United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
tbh im with dunk on this one, the look on the scousers faces when we lift the carling cup aloft will be priceless

dunk's had a 'mare here.

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:30 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
tbh im with dunk on this one, the look on the scousers faces when we lift the carling cup aloft will be priceless

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Ether

Quote:
Superb

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:33 PM
dunk

Hang on. I've had a 'mare because I want us to utterly dominate the nation in which we play our football, winning every trophy available in our country, leaving everyone else with £#%&! all and doing something unique in the process?

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:34 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Hang on. I've had a 'mare because I want us to utterly dominate the nation in which we play our football, winning every trophy available in our country, leaving everyone else with £#%&! all and doing something unique in the process?
Stop....................................please.

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:35 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Quote:
If we win all 3 domestic trophies this season, doesn't that make us the most sucessful club (domestically) in this country?

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:39 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Stop....................................please.
The trophies in this country are our main course, our bread and butter, if you will.

The CL is the cherry on top of the cake.There is no point getting your hopes uptoo high, because invariably the best team in Europe doesn't win it (Ourselves and Barcelona being the only teams to win it in recent years who were the best around at the time). If we win it, superb, no finer feeling, but it almost definitely won't happen, it's too much of a lottery, so £#%&! it.

I have said the same for 4 or 5 years now. Just not that bothered, personally.

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Ether

Quote:
Celtic and Rangers have 'utterly dominated the nation in which they play their football' too, on numerous occasions. Truly great teams win old Big Ears though. And don't forget we'd be doing something unique just by retaining the Champions League.

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
If we win all 3 domestic trophies this season, doesn't that make us the most sucessful club (domestically) in this country?
What would be the point in that? Domestic achievements are frivolous, clearly.

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:40 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Just not that bothered, personally.
That's the spirit.

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

I've changed my mind, I'm with dunk, "£#%&! the European Cup"!

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Celtic and Rangers have 'utterly dominated the nation in which they play their football' too, on numerous occasions.
True. Nobody has EVER done it here though.

Quote:
Truly great teams win old Big Ears though.
Yep, and we did last year.

Quote:
And don't forget we'd be doing something unique just by retaining the Champions League.
That's true, and I would love us to retain it, I really would, but the domestic treble is something that has never been done in, what, 50-60 years? However long the league cup has been going. It would give us more League and FA Cup Doubles than anyone as well, I think we are level with Arsenal atm. It would increase our lead in the FA Cup table too.

I want us to win all 4, in fact all £#%&!ing 6, but I REALLY want the domestic treble.

I can't explain it.

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:45 PM
The Watcher

Question

Can we enter the LDV Vans trophy?

If we're going after domestic domination, let’s not £#%&! about.

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Can we enter the LDV Vans trophy?

If we're going after domestic domination, let’s not £#%&! about.
I reckon our 3rd string would piss it.

Unread 27-02-2009, 03:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

That £#%&!ing idiot Fergie says the CL and Pl are our priorities!

Unread 27-02-2009, 04:04 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
I reckon our 3rd string would piss it.

For me, the European Cup is the greatest, most prestigious and most glamorous prize in club football. I'd do anything for us to win it again. When I look at the standard a club like Milan set in 80s/90s - five finals in seven years - that is what we should be aiming for, given our strength both on and off the pitch. We won't always have this opportunity, so must make the most of it while it lasts.

Unread 27-02-2009, 04:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

For me, the European Cup is the greatest, most prestigious and most glamorous prize in club football. I'd do anything for us to win it again. When I look at the standard a club like Milan set in 80s/90s - five finals in seven years - that is what we should be aiming for, given our strength both on and off the pitch. We won't always have this opportunity, so must make the most of it while it lasts.
Yeash but did Milan win the Milk Cup? No, did they £#%&!!

Unread 27-02-2009, 04:16 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Really, you do come across as a bit think at times jabbers.

?
Ha, ha, ha, ha. "A bit think" you say.

Unread 27-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Really, you do come across as a bit think at times jabbers.
oh dear

Unread 27-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Lolzy @ dunksy.............

What a £#%&!ing Buffoon....
Closed Thread