erictheking7

From Portugal too.
http://sic.sapo.pt/online/noticias/d...ha+50+anos.htm

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:33 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Fairo playo

A muchos de nosotros nos ha pillado muy lejano aquel 1958, por lo que no nos puede resultar muy familiar este acontecimiento, pese a que es mundialmente conocido. Para los que os pille algo desconcertados, como a mí, os recomiendo que leáis el artículo completo, creo que merece la pena.

Por suerte no hemos vuelto a vivir nada parecido, cosa que esperamos siga así. Aquello fue una bomba informativa y un futuro negro para varias familias.

well done madrid fans

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierra Del Fuego
In Spanish, but you know what it means. The world is thinking.

http://www.realmadridfans.org/foro/5...ch-t23210.html
respect - was trying to work out which ones were their No Fun and Hark though.

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:38 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheking7
To be fair, that's just legendary SAF and sharath on another forum.

Unread 06-02-2008, 09:42 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i was taking the piss you clown how the £#%&! do you invade a spanish forum??!!
by boat, its tradition

Unread 07-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

Pese a tener que formar rápidamente un equipo lo más competitivo posible, los diablos rojos con una plantilla de circunstancias y en transición, no pudieron lograr los éxitos repetidos antes de la tragedia. Pese a ello el Manchester United consiguió llegar a la final de la FA Cup, perdiendo contra el Bolton Wanderers por 2-0. Busby retornó al cargo de entrenador a la temporada siguiente y trató de construir una nueva generación de "Busty Babes", incluyendo a George Best, que contribuyó a ganar la Copa de Europa una década después del desastre, en 1968 y derrotando al Benfica.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:38 AM
Ole's Extendable Big Toe

I gather on the Madrid one from my pidgeon Spanish....

Halfway down one says something along the lines of our loss wasn't as great as Torinos
as they lost all there players and coaching staff (In terms of rising again I suppose)

Maybe...who knows....I think the greater part of our tragedy was the potential, Torino were pretty ordinary.

But loss is loss and tragic whichever way.

That thread finishes with great tribute photos. Someone with better Spanish from me should register and note their respects

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole's Extendable Big Toe

Maybe...who knows....I think the greater part of our tragedy was the potential, Torino were pretty ordinary.
I'm pretty sure that's not true, summat like 10 Italian internationals in the squad and were on the way to a 3rd? Italian title. I'd call it comparible and Torino never really recovered

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:49 AM
AjaxRed

Thumbs up

Quote:

Respect

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:08 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Far from it

Quote:
The emotional impact the crash made on Italian sports fans was profound, as it claimed the lives of the players of a legendary team which had won the last Serie A title before the league play was interrupted in 1944 by World War II and had then returned after the conflict to win four consecutive titles (1946–1949).
Although it is often easier to dominate after events like wars when many teams have no stadias etc, they were still a pretty respectable team by all accounts.

Quote:
At the time of the crash Torino A.C. was leading Serie A with four games left to play in the season. The club carried on by fielding its reserve team (Primavera) and in a sign of respect their opponents in each of these matches (Genoa, Palermo, Sampdoria, and Fiorentina) also fielded their reserve sides. Primavera won each of their matches. The disaster seriously weakened the country's national side which had included up to 10 Torino players. Torino itself would not claim another title until 1976.
Nice gesture.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:41 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Quote:
Torino were pretty ordinary.
No they weren't. A great side, totally wiped out. Players, coaches, the lot.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:55 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
I gather on the Madrid one from my pidgeon Spanish....

Halfway down one says something along the lines of our loss wasn't as great as Torinos
as they lost all there players and coaching staff (In terms of rising again I suppose)

But loss is loss and tragic whichever way.

That thread finishes with great tribute photos. Someone with better Spanish from me should register and note their respects
You what???

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
You what???
he said torino were pretty ordinary. not many people agree. hth.

Unread 07-02-2008, 11:07 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
he said torino were pretty ordinary. not many people agree. hth.
Thanks for that
Closed Thread