United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Alan

Default Re: "Michael Carrick tells Spurs: You have brought United back into the title race...

Gibson over Carrick any day. Carrick is a proper shithouse.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:14 PM
magic_cantona

Default Re: "Michael Carrick tells Spurs: You have brought United back into the title race...

So Carrick is shit now.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
So Carrick is shit now.

Mentally he is, which is as good as.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
So Carrick is shit now.

No, people have just realised that he's not that good. £18M, £#%&!ing hell.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:25 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Gibson over Carrick any day. Carrick is a proper shithouse.
Whilst I'll hold my hands up and concede Carrick has played like an absolute @#%&! at times this season, I'd still rather see him on the teamsheet ahead of a player who has the turning circle of a broken tank.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:28 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Whilst I'll hold my hands up and concede Carrick has played like an absolute @#%&! at times this season, I'd still rather see him on the teamsheet ahead of a player who has the turning circle of a broken tank.
you nasty bastard, what has a broken tank ever done to you ?

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Alan

Quote:
Fergie wouldn't.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:30 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
agree with your description of gibsons movement, my granny would move faster but i'd still rather him in midfield to the non entity that is michael carrick, gibson gets stuck in, chips in with the odd goal, carrick is just a shit house, when the going gets tough he goes missing.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Fergie wouldn't.
Not that that *always* means you agree with him, I've noticed

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:32 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up Re: "Michael Carrick tells Spurs: You have brought United back into the title race...

Not really arsed who plays tbh, just hope we win.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Spiffy

Thumbs up Re: "Michael Carrick tells Spurs: You have brought United back into the title race...

Quote:
You must get some bonus points for your 'top red league table'. Here's 10.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:36 PM
carlosartorial

Thanks.

believe

Quote:
i'm adding 20 to sniffers 10. you could win this.

Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not that that *always* means you agree with him, I've noticed
Eh?

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:37 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Eh?
Just saying you don't *always* use "SAF agrees" as a clinching argument

Let's not argue this time anyway - we agree on this topic at least; I would be quite happy if Carrick never played for us again

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Time For Heroes

Carrick will be suited by playing against the Spuds midfield, it's not as if they've got anyone to overrun him. Modric and huddlestone are hardly Xavi and Iniesta.

Carrick>Gibson anyday.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:44 PM
General Woundwort

He's not a shithouse. On his day he's top notch.

His problem is, and always has been, that he has patches of great form and patches of shite form. Gibson seems like a decent lad but there's no denying that, in top form, he'd look reasonably comfortable in a lower-table premier league side. Generally, he's Championship standard.

Some people on here have very short and/or selective memories.

Unread 22-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Just saying you don't *always* use "SAF agrees" as a clinching argument

Let's not argue this time anyway - we agree on this topic at least; I would be quite happy if Carrick never played for us again
No I don't, I judge each situation on its merits. Some things I agree with Fergie on, others I don't.
Closed Thread