United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Whip Hubley

Default Re: No value? Too right; 100k a week to sit on the bench? I don't think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy

Unread 08-04-2010, 09:13 AM
dunk

Default Re: No value? Too right; 100k a week to sit on the bench? I don't think so...

We should be playing 3-5-2 or something equally exotic and ridiculous huh throb?

Unread 08-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
we can't play 4-4-2 because we don't have the midfield for it, especially if the other team is playing 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.

Giggs - Keane - Scholes - Becks = great and might put up a fight against most 4-5-1s. But even against the best sides, if they played 4-5-1 we'd struggle.

4-3-3 covers up our midfield weaknesses and helps us cope better with other team's set ups. How many teams play 4-4-2 against us nowadays? Probably none.

This seems to be the perfect system now. I wonder if football will ever evolve from everyone using this. I can't see it going back to 4-4-2 because this system just destroys it.

the concept of strike partnerships is dead. Kinda shocking England still play it actually. We're the only top European side who even try to hang onto our 4-4-2 tradition.
Spain?

Unread 08-04-2010, 11:05 AM
El Chalten

buying Berbatov and letting Tevez go has backfired big time.

anyone who says different is deluded.

fergie's £#%&!ed up on that score.

nft.

Unread 08-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

£#%&! off with your 442 shite.

It's not 1994 and it never will be again.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
£#%&! off with your 442 shite.

It's not 1994 and it never will be again.
yep, those were the days eh

how i yearn for the 4-4-2 system we last started with in, er, March.

fancy coming and playing for United Mr Pato?

will I get a game in Europe?

don't be silly. it's 4-5-Rooney unless he's dead.

shove it up your arse then, i'm off to city.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yep, those were the days eh

how i yearn for the 4-4-2 system we last started with in, er, March.

fancy coming and playing for United Mr Pato?

will I get a game in Europe?

don't be silly. it's 4-5-Rooney unless he's dead.

shove it up your arse then, i'm off to city.
You aint seen much of Pato recently, right side majority of the games including ours at the San Siro

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
You aint seen much of Pato recently, right side majority of the games including ours at the San Siro
do feel free to insert the player of your choice then, won't you

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:29 PM
MUFC One Love

United's squad needs sorting, that was obvious last summer tbh. We did nothing about it, in fact we weakened our squad even more.

This summer is going to be very very interesting.

The club can't keep lying and getting away with it.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:32 PM
RedMenace

70m or so is about to be taken by the Glazers the remainder went on the downpayments on Valencia, Obertan, signing on fee for Owen etc.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
United's squad needs sorting, that was obvious last summer tbh. We did nothing about it, in fact we weakened our squad even more.

This summer is going to be very very interesting.

The club can't keep lying and getting away with it.
Err, yes it can. What are you going to do? Stamp your feet?

Fountz

you're all missing the point.

Where's the £80m ?? ...that lies at the heart of the issue. Paper thin squad, reduced options, over reliance on a few key players.

Disappointed in Berbatov.. I genuinely thought he'd do better and prepared to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.

Cometh the hour cometh the man and all that.. well Berbatov, Carrick ( and Anderson ) have had ample opportunity to impose themselves on important matches, and in effect, make the difference... they rarely, if ever, do so.

However, I can understand Ferg perservering.. if he flogged them he'd be unlikely to see a bean.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:36 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Err, yes it can. What are you going to do? Stamp your feet?
The JCL's will only believe the lies for so long. As soon as the major trophies stop for a season or 2 they'll want answers.

Most United supporters who know the club are lying and no things aren't right don't go to games, it's when the JCL's turn on the club that they're £#%&!ed.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
The JCL's will only believe the lies for so long. As soon as the major trophies stop for a season or 2 they'll want answers.

Most United supporters who know the club are lying and no things aren't right don't go to games, it's when the JCL's turn on the club that they're £#%&!ed.
They can still keep lying. They don't give a £#%&!.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

How much are the Glazers personally liable for ?

Is it the full amount of the PIK notes (Plus Interest) ?

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:42 PM
Tumescent Throb

we have a brilliant squad of players

this season - like so many actually - we've had a horrible arrangement of concurrent injuries

that's a shit sentence admittedly, but it gets the job done i feel.

Unread 08-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
we have a brilliant squad of players

this season - like so many actually - we've had a horrible arrangement of concurrent injuries

that's a shit sentence admittedly, but it gets the job done i feel.

Problem is TT, we're like a Japanese "just in time" car plant.. we need the planets to line up favourably.

Unread 08-04-2010, 01:59 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
How much are the Glazers personally liable for ?

Is it the full amount of the PIK notes (Plus Interest) ?
In theory. They're secured on the Glazers' shares in United, not any of their "other assets". If they don't pay they'd lose control of United to the hedge funds but they wouldnt lose anything else. Though given that United appears to be funding their other enterprises I'm sure they won't let that happen.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
In theory. They're secured on the Glazers' shares in United, not any of their "other assets". If they don't pay they'd lose control of United to the hedge funds but they wouldnt lose anything else. Though given that United appears to be funding their other enterprises I'm sure they won't let that happen.

So they could in fact bleed money out of the club in dividends and then just let us collapse and walk away without losing a penny of their own money ?

Yeah, I know this has been said many times, but I always thought that the PIKs were their personal responsibility,so they couldn't do that, but if they aren't, then it is quite possible that their business plan always was to treat us like Boxer from animal farm

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
So they could in fact bleed money out of the club in dividends and then just let us collapse and walk away without losing a penny of their own money ?
As I understand it, yes.

They can use the £500m bond money to pay off their personal PIK debt, take the rest out as payments to themselves, and then wind up the club (i.e. company) before the bonds are redeemable.

The more palatable option is to take out a reasonable amount over the next years, and then sell the club (including the bond debt) for as much as they can and take the profit above what they and the hedge funds have put in.

Either way they can't lose anything now, and they will make hundreds of millions whatever happens.
Closed Thread