United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-09-2020, 09:23 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkins75
I actually hope they have a half decent season and are pushing for a place in the top 6 in the league and get us in the cup quarters or semis.I'd love to have the old rivalry stoked up again but it will be all the more spicy if they are competitive rather than languishing near the bottom.

Unread 08-09-2020, 09:57 AM
Wilkins75

Keanos all over it.

Unread 08-09-2020, 10:37 AM
Cream

Quote:
Hopefully there will be fans back in by the time the 19th Dec rolls around.No away fans for a good while though i fear.Shame really,got some good memories from the tussles with Yorkshire scum in the nineties.Down to the ground early then a few pints before Lou Macaris then on the Stretty dancing like a loon to 10 men went to mow.
Always considered that a Chelsea song.

Butch's old team

Unread 08-09-2020, 10:40 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Keanos all over it.

Unread 08-09-2020, 10:43 AM
Wilkins75

Yeah it was originally then the Stretford Enders robbed it in the nineties and changed it from "went to mow a meadow" to "went to mow at Chelsea"

Unread 08-09-2020, 11:09 AM
Cream

Quote:
Yeah it was originally then the Stretford Enders robbed it in the nineties and changed it from "went to mow a meadow" to "went to mow at Chelsea"
Vaguest of recollections. Then again I stopped going in the 90's, just as we started winning everything...

Some things you never forget.

Slipping out, five minutes before the whistle, one down against Latics in front of a crowd of 35 thousand loyal reds.

Making my way towards the match bus 'Part time supporter!!' still ringing in my ears.

Glancing back as an explosion of cheers erupts from the ground, a late United equaliser.
"Enjoy what's coming, lads. I've a feeling you're gonna like it"

Raising the collar of my Macintosh coat, pulling down the brim of my Trilby, as I disappear into the November mist and an uncertain future.

Unread 08-09-2020, 11:18 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
No recollection of that at all

Unread 08-09-2020, 11:57 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
No recollection of that at all
Thought it was "a scouser", i.e. "one man and his baseball bat went to mow a scouser"

Unread 08-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Thought it was "a scouser", i.e. "one man and his baseball bat went to mow a scouser"
Correct.

Unread 08-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Wilkins75

Im sure ive sung along to "went to mow at Chelsea".Maybe it was a one off.Baseball bat deffo rings a bell though now you mention it.

Unread 08-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Utter shite. My wumdar is beeping.

Unread 08-09-2020, 12:11 PM
Ethers

Come on lads, we all remember in the 90s, when the Stretford Enders famously offered to take a trip to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, put football allegiances aside, and help out with the lawn maintenance?

Unread 08-09-2020, 12:24 PM
Wilkins75

Nice one.Now im not gonna labour the point because its neither here nor there in terms of importance but i swear on a few occasions i heard it and sung it,back about that time when i was about 14 or 15 and used to go with mates from school we always stood to the left of the bridge bit where all the good shit happened....singing,dancing,swaying this way and that etc etc.
Im not saying it was ever a tune that was sung all the time or lasted a long time or anything.
Might be wrong.Thats all i have to say.

Unread 08-09-2020, 12:49 PM
no fun

Quote:
Nice one.Now im not gonna labour the point because its neither here nor there in terms of importance but i swear on a few occasions i heard it and sung it,back about that time when i was about 14 or 15 and used to go with mates from school we always stood to the left of the bridge bit where all the good shit happened....singing,dancing,swaying this way and that etc etc.
Im not saying it was ever a tune that was sung all the time or lasted a long time or anything.
Might be wrong.Thats all i have to say.
Bridge?

What bridge?

Think you mean tunnel

Summat not right here

Unread 08-09-2020, 12:57 PM
Wilkins75

Bridge was the bit right next to the edge of tunnel on the left hand side,had to get there early for a spot there.

Unread 08-09-2020, 01:02 PM
no fun

Quote:
Bridge was the bit right next to the edge of tunnel on the left hand side,had to get there early for a spot there.
Well I never

Here’s me, first stood on the Stretford end in about 1971 and I’ve never heard of the bridge. Never heard any of the lads of our estate mention the bridge.

You learn something new every day

Unread 08-09-2020, 01:51 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Well I never

Here’s me, first stood on the Stretford end in about 1971 and I’ve never heard of the bridge. Never heard any of the lads of our estate mention the bridge.

You learn something new every day
He's talking shit.

Unread 08-09-2020, 01:53 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
He's talking shit.
Maybe he really went in the scorecard end

Unread 08-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Wilkins75

Must have been a term christened by my mates then,i never questioned it."Getting there early to get on the bridge" "The bridge will be rammed today" were deffo phrases i heard from that lot.
Anyone remember Trace the Ace??Think she sang in front of the Stretford End a couple of times in the early 90s and did a cover of Im so Excited but changed the words so it was all about Man U.Please tell me i wasnt imagining that as well.

Unread 08-09-2020, 02:02 PM
no fun

Quote:
Must have been a term christened by my mates then,i never questioned it."Getting there early to get on the bridge" "The bridge will be rammed today" were deffo phrases i heard from that lot.
Anyone remember Trace the Ace??Think she sang in front of the Stretford End a couple of times in the eraly 90s and did a cover of Im so Excited but changed the words so it was all about Man U.Please tell me i wasnt imagining that as well.
The Stretford end bridge is an actual bridge... it’s the one that takes you from the gate at the players tunnel over the railway onto railway rd

There is no other
Closed Thread