United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2020, 09:56 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
They equate wilfully misleading a governing body, revelling in the death of one of it's members and directly benefiting from this deceit with getting done for going a mile over the speed limit.
That Lance Armstrong, all he did was take a few performance enhancing drugs

Unread 16-02-2020, 10:01 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
I don’t get how they think its unjust to be caught and punished for cheating.
Apparently it's perfectly fine to wilfully break a set of rules you signed up for if you don't agree with those rules.

Unread 16-02-2020, 10:07 PM
Switching Off

They're going to boo an anthem theyve booed for years anyway? Divs.

Unread 17-02-2020, 04:09 AM
utd99

Has there ever been a waste of broadband quite like every word that follows: “Right lads, here’s what we should do....”?

Unread 17-02-2020, 06:40 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Bloomong:

Anti UEFA demonstration at Madrid game

- Don’t fret Eccles Blue - I will shout in Madrid for you! Here are some things I think we should do:

1. Make sure the Sheikh attends. I for one will drop the club a line as you can all do too. He’s only been once - against the dippers if my memory serves me well! That would be statement number one - all in this together.

2. We are City til we die. We fight this together - whether we are screwed out of it or not is totally irrelevant. The footballing world is looking to us as fans to make a statement. We make that clear at the Etihad - loud and proud.Whistles, boos whatever it takes - we need to make some noise and make it as toxic in there as possible.

3. The club should do a ‘Wolves’ - dim the lights, get the blue moon on the screens and the best rocking anthem they can find to get that party atmosphere started. ‘Boys in blue’ just won’t cut it - sorry.

I was there when we were nothing. I was there when we were the best the world has ever seen. Fans around the world should recognise that we have brought the best football possible to their TV screens and get behind us too. This is about fighting injustice. It is THAT which needs kicking out of the game.Otherwise it’s finished.

jesus christ

Unread 17-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
If city win the Caribo cup and the fa cup this year, will both losing finalists qualify for the eurodisney?
If their appeal goes into next season, the ban (if any is upheld) won't kick in until the 21-22 season. Something tells me they'll make sure this happens.

Unread 17-02-2020, 08:53 AM
Stickman

City supporter on fb

The more you start to explore City's deliciously timed European ban right before our game against Real Madrid the more and more massive holes start to appear.

City actually rejected a 'deal' that was offered by UEFA that would have involved us giving them another 50 million because we were so confident in the case we presented, a 200 page response formulated by City and KPMG that wasn't even read by UEFA's supposedly impartial judiciary panel. Then you've got La Liga's Javier Tebas coming out straight away to praise UEFA's swift action.

Looking forward to City's collection of the best lawyers that money can buy absolutely tearing this total hatchet job to bits in the coming weeks. I've no doubt that City's legal team have been preparing for this very eventuality for months, if not years and given the combative statement issued over the weekend are raring to go at court.

City will demand accountability across the board at CAS which will then have implications for the likes of Juventus who are funded by the Agnelli family and Fiat in much the same way as Mansour and Etihad and the Qatari-owned PSG who were seemingly allowed to drop 500 mill on two players without consequence...very convenient given there's a bought and paid for World Cup heading there soon!

Whilst accountability will be demanded what should also follow is compensation for damage to 'brand reputation' and once victory is secured we should be heavily suing to re-coup the money stolen by UEFA in the 'deal' two years ago.

The corruption is deep and Pandora's box has been opened.

UEFA may well wish they'd never publicly opened the hood on the finances of European football once our lawyers have finished!!!

Unread 17-02-2020, 08:55 AM
Seamus

When will the premier league come out and hit city ? Relegate the £#%&!ers

Unread 17-02-2020, 09:23 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
When will the premier league come out and hit city ? Relegate the f***ers
If they do EFL has no choose but let them restart in league Two. (the old fourth division).

Unread 17-02-2020, 09:27 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
When will the premier league come out and hit city ? Relegate the f***ers
They'll do it the day they value morality over money.

Unread 17-02-2020, 09:30 AM
Mr_Ed

Whatever the outcome, and City will win this, it’s time the PL had a salary cap and or a spend cap that each team should adhere.

It works in the NFL it seems and makes the FFP part moot doesn’t it?

That’ll ensure there’s a level playing field for the top clubs.

Unread 17-02-2020, 09:36 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Whatever the outcome, and City will win this, it’s time the PL had a salary cap and or a spend cap that each team should adhere.

A salary cap would be great, but it's not feasible owing to the global nature of football. It can be done in the US because the NFL, NBA etc. are closed shops.

In football any such caps would have to be Europe-wide (at least), and the leagues are never all going to agree to it. Plus you've got the EU Court of Justice, which would almost certainly rule it to be restraint of trade

Unread 17-02-2020, 09:39 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

yeah you do get that distinct impression.

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:06 AM
dunk

Quote:

Why? They've deliberately broken the rules set down for everybody to follow? They're bang to rights.

It seems City's main argument will be 'waaahh, waahhh, waahhh, we want to do as we please' or, 'they're doing it too'. However they dress it up, they knew what the rules were to take part in the competition and they knew the punishment if they broke the rules. There is no defence. It's UEFA's competition, it's up to them.

Rubin Kazan did similar and were banned for 2 years as well, I believe, so there is precedent.

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:12 AM
AK14

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:16 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Why? They've deliberately broken the rules set down for everybody to follow? They're bang to rights...

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
In this instance it's money that's the problem.

UEFA and sport in general can't be seen to be dictated to by these super rich owners. PSG will be next.

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:40 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Why? They've deliberately broken the rules set down for everybody to follow? They're bang to rights.

It seems City's main argument will be 'waaahh, waahhh, waahhh, we want to do as we please' or, 'they're doing it too'. However they dress it up, they knew what the rules were to take part in the competition and they knew the punishment if they broke the rules. There is no defence. It's UEFA's competition, it's up to them.

Rubin Kazan did similar and were banned for 2 years as well, I believe, so there is precedent.
They seem to be more concerned about the process than about the facts. I think there is every possibility that their team of very expensive lawyers will find some crack in the UEFA process and have the whole thing thrown out, without ever disputing whether or not they are actually guilty.

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:41 AM
shenwen

Quote:
In this instance it's money that's the problem.

UEFA and sport in general can't be seen to be dictated to by these super rich owners. PSG will be next.
If city did win any appeal (they won’t), then UEFA may as well cease to exist. The best City can hope for is long delays with the appeal.

Unread 17-02-2020, 11:47 AM
MUFC One Love

Wonder if anything will come out about the players wages at city?

They will get it reduced to a year on appeal imo.
Closed Thread