United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
I predict that within a couple of months all these giggs, scholes past it etc threads will have been replaced with more positive ones
Sorry Chorley, I don't. Scholes maybe but I've seen nothing to suggest Giggs might turn it around. Bar the cross for Tevez's goal last weekend he was mainly poor.

He shouldn't be starting atm. How many of our eight Premiership games has he started and not finished btw. He seems to be have been one oif the first off of late.

Absolute garabge today, painful to watch.

Unread 29-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Sorry Chorley, I don't. Scholes maybe but I've seen nothing to suggest Giggs might turn it around. Bar the cross for Tevez's goal last weekend he was mainly poor.

He shouldn't be starting atm. How many of our eight Premiership games has he started and not finished btw. He seems to be have been one oif the first off of late.
Who would you have replace this senior member of the team who has very much earned his place?

O'Shea? Anderson? Nani?

I don't think so.

Another shite spouting non-match going fool.

Unread 29-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Tumescent Throb

Enjoyed much of Giggs' game again today. His touch is sublime. It is true that his passing is not coming off at the moment, and it may well be because he is often more hurried than he used to be. But most of the problem is the movement around him imo. Today Evra and carrick in particular gave the ball away plenty often. As did Ronaldo for that matter.

Thought Wes Brown had another excellent game btw

And it was nice to see another one of our brilliant title-winning squad come off the bench and prove his value to United - despite his (frankly £#%&!ing clueless) critics amongst some United fans. Well done Nutsack.

Same team for Tuesday? Don't think it will be tbh but will be happy if it is. Pity Anderson didn't get on today mind. Looked ideal for him.

Unread 29-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroyloverod
Who would you have replace this senior member of the team who has very much earned his place?

O'Shea? Anderson? Nani?

I don't think so.

Another shite spouting non-match going fool.

Unread 29-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Ether

Giggs will make you all eat your words when he tears Roma apart again midweek.

Unread 29-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Giggs will make you all eat your words when he tears Roma apart again midweek.
I hope he does. But atm I'm struggling to see how he will.

Unread 29-09-2007, 08:59 PM
legendary saf

And he wants a 2 year contract haha, dream on Ryan.

Giggs is finished and it saddnes me to say that.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
And he wants a 2 year contract haha, dream on Ryan.

Giggs is finished and it saddnes me to say that.
Coming from such a sooth on football as yourself, I rescind all previous commentary.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
If you think the only decent thing Giggs did against Chelsea was the cross for the goal then I'm not surprised you can't see it Whalefish!

Giggs is quite rightly one of the first names on the teamsheet. That doesn't mean I'm convinced totally that he or Scholes will be in the team come Tuesday. Actually, I'm thinking Scholes could be the one to drop out.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Ether

Quote:
He just needs to work out how to use his left foot properly again and he'll be right.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
If you think the only decent thing Giggs did against Chelsea was the cross for the goal then I'm not surprised you can't see it Whalefish!
I know exactly what I saw and I didn't see much else from Ryan against Chelsea. He may not have been as bad as previous weeks or today but it wasn't by much. I'm not going to sit here and call him a @#%&!, a load of shite etc as some do because he's been one of my favourite players for as long as I can remember but he has been poor this season. Awful at times, which he was today.

I can't be arsed spending hours on here arguing about it though. I know what I've seen this season and I don't think much of it's been good.

As a team today, that performance worries me a great deal.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
He just needs to work out how to use his left foot properly again and he'll be right.
Again, I hope you're right. I'm a bit concerned he's forgotten how to use it though.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:13 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Not really

I usually back Giggsy up as you can see in this older thread

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14670

But I personally haven't seen him so awful for a long long time, and its almost been 2 months aswell now.

Ryan Giggs is finished and he's doing more harm to the team than good right now. Deny that and you are a blind @#%&! or a liar.
What a dick. How many times have you actually been to a home game you £#%&!box?

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I know exactly what I saw and I didn't see much else from Ryan against Chelsea. He may not have been as bad as previous weeks or today but it wasn't by much. I'm not going to sit here and call him a @#%&!, a load of shite etc as some do because he's been one of my favourite players for as long as I can remember but he has been poor this season. Awful at times, which he was today.

I can't be arsed spending hours on here arguing about it though. I know what I've seen this season and I don't think much of it's been good.

As a team today, that performance worries me a great deal.
Giggs' simple passing was awful today. His touch was excellent, as was his imagination. The movement around him was confused. His movement was as good as ever, not least to create the chance to volley (similar to the one in the Chelsea game) which was superb - and doubtless straight off the training ground. Once United start hitting the net all these troubles will fade away.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:23 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Giggs' simple passing was awful today. His touch was excellent, as was his imagination. The movement around him was confused. His movement was as good as ever, not least to create the chance to volley (similar to the one in the Chelsea game) which was superb - and doubtless straight off the training ground. Once United start hitting the net all these troubles will fade away.
Like I said elsewhere, I hope so. I really do.

And yes that pass from Vidic, and volley from Giggs was good. Pity it didn't come off but as you point out it was the basics which were not coming off for him today and that does worry me.

Anyways, I'm pleased with the three points today. Very happy. But I am a little concerned about the overall performance. Anyhoo...

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Like I said elsewhere, I hope so. I really do.

And yes that pass from Vidic, and volley from Giggs was good. Pity it didn't come off but as you point out it was the basics which were not coming off for him today and that does worry me.

Anyways, I'm pleased with the three points today. Very happy. But I am a little concerned about the overall performance. Anyhoo...
Sorry I'm jibbering but I'm knackered. Trying to say that I'm coming round to the idea that the inter-changing of positions in attack is causing many of our problems. The times we create an over, on either side, and yet don't use him quickly enough - or at all - is very frustrating and needs sorting asap.

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Sorry I'm jibbering but I'm knackered. Trying to say that I'm coming round to the idea that the inter-changing of positions in attack is causing many of our problems. The times we create an over, on either side, and yet don't use him quickly enough - or at all - is very frustrating and needs sorting asap.
But that is the system that brought us the 7-1 against Roma. Was anyone on this thread at that game?

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:53 PM
Alan

Thumbs up

Quote:

Unread 29-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I'm a big fan of giggs, he's a legend and has been on the end of a lot of unfair criticism. But even i have to admit that today, Giggs was absolute gash, just terrible, barely able to string a pass together. I really hope this is just a dip in form for him and not the beggining of the end.

Unread 29-09-2007, 10:04 PM
roon78

yeah he's shit

been shit since he was 17, no pace and didn't score the greatest fa cup goal of all time - weapons
Closed Thread