United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Matchnight thread: Doom, doom, anger, doom, little pea, team & links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Have you bought a job lot of Gary Oldman gifs?
Yep, still got a few more to come

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Matchnight thread: Doom, doom, anger, doom, little pea, team & links

Rafa waving an imaginary card after Gomes' challenge. Classy.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
This has been the case for over a year now. It's increasingly obvious that he isn't the midfielder to take us forward.
What is holding him back though? At his best he is an exceptional player, screens the back 4 well and has tremendous passing range, can keep it for long periods or can find dangerous probing passes. He still does a good defensive job, but that instinctive snappy pass that was his trademark is not there and he is just very hesitant on the ball.

Physically there should not be a problem, still in his prime, confidence has to be the issue.

On top form that midfield 3 that started the game should be capable of matching or bettering most teams, but Anderson is just slowly getting back to full match sharpness, Fletcher is showing signs of fatigue from the workload, and Carrick is mired in the footballing equivalent of existential angst.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:04 PM
captain scarlet

After watching that I think I will stay on the boxing thread. Struggling to get any sense of optimism but suspect that I am hardly on my own there.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:08 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
What is holding him back though? At his best he is an exceptional player, screens the back 4 well and has tremendous passing range, can keep it for long periods or can find dangerous probing passes. He still does a good defensive job, but that instinctive snappy pass that was his trademark is not there and he is just very hesitant on the ball.

Physically there should not be a problem, still in his prime, confidence has to be the issue.

On top form that midfield 3 that started the game should be capable of matching or bettering most teams, but Anderson is just slowly getting back to full match sharpness, Fletcher is showing signs of fatigue from the workload, and Carrick is mired in the footballing equivalent of existential angst.
his best form was always with scholes, whose instinctive movement and ability to always be available might be a big miss for carrick.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Rafa waving an imaginary card after Gomes' challenge. Classy.
A #@&%! of the highest order and that will never change.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
What is holding him back though?
his own game has disappeared. he's lost his identity. i can barely remember what his own game was tbh.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Positives - Anderson, Rafael, Evra, Nani

The rest ok, Carrick ok at a push. Dour performance, dour atmosphere. After Sunday I want to erase this week from my skull hole.
wtf, he had the touch of a rapist, piss poor

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:13 PM
Whalefish

From what I saw that was par from the course for a Fergie tombola XI. Disjointed, appalling tempo, poor passing and a lack of composure in the attacking third.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:16 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Matchnight thread: Doom, doom, anger, doom, little pea, team & links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
From what I saw that was par from the course for a Fergie tombola XI. Disjointed, appalling tempo, poor passing and a lack of composure in the attacking third.
and three points and comfortable progress from the group stage

i hate the champions league, it's £#%&!ing shite.

carling cup > champions league

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
a lack of united players more like. 4-5-1 at home to that lot. with two strikers on the bench. jesus...

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
a lack of united players more like. 4-5-1 at home to that lot. with two strikers on the bench. jesus...
We've bought some cheap shite in recent seasons, I didn't see anything promising in the Oblong cameo and whilst I felt sorry for Macheda (a bit) he doesn't do much for me.

Carrick was £#%&!.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
wtf, he had the touch of a rapist, piss poor
What do you mean, he made at least 5 complete passes back to Kuszczak

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:

Can't take a game by the scruff of the neck. If he's not going to make aggressive passes, he's no use to the team - he's turned into a real fanny when confronted by physical players, and isn't the best at tracking runners. He does the odd bit of intercepting I guess. But he should be sold in January imo if two midfielders can be brought in.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
carling cup > champions league
Certainly the group stage. It's shite.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
We've bought some cheap shite in recent seasons, I didn't see anything promising in the Oblong cameo and whilst I felt sorry for Macheda (a bit) he doesn't do much for me.

Carrick was £#%&!.
tend to agree on macheda

don 't know where carrick has gone

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What do you mean, he made at least 5 complete passes back to Kuszczak
motm performance

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:47 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Certainly the group stage. It's shite.
Yea. Love the KO stages, great drama and very high quality. But the group stages are awful. At OT especially, the atmosphere is always at its worst for those games. Terrible.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:50 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
It was dreadful to watch - so in the end, I didn't. Grand Designs in HD > Champs League Group Stages.

Can't believe I once actually paid real cash to watch similar matches.

Bonkers.

Unread 20-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Shit, would have been the term i would have used.

Thankfully, the side we were playing were utter shit.

Evra was our most threatening player...

Nice goal by Nani, he had a good first half.

Other than that, it was a snoozefest.