United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Ah so the deal fell through bit like Maguires did? Cheers.
No

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:08 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Ah so the deal fell through bit like Maguires did? Cheers.
Erm...

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:09 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
No
What?

Like it when me and Patty are on the same page though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I'm not slaughtering him for not going to West Ham, he's getting slaughtered because he decided to sit on a pay packet or get paid off to leave the club. It was his decision, but people can think it's a shit decision. Couldn't give a shit if it was Maguire or any other player, they'd get the same shit..

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:14 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
What?

Like it when me and Patty are on the same page though
Patty made the distinction that loreint pulled the plug, as opposed to Maguire not agreeing to his move. So not like Maguire’s, no.

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:16 PM
believe

Quote:
Patty made the distinction that loreint pulled the plug, as opposed to Maguire not agreeing to his move. So not like Maguire’s, no.
Ah right, silly me.

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Ah right, silly me.
No more than usual tbf.

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
A few clubs had a nibble and all walked away, he didn’t exactly show any enthusiasm for the Lorient switch by all accounts, until it was clear he had no other options by which time they’d £#%&!ed him off and signed Bakayoko.

I wouldn’t have said he’s shown any determination to get out and get playing, which he desperately needed to do after that injury, which sort of fits with his on field persona tbf.

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:25 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
A few clubs had a nibble and all walked away, he didn’t exactly show any enthusiasm for the Lorient switch by all accounts, until it was clear he had no other options by which time they’d £#%&!ed him off and signed Bakayoko.

I wouldn’t have said he’s shown any determination to get out and get playing, which he desperately needed to do after that injury, which sort of fits with his on field persona tbf.
Interesting twist

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:28 PM
Dr Stranger

Considering he was happy to go to Everton, I think it’s reasonable to assume he would have accepted a move to West Ham to be a key player (and allegedly their captain, in Maguire’s case).

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:28 PM
dunk

I’d say he’s getting less shit because he’s had a year out, hasn’t cost us on countless occasions on the pitch, is unlikely to play and strengthening in his area wasn’t contingent on him accepting a move that the club had agreed.

I’d say I don’t hold it against Maguire either tbh. He’s slightly delusional, but I can understand him wanting better than West Ham and not wanting to walk away from £5-6m+ in wages and bonuses.

Unread 16-09-2023, 12:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I’d say I don’t hold it against Maguire either tbh. He’s slightly delusional, but I can understand him wanting better than West Ham and not wanting to walk away from £5-6m+ in wages and bonuses.
He’s within his rights to demand his wage difference but surely it’s part of a negotiation and in the end the right decision has always got to be to play football - in this case for the best wham team in decades.

I can’t believe there wasn’t some kind of compromise - if there wasn’t then it was equally stupid of him and the club. But if it was me, I’d take the wage cut and try and get my career back on track. Not sit on my arse all season getting booed relentlessly whenever I go near a football.

Modern players - would prefer to live in constant embarrassment but trouser £5m than actually play.

Unread 16-09-2023, 01:02 PM
dunk

United agreed a fee so low that in paying him off in full they’d be effectively making an epic loss on his value in the accounts which would’ve further knackered us for FFP.

They agreed the low fee as it was all they could get and in part to give him a chance to go and play, him knocking it back because he wanted his full money was a slap in the face in some respects I suppose.

Unread 05-11-2023, 03:36 AM
Chris Quayd

Just remembered he existed, could be the answer?

Unread 05-11-2023, 06:14 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Depends what the question is.

Unread 05-11-2023, 06:46 AM
lenin

Quote:
Depends what the question is.
Who was the Dutch Milky Bar kid that everyone said was a world beater, but who turned out to be anonymous then disappeared off the face of the earth

Unread 05-11-2023, 07:49 AM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:

Like a new signing!!

Unread 05-11-2023, 09:00 AM
Vedder

Quote:
To who’s the shittest player in the squad?

Unread 05-11-2023, 09:46 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
To who’s the shittest player in the squad?
Not an easy answer that. Him, Antony and Dalot are football vacuums.

Unread 05-11-2023, 10:06 AM
The taste of...

I reckon these two Fred’s should run the transfer threads from now on

From page 2

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=24

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...6&postcount=37

Unread 05-11-2023, 07:57 PM
red in cumbria

Except that "average" has been if anything generous.