United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-12-2023, 11:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Rashford should have been dropped 3 months ago.

United offering that new contract was a massive £#%&! up.
He had just scored 30 goals. You cannot let him go on a free. Imagine letting a player in the form of their life scoring goals for fun leave on a Free.

Hindsight is a bastard. But you couldn’t not offer him a new deal .

Unread 06-12-2023, 11:54 PM
suedeshoes

I'm desperate for Rasmus Birtles/Forlan to score and I really hope he doesn't go the way they went.

Unread 06-12-2023, 11:58 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I didnt say he was absolutely faultless and it was the most perfect display I'd ever seen. Calm down you over enthusiastic M.O.T tester.
you didn't say anything.

he's a decent player. however, aside from the one awful pass, it would be fair to say that chelsea created a lot of chances despite him having a good game (and shaw and maguire), because one midfielder just isn't enough. he played well and we still didn't have much control. get mainoo in next to him... and cass when fit... and we can take on any midfield.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:01 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
you think are coming win against a team with canciedo and in the middle.
This is gonna be brutal. If Cole palmer plays Chelsea will win -1
Sage

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:04 AM
Zorg

Poch and Chelsea get a free hit really don’t they? They’re absolutely wretched and nobody says anything.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:06 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Poch and Chelsea get a free hit really don’t they? They’re absolutely wretched and nobody says anything.
Yeah I was worried about tonight because you look at the individuals and they should be a lot more, but they’re even more chaotic and than us and with about half the effort.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:11 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Think his spell at PSG and now at Chelsea have highlighted he’s not a great manager of big egos. His stock has fallen a lot.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:13 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Sage
Chelsea did win by minus one

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:17 AM
VanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It was always a silly comparison anyway.
You're a sweet kid Riccers, but you're not very clever. The data is the data.

RE: Rashford -- as one who has, if not defended, at least contextualised his recent run of form after multiple 20+ goal seasons .. absolute no problem with him being dropped. Manager lives and dies by his decisions - for better and worse. If the team functions better as a result of his omission, great. If team regresses to lack of goals without him in the side, then it weighs heavy on the manager. Which is how it should always be. Praise for getting pivotal decisions right; criticism for getting them wrong. Instead of cop out fantasy land.

Contract was definitely the right move from the club though. This isn't Pogba: its a 40-50 game player season in, season out. He'll fetch good money on the market if he doesn't outlive Erik.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:17 AM
Dr Stranger

At least he didn’t say by -1

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:22 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHaaksbergen
you're not very clever. The data is the data.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:26 AM
Offerington

Big win and very good performance; should have been 3/4 really. Hojlund is desperate for a goal; he worked hard but needs a goal so badly.

Amrabat, Maguire, Shaw, The Scottish Player all excellent; Garnacho outstanding.

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:42 AM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
Don't worry Jem, I got it

Unread 07-12-2023, 12:57 AM
marlo

i good my hands up here , i was wrong

It’s seems Chelsea’s watch is fake!

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:09 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Those two central midfielders cost them £220 million

Got outplayed by two players who cost us nothing

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:27 AM
jem

if chelsea's finishing hadn't been so abject, we'd be a little more critical of the performance. glad it's over, tbh. there was no point in the game at which we were comfortable. we don't do the simple things well.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:32 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if chelsea's finishing hadn't been so abject, we'd be a little more critical of the performance
It wasn't Chelsea who missed a penalty was it.

Seriously, we could - should - have been 3 or 4 up before they scored.

Unread 07-12-2023, 01:45 AM
croady26

Best 90 min performance since Spurs last October. Just keep Rashford & Martial away from the starting lineup. Wouldn't be disappointed to see both of them leave in the summer.

Unread 07-12-2023, 03:01 AM
Stickman

Chelsea were as open as they were when they last came to OT. Amazing how powderpuff they are given the went so big on the 2 centre mids that started tonight.

Unread 07-12-2023, 03:48 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Why was the ref playing on then ffs??

Great result, better performance but still a long way to go. Some great moments. Thought The Scottish Player did superb, Maguire, Garnacho, Bruno (work rate), Antony and Amrabat were all very good.

We're still so open though, far too many gaps. Mainoo + Amrabat has to be the answer for more dangerous teams.

3 points behind City
Would Erik play that midfield pivot away at Anfield,IF it had been trialled earlier then may have been possible but don't think he has