United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

wierd one this.

what's the point in signing someone who is clearly past his best? there's no chance of us signing a striker in january now

Unread 01-12-2006, 12:51 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alxXx
The swedish league starts in march-
Oh, right. Think he'll be a good signing. But he'll be leaving at the business end of the season. If we're still in the Title race and/or involved in a decent Cup run, it'd be a blow loosing him. We still need to sign a proper stiker in the summer, but I doubt we will now. Maybe Smith will be in form by March

Unread 01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Oh, right. Think he'll be a good signing. But he'll be leaving at the business end of the season. If we're still in the Title race and/or involved in a decent Cup run, it'd be a blow loosing him. We still need to sign a proper stiker in the summer, but I doubt we will now. Maybe Smith will be in form by March
exactly. i don't understand this signing at all. no doubt he was a decent player, but why not give rossi a go instead?

Unread 01-12-2006, 12:56 PM
dodger

Good signing, but what do we do after March? The season is just starting to hot up then. Shame it's not until may

Unread 01-12-2006, 12:57 PM
puressence

its win win really . if he is doing the business expect fergal to try and sign him on a contract . plus saha will get a break .possibly rossi will be used and smith will eventually be £#%&!ed off

Unread 01-12-2006, 12:58 PM
antonin jablonsky

This could be a good thing or a very bad thing. If it's done with a view to signing a midfielder in January then a striker in the summer then fair enough. If on the otherhand we sign no-one in January, it means ionly one thing, we haven't a penny to spend on layers and are completely £#%&!ed. Either way it's a shame it isn't 'til the end of the season.

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
its win win really . if he is doing the business expect fergal to try and sign him on a contract .
Yep. If he does well, I'm sure him and his club can be persuaded to miss a couple of months of the Swedish season.

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:05 PM
koppas

Thing is, if the Swedish season starts in March why would they let him go out on loan? Bit risky.

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:15 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Yep. If he does well, I'm sure him and his club can be persuaded to miss a couple of months of the Swedish season.
expect a couple of fringe players in swden

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:17 PM
Ether

Aye. Someone on the other side reckons he'd only miss pre-season and 2 or 3 games in Sweden if he stayed till the end of May, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Aye. Someone on the other side reckons he'd only miss pre-season and 2 or 3 games in Sweden if he stayed till the end of May, so I don't think it'll be a problem.
Well, lets hope he plays well enough to be kept till May!

Also means we finally have a player that can come of the bench and change the game for us.

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:22 PM
n48

They would surely appreciate a player coming into their side at peak match fitness, especially from a superior league?

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:34 PM
puressence

im buzzing for this transfer

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
im buzzing for this transfer
pure whats all this buzzing lark then?

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
KHITC.

£#%&!ing buzzing.....

Loving it

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:57 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsingborgs Big Cheese
There is of course an economic aspect both for Helsingborg and Henrik and, hopefully, Manchester United but we are not releasing any figures. We are happy."
I'd be gobsmacked is there isnt an option of keeping him till the end of the season in exchange for a few notes.

Unread 01-12-2006, 01:57 PM
jem

Default that's a hell of a pre-season

for the lad.

sorry, did I say lad? 35? £#%&!ing hell, I must clean my boots.

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:00 PM
puressence

milk

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Johnson

is he fit or are we being used to boost his pre season fitness.

It beggars belief that you lot are happy about this... Can you imagine Chelsea , Arsenal , Liverpool or any of the top European Clubs doing this ?

We have slipped so far it's unbelievable

Unread 01-12-2006, 02:02 PM
MUFC One Love

I am buzzing about it.
Closed Thread