United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:12 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Great minds Marlo
Unless the player is Lebron James I doubt anyone could of avoided Niemi's arms without falling, hopefully he gets it rescinded.

can't rescind yellows

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:13 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
can't rescind yellows
Well Styles should be given 40 lashes then.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:14 PM
Sparky***

Niemi lifted his arm up as Ronaldo attempted to go over the top of him, I defy anyone who isn't a £#%&!ing olympic hurdler to keep their feet whilst running at that speed.

Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Utter drivel.

Tevez was excellent throughout the 1st half, 2d half less so. Denied a goal by Niemi's face and a 2 good saves. Linked up delightfully with Rooney, the 2 are definitely on the same wavelength.

Wait till he settles in!
have to agree. didn't go tonight but tevez this season plays with the effort of 2 men.

marlo stansfield

Quote:
Well Styles should be given 40 lashes then.
imagien football in sudan...

referees publicly flogged for getting things wrong.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:19 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Utter drivel.

Tevez was excellent throughout the 1st half, 2d half less so. Denied a goal by Niemi's face and a 2 good saves. Linked up delightfully with Rooney, the 2 are definitely on the same wavelength.

Wait till he settles in!
excellent? i dont think so. i think he was ok, rooney was a lot more effective than he was and ronaldo a lot more danegrous, and they had more or less quieter games than their usual selves.

thing with tevez is he is a rooney-like, big name, ugly hard working argentinian and that seems to paper over a lot of cracks for united fans.

rossi > tevez

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:22 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy

rossi > tevez
i knew you were getting at this you £#%&!ing weirdo..

where have you been lately??

did you move to spain or something...

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
excellent? i dont think so. i think he was ok, rooney was a lot more effective than he was and ronaldo a lot more danegrous, and they had more or less quieter games than their usual selves.

thing with tevez is he is a rooney-like, big name, ugly hard working argentinian and that seems to paper over a lot of cracks for united fans.

rossi > tevez
again %@#$&!s.

Rooney had 0 shots in the first half and got on the end of none of the crosses put into the box. Tevez had 5 or 6 good efforts including getting on the end of a cross or 2, his link up play was superb, whereas Rooney looked rusty. Tevez was through on goal and called offside incorrectly, twice. He just had a night when it wasn't going for him, never stopped though.

As for Rossi. £#%&!. Right. Off.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
i knew you were getting at this you £#%&!ing weirdo..

where have you been lately??

did you move to spain or something...
nah i've stopped going on about rossi, its too painful, but since you and rhodzy were at it thought i'd throw in a snide little comment

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
nah i've stopped going on about rossi, its too painful, but since you and rhodzy were at it thought i'd throw in a snide little comment

he is injured at the moment aint he?

must be hard for you...

i saw a good goal he scored earlier this season though, a chip i think it was.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Luffy

Quote:
again %@#$&!s.

Rooney had 0 shots in the first half and got on the end of none of the crosses put into the box. Tevez had 5 or 6 good efforts including getting on the end of a cross or 2, his link up play was superb, whereas Rooney looked rusty. Tevez was through on goal and called offside incorrectly, twice. He just had a night when it wasn't going for him, never stopped though.

As for Rossi. £#%&!. Right. Off.
the team created fantastic chances for tevez tonight. and sorry but effort doesnt save a player. a better player would have bagged at least 2 of his chances tonight. throughout he made mistakes.

shot too close to the keeper. took an extra touch. lacked pace. strayed offside. didnt pick out the pass quick enough.

giggs was annoyed at the end, a quick lay off to him and he was in. its the little things mate. keep up will ya. you must be one of those fans who thinks tevez is mint when he holds off a challenge and sprays a pass to the rightback. that isnt great work, thats par for the course. its expected at this level.

i am not criticising him too heavy here.i am saying he is a b+ player rather than a+.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
the team created fantastic chances for tevez tonight. and sorry but effort doesnt save a player. a better player would have bagged at least 2 of his chances tonight. throughout he made mistakes.

shot too close to the keeper. took an extra touch. lacked pace. strayed offside. didnt pick out the pass quick enough.

giggs was annoyed at the end, a quick lay off to him and he was in. its the little things mate. keep up will ya. you must be one of those fans who thinks tevez is mint when he holds off a challenge and sprays a pass to the rightback. that isnt great work, thats par for the course. its expected at this level.

i am not criticising him too heavy here.i am saying he is a b+ player rather than a+.
The chances 'made for him' you speak of, he was as involved as anyone else in most build ups, certainly the first save from Niemi.

The reason I think he is special is his ability to occupy and beat defenders, not just by dribbling, but by movement, the fact he doesn't get bullied by the opposition, gets involved in the build up play all over the field, not allowing his markers to get used to his whereabouts, his ability on the ball, which we have seen about 60% of so far and his desire for the ball. Similar to Anderson's abilities in midfield. The Fulham defenders had no idea what to do with him in the first half hour, it was only when we slowed the tempo down after the 1st goal and allowed the Fulham midfield into the game that his influence wained.

Alan Smith worked hard mate, but he was always £#%&!, Tevez is an 'A' player at least and will fast become and A+. Maybe not an A++ like Rooney and Ronaldo, but so few are....

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield

he is injured at the moment aint he?

must be hard for you...

i saw a good goal he scored earlier this season though, a chip i think it was.
Againt Atletico, scored a beauty against Osasuna too.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
koppas

Quote:
Againt Atletico, scored a beauty against Osasuna too.
Ruud scored last week.

Big deal.

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:47 PM
waynes ear's

he took a dive

simple as that

Unread 03-12-2007, 11:48 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
he took a dive

simple as that
Link to the dive?

Unread 04-12-2007, 12:11 AM
legendary saf

Makes me sick really deep in my stomach.

Rob Styles decided to take away Cristiano's chance of his first hattrick in his career simply because he doesn't like him. Sad £#%&!ing bastard.

Unread 04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Makes me sick really deep in my stomach.

Rob Styles decided to take away Cristiano's chance of his first hattrick in his career simply because he doesn't like him. Sad £#%&!ing bastard.

He'll get a hattrick soon enough.

Unread 04-12-2007, 12:14 AM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
he took a dive

simple as that
Idiot.

Unread 04-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Whalefish

Re Tevez and these chances, borrowed from elsewhere:

So far tonight Tevez has had
- one header he just failed to make contact with cos he's a shortarse
- one shot that he was stretching for slightly so could only hit in one way, unfortunately straight at the keeper
- one near post piece of fabulous opportunism that required a superb save
- one glancing header in a melee of players that just went outside the post

So tell me, which one of those were £#%&!ing misses?

That's pretty much spot on. The pov that Rossi is better than Tevez is quite frankly laughable horseshit. He may well turn into a better player than Tevez but I very much doubt it.
Closed Thread