United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2009, 11:39 PM
The Mull

Default Re: it's not often you get to see half a team of players who weren't good enough for united

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mouzone
another one who cant read, jumps to conclusions and makes a @#%&! of himself.

I stated that none of them would be missed if they never played for united again, and if your honest with yourself they wouldnt be.

now thats not to say that they cant improve or that they are shit, just that they are insignificant
OOH GET YOU ...................................Go £#%&! yourself, as you love yourself so much,............................................. ..... I read the dross you wrote and guess what ?...............

Unread 03-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Brother Mouzone

Default Re: it's not often you get to see half a team of players who weren't good enough for united

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
OOH GET YOU ...................................Go £#%&! yourself, as you love yourself so much,............................................. ..... I read the dross you wrote and guess what ?...............
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz gedthemong seems much more appropriate

you really must get a better grasp of the english language

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:00 AM
Sloane

theres only one man who can save us

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Whalefish

What a head he has.

Jesus £#%&!ing christ.

Needs a haircut too.

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:04 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
What a head he has.

Jesus £#%&!ing christ.

Needs a haircut too.
hes shit as well sell him what a waste of money

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:18 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yes Jem. United are shit. That is why we have won the league the last 3 seasons, the European Cup and got to the final of it the year after.

Jesus you'd think it's 2005 all over again the way you go on.
we were shit last season, even with ronaldo. we should never have won the league and we were utter shit in the final. all these late goals wouldn't be necessary (or missed today) if we didn't let the situation get desperate. it seems incredible that we could have won the whole £#%&!ing lot if fergie had taken the f.a. cup semi seriously (or the ref had) or if we'd turned up to the cl final. most of that united team wouldn't get close to any team of the mid to late 90s.

£#%&!ing hell, have you got no ambition?

our midfield is absolutely shocking, our defence swings wildly between being impregnable and gifting goals, foster is a £#%&!ing joke and when rooney is off form we don't look capable of anything close to a surprising move.

we're still top of the league, of course. what does that tell you about the rest? look around our team and there's evra and rooney getting it done week after week. after that, you've got some fading lights and some never-will-bes. the football today was shit.

at least in 2005 it looked like we just needed to replace keane.

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:21 AM
borsuk

Quote:
foster, o'shea, nani, valencia, welbeck

would not be missed if they never played for the club again
fergie clearly rates them and would miss them.

valencia has been here two minutes, judging him so harshly on that evidence is ridiculous, while judging somebody whose career has barely started like welbeck is even worse. as for the rest, perhaps they wouldn't be missed. but they would be replaced by similar players who would also have better and worse days.

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:22 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
What a head he has.

Jesus £#%&!ing christ.

Needs a haircut too.
better nose than zlatan, mind

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:22 AM
jem

Default welbeck

is not one of the ones I'd list as not fit to play for united.

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fergie clearly rates them and would miss them.

valencia has been here two minutes, judging him so harshly on that evidence is ridiculous, while judging somebody whose career has barely started like welbeck is even worse. as for the rest, perhaps they wouldn't be missed. but they would be replaced by similar players who would also have better and worse days.
im not saying any of them are shit, just that they are expendable and easily replaced and that in an ideal world they wouldnt be in uniteds team

foster clearly isnt good enough or is not ready, if he never played again it wouldnt be a problem

oshea is a good squad player but again if he died tomorrow its not really an issue is it, how he is playing in front of brown i dont know, let alone fabio

welbeck hasnt done it yet (which is understandable) but we could get rid tmorrow and not miss him.

Valencia wouldnt be missed and id suggest nani has 2-3 games of that to save his career but at this stage he wouldnt be missed either

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:41 AM
jem

Default nani

is one of the few players we have who can make something happen.

he raised his game in the second half and was more consistent with his crosses.

nani would be missed, because we've got £#%&! all else on the wings. fletch and valencia maybe? £#%&!, no.

Unread 04-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
we were shit last season, even with ronaldo. we should never have won the league and we were utter shit in the final. all these late goals wouldn't be necessary (or missed today) if we didn't let the situation get desperate. it seems incredible that we could have won the whole £#%&!ing lot if fergie had taken the f.a. cup semi seriously (or the ref had) or if we'd turned up to the cl final. most of that united team wouldn't get close to any team of the mid to late 90s.

our midfield is absolutely shocking, our defence swings wildly between being impregnable and gifting goals, foster is a £#%&!ing joke and when rooney is off form we don't look capable of anything close to a surprising move.

we're still top of the league, of course. what does that tell you about the rest? look around our team and there's evra and rooney getting it done week after week. after that, you've got some fading lights and some never-will-bes. the football today was shit.

I agree with this for the most part.

On another note playing Wellbeck today was probably one of the worst choices I have ever seen but then again I've not really seen what the boy can offer as I've said before last season (in other threads).

Wellbeck was wide and continually drifted in, Rooney went wide looking for space as we all know from last season and that nullifys him and Berba came well too deep.

The first half of today was one of the more depressing 45 minutes I've watched. far too early to say we cant win the league again as Chelsea have yet to face anyone who are a genuine threat. It kind of annoys me that on the season we can get our 19th league title we fail to spend on quality but seem to just weaken ourselves

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:32 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Concur absolutely.

The United of today just seem to pace themselves. There's no sense of a proper desire to entertain, unless that entertainment involves conceding shit goals playing shit in the first half and then chasing the game second half.

Unread 04-10-2009, 03:41 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Concur absolutely.

The United of today just seem to pace themselves. There's no sense of a proper desire to entertain, unless that entertainment involves conceding shit goals playing shit in the first half and then chasing the game second half.
nft

Unread 04-10-2009, 06:41 AM
borsuk

it's one £#%&!ing game lads. why draw season-threatening conclusions from yesterday and not from the 8 on the bounce we'd won before it, including wins over arsenal, city and spurs? why £#%&!ing jump on the first (ok, second) bad performance of the season and immediately start whining like we're disappearing down mid-table? talk about knee-jerk :shakehead: or rather, not knee-jerk, because i get the distinct impression that some have been waiting, toys in hand, no doubt impatiently, for the first bad day. and out of the pram they go in a welter of 'i told you so' threads. maybe it's just me, but no matter how desperate i was to prove some thesis of 'player x is shite' or 'we're crap without ronaldo' etc i'd still think twice about using top of the league, top of the cl group, 8 wins from 9 and wins over spurs, arsenal and city as my evidence. just a thought, mind.

personally i'm amazed that we've actually had a decent start to the season for once and that we've been playing such great football so early. promises to be a cracking season and, from what i've seen so far, i think us and arsenal look a cut above the rest.

Unread 04-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Macca1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's one £#%&!ing game lads. why draw season-threatening conclusions from yesterday and not from the 8 on the bounce we'd won before it, including wins over arsenal, city and spurs? why £#%&!ing jump on the first (ok, second) bad performance of the season and immediately start whining like we're disappearing down mid-table? talk about knee-jerk :shakehead: or rather, not knee-jerk, because i get the distinct impression that some have been waiting, toys in hand, no doubt impatiently, for the first bad day. and out of the pram they go in a welter of 'i told you so' threads. maybe it's just me, but no matter how desperate i was to prove some thesis of 'player x is shite' or 'we're crap without ronaldo' etc i'd still think twice about using top of the league, top of the cl group, 8 wins from 9 and wins over spurs, arsenal and city as my evidence. just a thought, mind.

personally i'm amazed that we've actually had a decent start to the season for once and that we've been playing such great football so early. promises to be a cracking season and, from what i've seen so far, i think us and arsenal look a cut above the rest.
Arsenal? sure they play easy on the eye football as they do every season but look where it gets them (recently) they really do miss a spine in that team.

You can't win every game of the season and you are obviously not going to perform to the standard we set week in week out and quite honestly after the first half yesterday its a miracle we got a point.

What worries me the most is what happens when/if we lose Rooney/Berbatov/Owen for a strech of time or the unthinkable of losing 2 of them at the same time for a few weeks, what ever way people paint it results regardless our front line does look desperately thin.

PS. Steve Bruce what a huge manager he is, hes had a great start with Sunderland after the stella work he did at Wigan and Birmingham. Top Fred

Unread 04-10-2009, 09:36 AM
The Mull

Quote:
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz gedthemong seems much more appropriate

you really must get a better grasp of the english language

Unread 04-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Re: welbeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Wellbeck is not one of the ones I'd list as not fit to play for united.

Well he £#%&!ing should be.

Unread 04-10-2009, 10:47 AM
jem

Default it's hardly knee-jerk, old badge

I complain when we're winning.

I wasn't unhappy when we went down against spurs, because it was clear we could get back into it. I wasn't even despairing about the first half against sunderland (a bit sad for scholesy, maybe), because it was clear we could get back into it merely by fighting a bit harder and showing our clear superiority. equally, we were very lucky to beat arsenal.

but we really shouldn't be judging purely on results. performances matter. and getting knocked around by a big lump up front and not closing down bent... on that basis, any championship side would give us a headache (like derby and their unmarked strikers).

barcelona were there for taking in the cl final as well. they scored a goal against the run of play due to three defensive howlers and we sagged. rooney had an off day and ronaldo, after a 10-minute "look at me" session didn't do much. everyone else says we were taught a lesson, but even fletch and ando could (probably) pass the ball around prettily if no one put them under any pressure. when ferdinand and vidic can't spot little messi when he is the only player in a position to receive the ball.....

I'm sorry, I just don't believe in our midfield until hargreaves is fit. and even then we need some decent wingers. if you like valencia, you probably liked duff, robben, etc as well and thought kanchelskis was better than giggs (he was better than valencia, though).

coppell and hill..... olsen and strachan.... giggs and sharpe... giggs and beckham.... giggs and ronaldo..... er..... nani and valencia.

robson.... keane..... er.... fletcher.

I don't think it's unrealistic to expect better quality than this.

Unread 04-10-2009, 12:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
foster, o'shea, nani, valencia, welbeck

would not be missed if they never played for the club again
oshea played well you £#%&!ing #@&%!.

£#%&! off back to brixton you £#%&!ing gobshite
Closed Thread