United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 29-12-2011, 09:05 PM
The Return of JC

Dempsey's was a red, IMO. It's all very well saying it's not malicious, i'm sure it wasn't, but that's not the point. It was an accident, but he led with his arm and that's dangerous. You could see the damage it did and that's the reason it's a red by the letter of the law. Sammon's was clumsy, but it wasn't an elbow, it wasn't a raised hand in retaliation, so it was very harsh. Rightly rescinded.

Unread 29-12-2011, 09:11 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Hang on, there was no way that Wigan lad deserved to be sent off - lumbering oaf or not.

I think the Dempsey one would've been harsh too...though quite what relevence it has to the Wigan red card is, Ive no idea. You might need to give those red-tinted specs a clean, Kev.
Aye, but he caused alot of damage to Jones. Which shows how dangerous it is really. I don't think many would of complained if that was a red.

Unread 29-12-2011, 09:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Aye, but he caused alot of damage to Jones. Which shows how dangerous it is really. I don't think many would of complained if that was a red.
exactly, defo should have been a red card

Unread 29-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Neo

I don't think Sammon's was even a yellow.

It was a foul as he put his hands up, but there was nothing intentional.

He just put his arm up to shield himself from a potential challenge and his hand accidentally hit Carrick's face. Its a contact sport and these things happen. The ref saw it as violent conduct which was ridiculous and showed once again the utter clueless @#%&!s we have making the decisions.

Unread 29-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
exactly, defo should have been a red card
ffs.

and you claim to watch live football....

you ever played ? at ANY level ?

Unread 29-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I don't think Sammon's was even a yellow.

It was a foul as he put his hands up, but there was nothing intentional.

He just put his arm up to shield himself from a potential challenge and his hand accidentally hit Carrick's face. Its a contact sport and these things happen. The ref saw it as violent conduct which was ridiculous and showed once again the utter clueless @#%&!s we have making the decisions.
Agree with you totally apart from the last bit. If the ref saw it as an arm to the face he was right to send him off.

Dowd had a shocker though. It was never a sending off and the penalty was soft as £#%&!

Unread 29-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
If the ref saw it as an arm to the face he was right to send him off.
If I see the fruit machine in my local as a toilet cubicle it might be right in my mind to go and take a whopping shit on it, but I'm still completely and utterly wrong.

Dowd was in--correct.

Unread 29-12-2011, 11:02 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Agree with you totally apart from the last bit. If the ref saw it as an arm to the face he was right to send him off.

Dowd had a shocker though. It was never a sending off and the penalty was soft as £#%&!
Should have had one when Hernandez was kicked in the first half though tbf.

Unread 29-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Dowd had a terrible game tbf

Unread 29-12-2011, 11:05 PM
Sparky***

Harsh but i don't really give a £#%&!, they'd have all been whooping like safari park gibbons if it was Rooney who got sent off.

"Oh, you can't raise your hands"....etc etc....talksports material for the next week...."should rooney be sent away to live on an island until he evolves?" phone 0800-£#%&!-SPEAK.

Unread 29-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Harsh but i don't really give a £#%&!, they'd have all been whooping like safari park gibbons if it was Rooney who got sent off.

"Oh, you can't raise your hands"....etc etc....talksports material for the next week...."should rooney be sent away to live on an island until he evolves?" phone 0800-£#%&!-SPEAK.
scarily true

Unread 29-12-2011, 11:32 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
At least an arguable one in the second half, too. Maybe Dowd had those in mind when he awarded our "softie"

Unread 30-12-2011, 12:47 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
ffs.

and you claim to watch live football....

you ever played ? at ANY level ?
yeah a long time ago was quite good tbhmcclair

anyway ...Dempsey should have been sent off, Jones is lucky he's not out for 6 weeks he led with his elbow watch it again

Unread 30-12-2011, 04:04 AM
rafabio

evans could easily have been sent off. that tackle where he got yellow card, he was nowhere near the ball and could have easily broken the ankle of that wigan player.