United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2016, 12:16 PM
Denis Irwell

He's alright, Blind.

All spot on though, dunks.

£#%&!ing ludicrous how underrated Carrick has been throughout his career.

Unread 21-10-2016, 12:36 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

£#%&!ing ludicrous how underrated Carrick has been throughout his career.
Fine by me tbh, meant he hasn't been turning out for England while numerous mongs have desperately tried to force Gerrard and Lampard together in order to appease moronic Engurland fans who could never appreciate what Carrick does.

Stayed fresh for United while we've hoovered up trophies

Unread 17-12-2016, 08:29 PM
armchair

very important. i'm not saying long term but this season when carrick needs a rest

Unread 17-12-2016, 08:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
very important. i'm not saying long term but this season when carrick needs a rest
Yep.

Unread 17-12-2016, 08:31 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Sunderland and boro

Two good games to give it a try I'd say

Unread 17-12-2016, 09:37 PM
browser

We need to go and and buy a Kante type when carrick goes. Just tell whoever it is to pass to Herrera and Pogba. Zero point in trying to replace him, it didn't work with Keane, or Scholes...it's not gonna work now, nobody of the Calibre is attainable. Modric maybe comes close

Quote:
Manchester United[207]

Premier League (5): 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11, 2012–13
FA Cup: 2015–16
Football League Cup: 2009–10
FA Community Shield (6): 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016
UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

Unread 17-12-2016, 11:10 PM
Luffy

Blind is a squad player at best, always has a calamity in him, not the £#%&! ups that are to do with skill or concentration or focus but £#%&! ups that are to do with being a dumb shit and you don't get over that or fix that on the training pitch.

It's like fellaini. Sometimes nothing goes wrong. But it's always there.

Unread 17-12-2016, 11:16 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
nobody of the Calibre is attainable.
Siders was raving about some lad at Porto when the question of replacing him last came up, that Weigl at Dortmund looks to be some talent as well.

Unread 17-12-2016, 11:49 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Fine by me tbh, meant he hasn't been turning out for England while numerous mongs have desperately tried to force Gerrard and Lampard together in order to appease moronic Engurland fans who could never appreciate what Carrick does.

Stayed fresh for United while we've hoovered up trophies

Yep, deffo.

Don't know how we came to miss out on Kante though. Just what we needed. We're just not gonna replace Carrick with another like for like one-touch neat player who always finds a way out for us but like for like seldom happens anyway. Evolvementness.

Unread 17-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Yep, deffo.

Don't know how we came to miss out on Kante though. Just what we needed. We're just not gonna replace Carrick with another like for like one-touch neat player who always finds a way out for us but like for like seldom happens anyway. Evolvementness.
Think Kante needs more to his game than just breaking everything up. Carricks passing is hugely underrated. Be interesting to see who Jose brings in.

Unread 18-12-2016, 05:49 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Think Kante needs more to his game than just breaking everything up. Carricks passing is hugely underrated. Be interesting to see who Jose brings in.
I don't need convincing about Carrick. That's my point - I doubt we'll get a like for like but as Browser stated up thread, Kante is good at what he does and if he (or whoever replaces Carrick) just quickly shifts it onto Poggers/Herrera after breaking up play we'll be ok.

Unread 18-12-2016, 07:06 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Siders was raving about some lad at Porto when the question of replacing him last came up, that Weigl at Dortmund looks to be some talent as well.
I expect he was on about Ruben Neves at Porto? Not seen much of him tbh but apparently he's a good player

And I think Weigl has just signed a new contract at Dortmund, but yeah he looks top.

Unread 18-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Blind is a squad player at best, always has a calamity in him, not the £#%&! ups that are to do with skill or concentration or focus but £#%&! ups that are to do with being a dumb shit and you don't get over that or fix that on the training pitch.

Blind is one of the smartest players in the squad you absolute oddball

Unread 18-12-2016, 12:39 PM
Sizlack

Quote:

You can accuse him of a lot of things but lack of football intelligence He's no pedigree at all has he, Daley Blind Iam guessing he knew more about football at 10yo than many of us manage in a life time.

Unread 18-12-2016, 05:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Another classic from Luffy

Unread 18-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

How very strange.

Unread 19-12-2016, 02:40 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Absolutely agree. Anything Carrick is, Blind can learn. He has the technique and the nous required, and Carrick has never been the quickest of players so Blind's lack of pace shouldn't be an issue if he learns to read the game the same way. I do however feel he's the type of player who needs trust from his manager.

Unread 19-12-2016, 04:03 AM
Stickman

Blind in Centre mid is an absolute emergency measure for me. Utility player.

Unread 19-12-2016, 04:15 AM
Barcabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Need to get a proper replacement for Carrick tbh.
Blind

Unread 19-12-2016, 04:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcabal
Blind
Faith
Closed Thread