United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Default Re: *Official* United v Spurs Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
Quite a lot of people on this thread tonight too, why weren't people at the game? Im at work.

Should put a generic 'this is not a top red post' just trying to find out where most people are from etc.
Chubbed

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
first home game Ive missed this season - I had to go into Altrincham to buy an electric whisk and give my opinion on a coat she was buying

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:13 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Quote:
Quite a lot of people on this thread tonight too, why weren't people at the game? Im at work.

Should put a generic 'this is not a top red post' just trying to find out where most people are from etc.
untill its 15 notes to get in again i doubt if i will ever be back

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:13 PM
no fun

Quote:
Link?

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

I wonder what the motd 'analysts' will say about the goal? Bet they'll ignore the fact that it was actually a goal, nani did nothing wrong and gomes created his own mistake.

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:21 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
I wonder what the motd 'analysts' will say about the goal? Bet they'll ignore the fact that it was actually a goal, nani did nothing wrong and gomes created his own mistake.
well apart from the hand ball.

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:27 PM
Gizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
And he brought up that Pedro Mendes game, which ended 0-0 actually and not a Spurs loss. Jon Champion HATES United. He was crying on that 5-2 day too.
Oh yes, i remember the 5-2 - i was so angry with him and Burley going on an on about the penno as we stroked it goals 2 + 3. I had to listen to commentary on 5live after a bit.

Craig Burleys exsistence still annoys me.

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Rhodzy

Oop

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:42 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy

Oop
not the point though. nani handballs it but then gomes has it in his hands and the ref waves play on, correctly. with spurs in possession the only reason he'd have to interrupt the game would be if he wanted to book somebody. gomes just decided to award himself a free kick, the daft @#%&!.

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v Spurs Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
not the point though. nani handballs it but then gomes has it in his hands and the ref waves play on, correctly. with spurs in possession the only reason he'd have to interrupt the game would be if he wanted to book somebody. gomes just decided to award himself a free kick, the daft @#%&!.
eggzackeryl

Unread 30-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Sloane

exactly did spurs want a free kick 2 yards out or the ball in the keepers hands?

Unread 30-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
yup

Unread 30-10-2010, 09:20 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
£#%&!ing hilarious.
I thought so

Otherwise, another pretty boring game. Be nice if United actually entertained us at some point this season, the football's been terrible so far. Trying to see the game out a one nil with half an hour to go ffs :shakehead:

Spurs were dog shit, other than a few good shots from distance.

Unread 30-10-2010, 09:39 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
him, nani or fletcher imo. thought fletcher was superb.
Quote:
Yes and yes.

Really pleased for Park tonight, he did brilliantly.And Carrick/Fletch (MOTM imo) worked superbly well at times.For all Spurs huffing and puffing, I thought we were very good.A clean sheet is also a great bonus, considering.

Had the pleasure of listening on the radio for the past hour "Nani was diving all night!It was a scandalous decision" - even though it was correct and should have been a 'pelanty' anyway.

Unread 30-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Yes and yes.

Really pleased for Park tonight, he did brilliantly.And Carrick/Fletch (MOTM imo) worked superbly well at times.For all Spurs huffing and puffing, I thought we were very good.A clean sheet is also a great bonus, considering.

Had the pleasure of listening on the radio for the past hour "Nani was diving all night!It was a scandalous decision" - even though it was correct and should have been a 'pelanty' anyway.
So carrick had a good game today?

Unread 30-10-2010, 09:44 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
So carrick had a good game today?
I thought he did, yes.

Unread 30-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I thought he did, yes.
Don't worry I'm not getting at you. Just the general concensus is that he had a really good game, yet a couple people on here have gone the opposite and said he had a shocker again, same as park.

Sort of backs up the theory that some people on here just slate whoever the current scapegoat is without actually watching them play.

Unread 30-10-2010, 10:01 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Don't worry I'm not getting at you. Just the general concensus is that he had a really good game, yet a couple people on here have gone the opposite and said he had a shocker again, same as park.

Sort of backs up the theory that some people on here just slate whoever the current scapegoat is without actually watching them play.
Phew!

Agreed, btw.

Unread 30-10-2010, 10:03 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

as stated a few who have been under the cosh did have good or better games today, there seemed to be a bit more invention, or attempts at creativity from Parky and some bits came off, Carrick was better than of late had that left foot shot been a foot either way of gomes it would have been a cracking goal.

maybe its playing against a team who want to play football.

thought Mad Pat was better today too.

Nice bit of skill from Wes to put Nani through.

Unread 30-10-2010, 10:08 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
as stated a few who have been under the cosh did have good or better games today, there seemed to be a bit more invention, or attempts at creativity from Parky and some bits came off, Carrick was better than of late had that left foot shot been a foot either way of gomes it would have been a cracking goal.

maybe its playing against a team who want to play football.

thought Mad Pat was better today too.

Nice bit of skill from Wes to put Nani through.
Me too, but he's still getting grief from some on here

Agree with the Gorilla - it's a scapegoat mentality.