United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-07-2008, 09:36 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Berbatov will be a great signing - I know some people will say we are only buying him for marketing reasons in the lucrative Bulgarian market but I think he will fit in well. Also, since the Bulgarian nurses were released from Libya, he seems to have a spring in his step.
Spot on the money as ever, Jezerley. The markets in Bulgaria are already full of Berbatov No 9 Shirts, and are doing a roaring trade at 5 pounds a piece (2 for 7.50).

Unread 15-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Spot on the money as ever, Jezerley. The markets in Bulgaria are already full of Berbatov No 9 Shirts, and are doing a roaring trade at 5 pounds a piece (2 for 7.50).
Cheers Lord Barry of Tevilleshire, I expected you to be fully up to speed on the world's second (or third?) biggest economy

Unread 15-07-2008, 01:01 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Cheers Lord Barry of Tevilleshire, I expected you to be fully up to speed on the world's second (or third?) biggest economy
I am actually currently there (here) as the Mrs is a Bulgar. We left (Cheshire) 18 months ago, to move over here and have the second. Its actually a very good place to live with the kids. No mortgage. Very little street crime. Good ski-ing and beaches. Cheap booze. And full of eye candy. My God, its incredible at this time of year.....

Stoichkov's Uncle is a family friend, too.

Unread 15-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Jez Quigley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I am actually currently there (here) as the Mrs is a Bulgar. We left (Cheshire) 18 months ago, to move over here and have the second. Its actually a very good place to live with the kids. No mortgage. Very little street crime. Good ski-ing and beaches. Cheap booze. And full of eye candy. My God, its incredible at this time of year.....

Stoichkov's Uncle is a family friend, too.
Good man Teville - that sounds fantastic.
I know very well (at my gaffe 2 nights ago) a couple from an Embassy who were in Bulgaria for a few years until 2006. They never stop saying how great a place it is - and I reckon it is going in the right way too from what I have seen/read.

Honestly - shkiing and beaches? My absolute fantasy - hope to have kids one day and raise them somewhere like that, get them to have an appreciation of nature and all the fun one can have in it.

Well done Teville - and did I understand that right? You know Uncle Bulgaria

ps My company is next to the Bulgarian Embassy out here - when the nurses were released, the most mean looking 'diplomatic staff' took over the top floor and roof of our building. Not surprised crime is low if you have hard cases like that running the joint.

remembers Georgi Markov too....

Unread 15-07-2008, 01:23 PM
BarryX

It is a good place to be with the kids, thats for sure. Apart from mother nature at her finest, we get a load more family time here - no commuting up and down the A34/M6 for 2 or 3 hours a day...The eldest can ski, is practising Aikido, learning to swim and speaks two languages already. He's only five..

Your right about the police/powers that be here. In fact almost all the male folk have been through a very heavy military service, and its normal for every household to have some kind of firearm. I guess its what keeps the street crime down, and the organised crime up.

Georgi Markov....guess he knew the score (only a little bit too much).

Unread 16-07-2008, 09:13 AM
chrispycod

funny how you never see the Bat and the Count in the same room

just me then

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:09 AM
Baron

Berba & Wayne round the back of the bike sheds for a crafty tab

Unread 16-07-2008, 10:47 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispycod
funny how you never see the Bat and the Count in the same room