United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mate of mine is starting up an open age team in Stockport somewhere, looking to play on Saturday mornings. Played a friendly last week, and this little @#%&! came on as a sub, he was on the pitch 10 minutes and had put in 2 horrible tackles, fortunately nobody got hurt, then he launched into a 2 footed £#%&!ing jump at me , I lifted the ball over him and jumped over him, made him look a bit stupid, but what the £#%&! is the point in that? Why do it? In a friendly as well. It's got me thinking of giving it a swerve, which is a shame.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

I used to play in a 5-a-side league until we got promoted twice and ended up in the top division where the violence was just ridiculous. Almost every match ended up in a proper fist fight with people quite determined to break legs. Couldn't be arsed with it. What's the £#%&!ing point?
I have never minded a physical game with a lot of aggression, as long as the players all realize that they have a responsibility to each other. Have to go back to work on the Monday, plenty with families to support. The amount of 2 footed tackles you see is beyond a joke, some 15 stone lump flying through the air at knee height, inevitable outcome.

That 9th game we had a broken leg on both sides, the ambulance was just about to transport the first guy away, 40 min stop to the game, most of the players wanted to call it, but the 2 managers wanted to get it finished, 2 mins into the restart our Captain has his left leg snapped.:shakehead:

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:47 PM
Cream

You can't insist upon an opponent playing blindfolded then moan about a mistimed lunge.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

I used to play in a 5-a-side league until we got promoted twice and ended up in the top division where the violence was just ridiculous. Almost every match ended up in a proper fist fight with people quite determined to break legs. Couldn't be arsed with it. What's the £#%&!ing point?
Wasn't power league at whalley range high was it? We went there and it kicked off virtually every game. Eventually nobody wants to spend money getting started on by some #@&%! so you have to sack it off altogether. Me and my mates, grown men of 30+, were seriously talking about going to hough end instead and playing 'who can hit the crossbar' on the rugby posts ffs.

Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Mate of mine is starting up an open age team in Stockport somewhere, looking to play on Saturday mornings. Played a friendly last week, and this little @#%&! came on as a sub, he was on the pitch 10 minutes and had put in 2 horrible tackles, fortunately nobody got hurt, then he launched into a 2 footed £#%&!ing jump at me , I lifted the ball over him and jumped over him, made him look a bit stupid, but what the £#%&! is the point in that? Why do it? In a friendly as well. It's got me thinking of giving it a swerve, which is a shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Played in a 5 a side league on Langley a few years ago, we were one of the best teams in it but £#%&!ing hell, one team was a whose who of ruffians. They literally spent the last 10 minutes trying to injure us.

We just carried on playing our game quietly with class and dignity, like a Brendan Rodgers team would.
i played in a sunday game once and about 10 mins into the second half, the opposition started machine gunning us. ended up with 9 of our team dead, but i still managed to score a last minute winner to put us 3-2 up.

elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I have never minded a physical game with a lot of aggression, as long as the players all realize that they have a responsibility to each other. Have to go back to work on the Monday, plenty with families to support. The amount of 2 footed tackles you see is beyond a joke, some 15 stone lump flying through the air at knee height, inevitable outcome.

That 9th game we had a broken leg on both sides, the ambulance was just about to transport the first guy away, 40 min stop to the game, most of the players wanted to call it, but the 2 managers wanted to get it finished, 2 mins into the restart our Captain has his left leg snapped.:shakehead:
what league was that?

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Crumps

Like a young Crumps. Got away with a lot cos my centre half was £#%&!ing nails and a bit mad. If anything he encouraged me.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:53 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
what league was that?
Ballymena & Provincial Intermediate League over in Northern Ireland, shitty level, but an extended family thing was the draw, my Cousins and Brother wanted to play for a team together before we called it quits, bad decision, luckily we all (4 of us) managed to avoid serious injury.

Unread 24-05-2013, 02:55 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i played in a sunday game once and about 10 mins into the second half, the opposition started machine gunning us. ended up with 9 of our team dead, but i still managed to score a last minute winner to put us 3-2 up.
Yeah but were they using Muslamic Ray Guns?

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:09 PM
Zorg

Quote:
I have never minded a physical game with a lot of aggression, as long as the players all realize that they have a responsibility to each other.
Yep. I ended up joining a group of lads who play once a week just for fun. It's nice and physical, I'd still come home with a few bumps and scrapes but at the end we'd all shake hands and there was never anything nasty. :cholmondley-warner:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Wasn't power league at whalley range high was it? We went there and it kicked off virtually every game. Eventually nobody wants to spend money getting started on by some #@&%! so you have to sack it off altogether.
It was

It was great the first couple of years but division 1 was a total waste of time.

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:12 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Ballymena & Provincial Intermediate League over in Northern Ireland, shitty level, but an extended family thing was the draw, my Cousins and Brother wanted to play for a team together before we called it quits, bad decision, luckily we all (4 of us) managed to avoid serious injury.
its not worth playing when you risk injury like that.

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:26 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

Can't beat a good 50/50

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Can't beat a good 50/50
rail network or motorways? you decide!

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:41 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
I did my dissertation on that, me. Non volenti fit injuria, your honour.

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Sloppy

Quote:

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:45 PM
toseeunited

Quote:

2 and a half years ago now that was. £#%&!ing mental! that money would be long gone by now!

Unread 24-05-2013, 03:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yeah right.
I did, quite comfortably actually Shit hot when I get going.
Closed Thread