United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-02-2023, 11:33 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Isn't half of the people upset, expressing it on a slave made device?

Everything has an evil aspect.

I'd rather Fred West own us than the Glazers.
We'd save money on a groundsman too

Unread 15-02-2023, 11:34 AM
armchair

I'd forgotten that PSG rejected the super league immediately. Maybe it was too progressive for them.

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:07 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Isn't half of the people upset, expressing it on a slave made device?

Everything has an evil aspect.

I'd rather Fred West own us than the Glazers.
Yes but i can't worry about literally everything and i'm choosing to ignore most things like this to suit my position.

Elon's back in the running.

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:16 PM
guerreiro

I’ve got zero morals or ethics issues when it comes to football ownership. As long as we’re not worse off. There’s not been a single time in my life when I haven’t hated the owners of United.

Allah Akbar

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:19 PM
BarryX

Elon Musk, you say? The guy who decided to make electric cars enmasse, and then created an affordable version that was faster than any road legal multi-million pound supercar? The guy who not only decided to make a rocket, but then built one that lands on re-entry and can be reused?? If there's one man who will finally find us value in the market, it's Big Elon. I'd vote Yay in his poll, for sure.

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
We dominated football for 20 years because our resources were disproportionate to most of the other teams. It didn’t seem to bother us too much then.
We dominated football for 20 years because we had the greatest manager who ever walked the earth in charge.

Clubs like Newcastle, Blackburn, Chelsea and Arsenal more than competed with United. The reason we saw them off was because of Sir Alex Ferguson.

I can't believe I'm having to correct you on this £#%&!ing horse shit.

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:29 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We dominated football for 20 years because we had the greatest manager who ever walked the earth in charge.

Clubs like Newcastle, Blackburn, Chelsea and Arsenal more than competed with United. The reason we saw them off was because of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Are you saying we didn’t have resources disproportionate to most of the other teams in the league?

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:29 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Elon Musk, you say? The guy who decided to make electric cars enmasse, and then created an affordable version that was faster than any road legal multi-million pound supercar? The guy who not only decided to make a rocket, but then built one that lands on re-entry and can be reused?? If there's one man who will finally find us value in the market, it's Big Elon. I'd vote Yay in his poll, for sure.
Qatar > Elon and I have no love for Qatar

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:31 PM
Chris Quayd

I'll happily concede on behalf of the naysayers that the morality and ethics arguement at best is hypocritical.

The iPhone point aside, we turn a blind eye to the lack of ethics and cheating across the game, children being scooped up en masse into academies sold a dream they have no hope of fulfilling then discarded and deliberately utterly unequipped to deal with the rejection and resulatant mental health issues is one that particularly gets me, it's also what leads to situations like Greenwood where the club have warped the reality of kids for so long they feel untouchable. In that context to draw an invisible line between tolerating things like that and not tolerating some rich Arabs who couldn't place Manchester on a map is arbritary though again, just because people tolerate something doesn't mean they should tolerate everything.

What I don't understand is how people can tolerate the destruction of competition. Football is a sport and while money doesn't guarantee success the fact that you would have a few clubs in the country with essentially unlimited funds ultimately destroys competion. There will always be bigger spenders and it's far from ideal that the gap grows every year but at least that is mainly based on success and not some artificial pumping in of wealth that most of the football league or even European compeition have no chance of accessing, it is cheating on the grandest of scales.

I am now where those mainly older reds were in 05 who said they couldn't stop supporting the club despite the owners. Back then I gave up a season ticket because I found it an outrage that the club could be put into existential risk all to satisfy some parasites who I have loathed every day since and will to my dying day. Now I see this as another dark day for the sport among many, I won't stop supporting though it is an enormous turn-off and I will care less but then I already feel that way because of VAR among other things. I want my son to have the thrill of following the reds but increasingly I will focus on the memories of United and not the present or future.

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Are you saying we didn’t have resources disproportionate to most of the other teams in the league?
No.

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:32 PM
believe

Quote:
No.
Then we’re on the same page

Unread 15-02-2023, 12:53 PM
dragflick

Quote:

Unread 15-02-2023, 01:18 PM
Jethro

Quote:
We didn't replace Roy Keane till 2022. So, no.

Unread 15-02-2023, 01:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:

He was also the reason a lot of players came here. Blackburn offered more for Keane. City offered more for RVP. They chose United and Fergie.

Unread 15-02-2023, 01:36 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
United are the biggest club in the country and have been for longer than any of us have been alive apart from nofun.

United are bound to have bigger resources than most other clubs, in the same way Real Madrid have bigger resources than most other clubs in Spain.

It’s not disproportionate.

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:16 PM
GeorgeWickstaff

I am enjoying this season more than any in the last decade.

It is not because we are unbeatable or financially doped up it is because we have a great manager and likeable players. The excitement is there because lets be honest, we always think we are going to slip up and get beaten no matter who we play. It makes the wins far more enjoyable.

If you think about it and Qatar did throw billions into United and bought the best players in the world would it actually be any better? it might be for a season. But then what?

It would be better if state sponsorship was banned across the entire planet and stable financial models implemented. Will never happen though. Too many snouts in the trough.

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:17 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
United are the biggest club in the country and have been for longer than any of us have been alive apart from nofun.

United are bound to have bigger resources than most other clubs, in the same way Real Madrid have bigger resources than most other clubs in Spain.

It’s not disproportionate.
You could argue we got lucky timing our rise with the start of the PL, but thats about it.

Not disproportionate - just better

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:26 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWickstaff

It is not because we are unbeatable or financially doped up it is because we have a great manager and likeable players. The excitement is there because lets be honest, we always think we are going to slip up and get beaten no matter who we play. It makes the wins far more enjoyable.

If you think about it and Qatar did throw billions into United and bought the best players in the world would it actually be any better? it might be for a season. But then what?

It would be better if state sponsorship was banned across the entire planet and stable financial models implemented. Will never happen though. Too many snouts in the trough.
Total agreement from me 👍🏼

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:33 PM
puressence

getting closer

Unread 15-02-2023, 02:40 PM
53RedRum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWickstaff

I'm not so keen on the fact we've finally found the right man to manage the team but supplied him with a loan signing from Burnley to fire us to four trophies. I want the Boss to compete on a level playing field not with both hands tied behind his back. We don't néed billions pumping into the playing side of it, if city are punished appropriately it wouldn't happen anyway.
Closed Thread