United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-02-2024, 11:06 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Yeah but he needs to go tbh.
Not sure who should replace him, mind.

But he needs to go.
Tbf, it’s not our job to identify a replacement. Our job is to moan and by God, I’ll give that a good go if it’s the last thing I do.

Unread 26-02-2024, 11:23 AM
Sparky***

This should not be happening every single game.

To set the team up like this, with the limitations of the players we have is absolutely mental.

Unread 26-02-2024, 11:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

To set the team up like this, with the limitations of the players we have is absolutely mental.
it has been said before, but... the constant is losing the ball with players out of position, particularly our rb. and that 100% comes from 10h.

the problem is not that we can't see what he is trying to do, but rather that what is trying to do is very silly.

Unread 26-02-2024, 12:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it has been said before, but... the constant is losing the ball with players out of position, particularly our rb. and that 100% comes from 10h.

the problem is not that we can't see what he is trying to do, but rather that what is trying to do is very silly.
This is a big concern. He emphasises transition a lot and that it fails when we give the ball away… but we give the ball away high up the pitch. Which is bound to happen. And we have players who are not careful in possession, Mainoo aside. We’re destined to get turnover a lot and much of his game seems to be based on..:not getting turned over…

One deep lying midfielder is an issue too. The insistence of ‘two number 8s’ is a big gamble

Unread 26-02-2024, 01:22 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

https://x.com/tenhagball_/status/176...Tig51Y-d5izVYA
It’s what I’ve been saying
Structurally we’re a shambles

There should only be 10 yards between our lines so we are hard to play through even when we have the ball so we can quickly win the ball back when we get

Instead there is 20 or 30 yards between our lines
It’s a complete joke

This is nothing to do with injuries as basic organisation should be the same no matter who is playing

Either ETH is coaching them to be like this or he’s allowing them to ignore his instructions, either way it shows he’s not up to it

Unread 26-02-2024, 01:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
It’s what I’ve been saying
Structurally we’re a shambles

There should only be 10 yards between our lines so we are hard to play through even when we have the ball so we can quickly win the ball back when we get

Instead there is 20 or 30 yards between our lines
It’s a complete joke

This is nothing to do with injuries as basic organisation should be the same no matter who is playing

Either ETH is coaching them to be like this or he’s allowing them to ignore his instructions, either way it shows he’s not up to it

Unread 26-02-2024, 01:55 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Saturday was appalling, but your statement it would never have happened under LvG is simply factually incorrect. Sorry.
dimwit. Norwich had 31% possession and 6 shots.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35078521

the point obviously wasn't that LVGs united never got beat at home by shit opposition, its about the manner of the defeat.

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:26 PM
magic_cantona

Absolutely incredible/sickening:

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:32 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Incredible that you've not seen it posted 6 posts previous?

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:40 PM
jem

the only thing wrong with king louis's football was that the concept of scoring goals wasn't really that prominent. it was all possession for the sake of possession.

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:48 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
The commentary too. 5 defeats from 6 for Fulham away from home. The other a draw at Burnley where they lost a 2 goal lead. We couldn’t have asked for an easier team to play at home and they were worthy winners. Alarming.

Unread 26-02-2024, 02:57 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
that counter attack on the 35 second mark, look who's busting their %@#$&!s getting back - mainoo and garnacho.

every clip there we have 8 men forward, yet we were absolutely incapable of creating chances. this is what I mean when I say I don't know what we do in training.

Unread 26-02-2024, 03:17 PM
marlo

he needs another season and his first choice starting 11 every game….

otherwise we can’t be expected to match Fulham at home!

His is a joke of a manager purely because ge can’t even get the basics right. How can we be so open every game both home and away.

This was the issue back end of last season and it’s the same. It has nothing to do with injuries as you would pick our squad over most of the shit teams that are outplaying us.

Unread 26-02-2024, 04:14 PM
Dacter

Quote:
There's few sights in football more grotesque than watching Harry Maguire trying to make a recovery run

Unread 26-02-2024, 04:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
There's few sights in football more grotesque than watching Harry Maguire trying to make a recovery run
For all his effort and decent attitude, the turn and chase just screams Everton player. He's Tarkowski but with better ears.

Unread 26-02-2024, 04:18 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:07 PM
Dacter

Quote:
For all his effort and decent attitude, the turn and chase just screams Everton player. He's Tarkowski but with better ears.
The way his feet splay out infuriates me. Like a duck with cerebral palsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
That's what i mean, you look at the players we're putting out on the pitch and most of them are slower than a snail's funeral.

Yet here we are turning the ball over constantly right up the other end of the pitch and watching our players trudge after the opposition. What the £#%&! are we doing? Surely at some point a bit of pragmatism has to take precedent and you have to accept you can't play this way with that absolute dog's dinner of a back line.

Watching Maguire and Eriksen for Fulham's winner - my god. I honestly think Traore could have got down his hands and knees and crawled away from them and they still wouldn't have caught him.

It's no wonder the players are constantly £#%&!ing injured or look exhausted, they're like basketball players just constantly sprinting up and down the £#%&!ing pitch.

It's madness.

Unread 26-02-2024, 08:08 PM
suedeshoes

"He was just Tarkowski with better ears and like a duck with cerebral palsey", should go on his tombstone.

Unread 26-02-2024, 09:08 PM
Sparky***