United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
RIC will be loving this, hopefully if Greece get tonked he'll finally be able to move on from what happened 8 years ago

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Ethers

Excellent for the Czechs.

Said the other night that despite getting @#%&!ted by Russia they looked far better than either Greece or Poland.

Sage.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Excellent for the Czechs.

Said the other night that despite getting @#%&!ted by Russia they looked far better than either Greece or Poland.

Sage.
Jiracek was their best player that game too.Shouldve stuck him in my team.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Chalkias in net for the Greeks again. Great name for a goalkeeper

Greece relied very heavily in the old days on Nikopolidis, who was very good coming for crosses and a reliable shot stopper.

To say there has been a drop-off since he retired is an understatement.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

roll on germany v holland ffs
yeah, because germany and holland were involved in such riveting first matches

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Ginners

the best games so far have been in group a

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:21 PM
PaulParkers

My £30 on russia looking good. They made the Checks look like right bloody twerps and here the Checks are bagging two against the Grecian 2000's in 6 minutes...the G-2000's hadn't conceded more than 1 all qualifying.

Yes I know they're missing central defenders.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:22 PM
borsuk

wouldn't be surprised to see greece come back into this, not over yet

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Grimson

Sifakis on for Chialkis, who looked less than incapacitated when he went off. Did he just say "£#%&! this"?

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Tiberian

I have to say that I am enjoying this tournament more than I thought I would. To qualify that, there have no been truly great games as such or exceptional performances but most teams have had a go and the football has been more open that recent international tournaments.

Acceptable mediocrity rather than dull drivel, which considering how poor the European club season was is a pleasant surprise.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Tiberian

Karagounis FFS Please let there be blood. Classic Drogba fit.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:29 PM
ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
wouldn't be surprised to see greece come back into this, not over yet
Yep if they pull a goal back, there's only one in it. Long way to go.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Sifakis on for Chialkis, who looked less than incapacitated when he went off. Did he just say "£#%&! this"?
Who do you have as co commentators this tournament?Wasnt it efan ekoku last time?

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Who do you have as co commentators this tournament?Wasnt it efan ekoku last time?
Haha yeah, not anymore. I loved him. He was measured, intelligent, well spoken, and dropped one huge clanger per game.

Got all the usual dicks now - Robbie Mustoe for this game, McManaman, Kasey Keller (who is terrible).

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yeah, because germany and holland were involved in such riveting first matches
your sarcasm wounds me

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Greece relied very heavily in the old days on Nikopolidis, who was very good coming for crosses and a reliable shot stopper.

To say there has been a drop-off since he retired is an understatement.
Forgot about him, always seemed a decent 'keeper.

Out of interest, Grimmers, what do you think of Lloris these days? Seems to still be very highly rated within France, but doesn't convince often when I watch him.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Forgot about him, always seemed a decent 'keeper.

Out of interest, Grimmers, what do you think of Lloris these days? Seems to still be very highly rated within France, but doesn't convince often when I watch him.
He's a lot like De Gea - exceptionally athletic and agile shot stopper, very good with his feet, could use a little more muscle. The one difference is that Dave will deal with crosses dumped right into his six-yard-box - maybe not always convincingly, but he doesn't shrink fro them. Lloris is hesitant to do even that much. It's supposedly why Fergie cooled his interest in him.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I have to say that I am enjoying this tournament more than I thought I would. To qualify that, there have no been truly great games as such or exceptional performances but most teams have had a go and the football has been more open that recent international tournaments.

Acceptable mediocrity rather than dull drivel, which considering how poor the European club season was is a pleasant surprise.
it's already better than world cup 2010 which will go down as the worst international tournament i've seen in my lifetime. Utterly £#%&!ing awful.

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
He's a lot like De Gea - exceptionally athletic and agile shot stopper, very good with his feet, could use a little more muscle. The one difference is that Dave will deal with crosses dumped right into his six-yard-box - maybe not always convincingly, but he doesn't shrink fro them. Lloris is hesitant to do even that much. It's supposedly why Fergie cooled his interest in him.
Interesting. Yesterday being a good example of that, I guess.

Did you catch his own goal against Nice last month? Puts Nice 3-2 up. Won't have done his confidence in that area much good

http://rutube.ru/tracks/5638354.html

Unread 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Interesting. Yesterday being a good example of that, I guess.

Did you catch his own goal against Nice last month? Puts Nice 3-2 up. Won't have done his confidence in that area much good

http://rutube.ru/tracks/5638354.html

How's he managed to do that?
Closed Thread