
if you're only interested in United then you're probably one of these new glory hunters that we've been attracting recently, to be brutally honest
Shut it @#%&!.

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Let's get real shall we. Unless you support one or other of the teams, or unless there are some special players involved, or unless you are actually playing, then most football is £#%&!in dross.

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Tropical

Default I miss

the old glory hunters.

Now *those* were JCLs. They could sniff out a whiff of glory from a hundred yards behind a kipper smokery.

This new lot don't know they're born.

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:50 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Go on, elaborate.

What should a "proper" fan be doing so:

a) Be interested in League One games when channel hopping
b) Follow/Play for local pub team
c) Drink bitter
d) Own an almanac
?

Unread 03-04-2007, 06:52 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Let's get real shall we. Unless you support one or other of the teams, or unless there are some special players involved, or unless you are actually playing, then most football is £#%&!in dross.
As someone frequently injured and sidelined, I couldn't actually bring myself to watch my local village side during those spells.

£#%&!ing boring.

Unread 03-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
As someone frequently injured and sidelined, I couldn't actually bring myself to watch my local village side during those spells.

£#%&!ing boring.
Harsh.

Still went down for the buffet though, I bet.

Unread 03-04-2007, 07:00 PM
LushyLouTheLesbianShoe

to be honest i only said it to annoy @#%&!ty

Unread 03-04-2007, 07:01 PM
tatty

Quote:
Harsh.

Unread 03-04-2007, 07:04 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Harsh.

Nope, I remember from a young age (though I was more a GAA player back then) seeing these fellas wandering around with the arm in a cast at every training session and thinking:

a) haven't they anything better to be doing?
b) what the £#%&! do you want, a purple heart?

If you're injured, you're dead and shouldn't be seen again until you're useful again.

Until then, go and get a girlfriend or something, go to the cinema, take a lot of long walks, whatever gets you off.

That is all.

Unread 03-04-2007, 07:40 PM
treb

tbh, I watch any football.

Not really arsed what league it is or standard!

Unread 03-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Riverside

For many years I lived in the London area and worked 7 days a week including late nights until 8:00pm Mon, Thu & Fri and every weekend. As a result, watching United except on TV and the occasional midweek London away was out of the question, so I used to go to any midweek football match I could get to. Millwall was my favourite - the atmosphere at the Old Den was quite amazing, and of course it was cheap to get in back then too. There is a United connection - Millwall's twin strike force at the time were Cascarino and one Teddy Sheringham!
Closed Thread