United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2017, 11:59 AM
puressence

Love the experts questioning a multi winning manager yet never mention other managers letting players go like Stam ..

Unread 03-04-2017, 12:03 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Love the experts questioning a multi winning manager yet never mention other managers letting players go like Stam ..
I couldn't give a £#%&! what Stam does at Reading tbh

Unread 03-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Perhaps Mourinho's attitude to him is part of the problem?

Publically berates him for a mistake against Watford.

Fellaini costs us a game against Everton and gets unconditional public support.

Yes LVG questioned his fitness in his first season, but he came back last season and looked phenomenal.

Would be easier to take if our alternative options weren't Young, Darmian, Blind & Rojo.
If he was ripping up trees and working hard he'd be in the first 11 nqat... maybe his leg injury is hampering him but it sounds like an attitude issue

Unread 03-04-2017, 12:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
and gerry daly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
If he was ripping up trees and working hard he'd be in the first 11 nqat... maybe his leg injury is hampering him but it sounds like an attitude issue
should be a sackable offence imo, especially for council workers.

Unread 03-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
See Siders quote. Mourinho's judgement has been peculiar in this decade.

It's entirely possible it might be a bit of both though from player and manager. For me, Shaw's talent and our current alternatives means he should get some games to prove himself.

Mourinho has already said he regrets his treatment of Basti and let's not forget it looked like Mhiki was being frozen out too for a long time before he came back into side and looked like one of our most dangerous players.

Unread 03-04-2017, 01:26 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Are you seriously claiming that no fans questioned what was going on when Fergie let Stam go?

Unread 03-04-2017, 02:27 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...in-Bruyne.html

New to the manager in question, pal?
Well if big Piet says so

Unread 03-04-2017, 02:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Well if big Piet says so
No you're right. In fact, in reality Mourinho didn't even sell him. Bloody agenda.

Unread 03-04-2017, 02:50 PM
Dasilvatwins

This isnt just a jose mourinho thing. Lvg practically called shaw a fat bastard during preseason. Clearly his fitness/training is not up to a certain standard.

Unread 03-04-2017, 02:53 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
Shut up you clueless little #@&%!
Edited to include me in your reply. You absolute £#%&!ing duvet.

Unread 03-04-2017, 03:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
No you're right. In fact, in reality Mourinho didn't even sell him. Bloody agenda.

So you don't dislike Mourinho and skew all your arguments to support your view that he's a poor manager, particularly compared to LVG? You sure pal?

Unread 03-04-2017, 03:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
So you don't dislike Mourinho and skew all your arguments to support your view that he's a poor manager, particularly compared to LVG? You sure pal?

We've been 5th or 6th for about six months and I've still said I don't think Mourinho is that much to blame. That's very reasonable imo.

The issue with the young players is sad, though. And was grimly predictable.

Unread 03-04-2017, 03:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

We've been 5th or 6th for about six months and I've still said I don't think Mourinho is that much to blame. That's very reasonable imo.

Unread 03-04-2017, 04:36 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:

I'm not sure many predicted that Shaw would be an utter wuss tbf.

Unread 03-04-2017, 04:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
You'd be surprised. First glimpse of skinny jeans sent the forum into meltdown.

Unread 03-04-2017, 04:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Indeed. Largely because he had played well under the previous regime. Well said.

Unread 03-04-2017, 04:53 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Indeed. Largely because he had played well under the previous regime. Well said.
You mean the other regime who's boss sidelined him for being an overweight mess?

Unread 03-04-2017, 05:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You mean the other regime who's boss sidelined him for being an overweight mess?
Quickly got the lad in shape and quickly got him out on the field. I favour that approach.

Unread 03-04-2017, 05:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Are you seriously claiming that no fans questioned what was going on when Fergie let Stam go?
Especially when they saw who his "replacement" was........

Unread 03-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Tronics

Not surprised, Mourinho has previous form with youngsters tbf - didn't he have a bit of fall out with that Loftus-Creek kid at Chelsea too?

Plus i'd take Mourinho's comments with a pinch of salt, this is the same guy who binned Basti cause he didn't think he was good enough but persisted with Fellaini and made it his mission for the fans to "love him"

Mourinho is basically a Portuguese version of Roy Keane, if he doesn't like it you he doesn't like you and usually it has very little to do with any you might of done to him etc

Shaw's quality, he'll be alright
Closed Thread