United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

is anyone else finding how much he is fawning all over us just a little sickening at the minute? W

We know you want the job. Give it a rest ffs

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
is anyone else finding how much he is fawning all over us just a little sickening at the minute? W

We know you want the job. Give it a rest ffs
he needs to be careful, some of the Inter fans may not take kindly to his behaviour and they aren't averse to a bit of knifeplay.

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:53 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
he needs to be careful, some of the Inter fans may not take kindly to his behaviour and they aren't averse to a bit of knifeplay.
What!? Seriously!? You think they might...,you know...cut his hair?

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
i thought that last night. Letting someone know you want the job is one thing, but he practically said he was glad United went through last night

would be funny if they binned him and we gave the job to someone else

Unread 12-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I see all that as a glaringly obvious ploy by him to deflect the attention away from his players & onto himself. Same with press conferences, interviews, post match chats etc. No one talks about his players, they all appreciate how he wrestles the pressure from them & onto himself. He'll probably cark it in 10 years due to the pressure he puts on himself.
i know that's the accepted wisdom, but i would put it down more to his ego than anything else.

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Warren Hobhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i honestly cannot stand the little shit and his 'look at me everybody!' attitude. he is like a 6 year old with add.

throwing his medals into the crowd, coming out onto the pitch during the warm up/before the players at the start of the game, always making sure he gets the limelight etc. all completely galling.

he hasn't got the class to be the next united manager, imo.
spot on

Quote:
I see all that as a glaringly obvious ploy by him to deflect the attention away from his players & onto himself. Same with press conferences, interviews, post match chats etc. No one talks about his players, they all appreciate how he wrestles the pressure from them & onto himself. He'll probably cark it in 10 years due to the pressure he puts on himself.
he has few players worthy of talking about tbh vaners

narcissistic @#%&!*

(*maureen, not vaners)

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i know that's the accepted wisdom, but i would put it down more to his ego than anything else.
You don't win UEFA Cups, European Cups, FA Cups, Premier League's & so on so consistently with nothing but an ego. He gets a team spirit & a certain type of football going. The fact every player he's had has wanted to play for him tells you he's good at the man management side of things & with good players, I think that's as much as you really need to do.

I think the mental side of things, a consistency of personality at the club is no bad thiing. Successors of great managers have folded before. Especially if the hang around the club. We've seen it ourselves.

Like I said, if he gets his teams playing more attractive football, he'd be a shoe-in. As it stands, his history doesn't endear him to me tbf. But then anyone taking over from Fergie is, realistically, completely £#%&!ed aren't they?

Unread 12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
You don't win UEFA Cups, European Cups, FA Cups, Premier League's & so on so consistently with nothing but an ego. He gets a team spirit & a certain type of football going. The fact every player he's had has wanted to play for him tells you he's good at the man management side of things & with good players, I think that's as much as you really need to do.

I think the mental side of things, a consistency of personality at the club is no bad thiing. Successors of great managers have folded before. Especially if the hang around the club. We've seen it ourselves.

Like I said, if he gets his teams playing more attractive football, he'd be a shoe-in. As it stands, his history doesn't endear him to me tbf. But then anyone taking over from Fergie is, realistically, completely £#%&!ed aren't they?
oh i'm not doubting his ability for a second - his record is brilliant. i just can't stand him on a personal level and his style of football isn't suited to us, imo.

agree about whoever takes over from fergie being on a hiding to nothing. i would be amazed if we won the league/european cup in the first couple of years after his retirement, regardless of who we get as a replacement. we won't realise how luck we were until he is gone, such is life
Closed Thread